Author Topic: to jaymzthefishyer  (Read 22045 times)

Offline Baiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get jiggy with it!
to jaymzthefishyer
« on: Dec 11, 2005, 08:19 PM »
Jay,

have fished the secret lake, but I have never caught anything out of there besides trout, and a few crappie, what gives.

Baiter
Fishing is not about life or death, it is much more important than that! And all I have to say is FISH ON baby.

Offline R.J.

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It must be that time again!
Re: to jaymzthefishyer
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2005, 04:23 PM »
OK Jaymz, let's here it!

Offline jaymzthefisher

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2005, 05:06 PM »
Baiter,

Where to start. Where are you fishing out there and what are you using? I know location doesnt seem like it would matter out there with as small as it is but just a couple of feet make a difference. You want to fish over the mucky bottom not the hard pan like you would think. the trout hang over the hard bottom. And forget about using live minnows this time of year. All my eyes come off of jigging raps not tipped with bait, CHUBBY DARTERS (these have been my goto for big fish both walleye and crappie) and for numbers of eater size walleye just a sweedish pimple tipped with a minnow head has been key.) Where the muck bottom comes into play these fish are rooting around in the muck for whatever they can push up so you want you lure stirring up the bottom. You wont catch great numbers of eyes through the ice out there but the ones you do catch will be bigger. And to catch crappies pretty much all day just use the Chubby or a smaller jigging rapala and fish it about 2 feet under the ice.

If you are going to be back home over Christmas let me know and I will try to show you where and how just promise not to let to many people know.

Jaymz

Offline Baiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get jiggy with it!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2005, 11:10 AM »
Jayman,
Have been pretty busy with family lately since i've been home and haven't got to fish yet.  But wanted to hit the lake up today but I am afraid it is open water with this darn warm weather we've been getting. Thanks a bunch for the info, and I might try to go out and check if there is any ice on the lake today but I am not holding my breath.

Baiter
Fishing is not about life or death, it is much more important than that! And all I have to say is FISH ON baby.

Offline Sandbilly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2005, 10:21 PM »
Jamz, we will be in your area dec. 27 & 28th. Plan to fish bb and smith with a night trip to whitney if the ice holds. The ice is getting soft in areas around here. Need the cold to come back quick.

Join us if you can. Still running a red F250 crew cab. Also might be a Minnesota plate there.

Offline smeltshack

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • You tell em im coming and my vex is coming with me
« Reply #5 on: Dec 25, 2005, 10:04 PM »
So i hear you all are raising two-mouthed trout?  ;D   
What pond was that in Lincoln again? I fished Standing Bear up in Omaha when i lived there and never saw such a thing.

Offline stomp16

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 10:36 PM »
James you still around?  Been trying to get a hold of you to do some walleye fishing next week.  Don't have your number anymore, phone got lost in Lake Minatare.  :-\

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.