Author Topic: Mora Nova/Clam Plate  (Read 792 times)

Offline djlangen

• IceShanty Rookie
Mora Nova/Clam Plate
« on: Aug 16, 2019, 06:07 PM »
I'm looking to attach my 6" Mora Nova auger to a Clam Plate for the upcoming ice season. The handle attachment for the Mora Nova is 22mm (.866" in), and to my knowledge, an adapter doesn't exist to attach it to a Clam Plate. I know I'm taking a shot in the dark here, but if anyone with fabricating skills can help me out, please let me know via pm. Thanks!

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Mora Nova/Clam Plate
« Reply #1 on: Aug 16, 2019, 06:50 PM »
I'm looking to attach my 6" Mora Nova auger to a Clam Plate for the upcoming ice season. The handle attachment for the Mora Nova is 22mm (.866" in), and to my knowledge, an adapter doesn't exist to attach it to a Clam Plate. I know I'm taking a shot in the dark here, but if anyone with fabricating skills can help me out, please let me know via pm. Thanks!

this should work. your 22mm (.866 in) is the standard power auger diameter and the Clam plate is 18mm (.75 in) or standard hand auger diameter.

https://shop.clamoutdoors.com/k-drill-power-auger-adapter-for-conversion-kit.html
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline djlangen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Aug 16, 2019, 08:06 PM »
I've already tried the K-Drill power auger adapter. It was close, but wasn't a snug fit.

Offline papadarv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Aug 17, 2019, 07:59 AM »
I posted a $5 DIY adapter a couple years ago. Short piece of 1" conduit and thin wall PVC. My 5 augers 6', 7" & 8" are all made from Mora hand augers. Here is the link to the adapter your interested in.
https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=327903.msg3513509#msg3513509
Scan through my post's. I have a bit of info on converted Mora augers.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #4 on: Aug 19, 2019, 11:32 PM »
I've already tried the K-Drill power auger adapter. It was close, but wasn't a snug fit.

So......does some powder coating need to be sanded down or chipped for it to fit?

I know I had a 6in lazer hand auger, and the powder coating was a bit to think for a drill adaptor to be inserted into it. Anfter chipping some powder coating off on the auger it fit perfect.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.