Author Topic: Abu Garcia Veritas 3.0 Ice Fishing  (Read 1061 times)

Offline Vinny1892

• IceShanty Rookie
Abu Garcia Veritas 3.0 Ice Fishing
« on: Aug 19, 2019, 05:27 PM »
Hi im wondering if this ice rod is any good. New to ice fishing so im trying to budget money like most people do but not buy junk either

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Abu Garcia Veritas 3.0 Ice Fishing
« Reply #1 on: Aug 19, 2019, 05:33 PM »
Buy this instead.  Two rods for the price of one.  I know zilch about the Veritas.

https://www.amazon.com/Fenwicks-FICEMET25-29-Methods-Spinning/dp/B06XKMQ1D7

These are VERY nice rods for the price and come with a sweet rod case.

This is a great way to start.

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Aug 19, 2019, 06:00 PM »
What DN said. I got one and am very happy with it.  At under $20, it's a no brainer.

Offline Vinny1892

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Aug 19, 2019, 06:03 PM »
How are the actions as will primarily be going after walleye?

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Aug 19, 2019, 06:23 PM »
I got mine for Lake Erie, and they'll be great for eyes.  I also have the 23/27" one and used it for Green Bay whitefish last year.  It's nice having the option to switch the strength of the rod if you want.  The rod case is worth the $20, you have nothing to lose.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Aug 19, 2019, 06:29 PM »
How are the actions as will primarily be going after walleye?

The 25” (2-6#) is Light action and the 29” (4-8#) is Medium Action.  Depends on how big the walleyes are.  The 25” would be a little light if you hooked into a real pig.  The 29” would be fine for most walleyes.  I know you’re new here and WELCOME!!!, but trust me, these are r e a l l y nice rod outfits for the $$.

I have one sitting in my lap if you’d like some more photos.

DN

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline Vinny1892

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Aug 19, 2019, 06:33 PM »
Sure if you got any pics that be awesome and next pay check ill look harder into these thanks guys! 

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Aug 19, 2019, 06:49 PM »
Sure if you got any pics that be awesome and next pay check ill look harder into these thanks guys!

I’m feeling generous tonight and you’ve made it to three posts which means you can PM (private message) me with your address and I’ll just send you the brand new one sitting right here.  How’s that?  ;) ;D

You’re very welcome and welcome again to the Ice Shanty!  A guy looking for an ice rod in mid August can’t be all bad, right guys!?   ;D

DN

PS.  Yes, I’m serious.  ;)  I enjoy doing nice things for people here and there.  Send me your address and I’ll get it in the mail to you by Wednesday at the latest.

Offline Vinny1892

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Aug 19, 2019, 06:53 PM »
I just pm you and awesome thank you so much guys! Also on a side note i know you all prolly use electric knives but i also make custom knives on the side as well including fillets!

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Aug 19, 2019, 07:02 PM »
I just pm you and awesome thank you so much guys! Also on a side note i know you all prolly use electric knives but i also make custom knives on the side as well including fillets!

I might hit you up for one one of these days.  I’m a little bit of a knife nut too.  Check your pm to me to see if it went.  I’ve not gotten anything yet.  I’ll send you one if I don’t get anything from you shortly.  Use the ‘My Messages’ tab above in the menu.

DN

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #10 on: Aug 19, 2019, 07:32 PM »
Deal Ninja I give you a big  :thumbsup:,a  :bow: and  :clap: :clap: for your act of kindness. You are a credit to the ice fishing community and this website.
Vinny1892 welcome to Ice Shanty plenty of information and opinions on gear to be found among the pages of this website. Be sure to follow a thread started by Deal Ninja called Best Ice Fishing Deals can save yourself some money. Also check the for sale board  where members post items they are selling. Please up date your profile with your general location this helps others when answering your questions. Ice fishing equipment can be costly so take your time building up your gear collection  I would suggest going out with any friends who ice fish or try and meet other Ice Shanty members see what they use once you truly know ice fishing is for you build up the equipment selection.

Steve

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Aug 19, 2019, 07:46 PM »
Thanks Steve.  There is nothing more gratifying than giving, whether it’s a link to a deal or a gift, and the opportunity seemed right.  ;). Jordy1380 started the deals thread but many, many others have taken up the mantle as well, but you are wise in your advice to Vinny.  He can save a boatload of $$$ if he follows along and is patient acquiring his gear.

Vinny, when you locate the “Best Deals” thread, click the notify button at the top of the thread and you will get an email whenever there is a new post.

I do appreciate the kudos Steve.  Thanks again.

DN

Offline Vinny1892

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Aug 19, 2019, 07:51 PM »
I just searched it and am set up with the notification for it many thanks brothers and sisters!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #13 on: Aug 19, 2019, 07:58 PM »
My apology to Jordy1380 since a good number of posts to the best deals thread come from you thought it was your creation.  You are welcome on the kudos . I got into ice fishing via a family friend he had extra gear so after a few trips he said you seem to enjoy our trips here are five tipups and a couple rods been building the collection ever since.  Their are many of us who get into different activities drop a good sum of money on equipment/ gear then find out the activity is not really for us to pursue.

Vinny1892 another source of ice fishing gear is Craigslist and similar websites. Just my feelings but be careful buying used/old electronics and gas powered augers.

Steve

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #14 on: Aug 19, 2019, 10:05 PM »
I’m feeling generous tonight and you’ve made it to three posts which means you can PM (private message) me with your address and I’ll just send you the brand new one sitting right here.  How’s that?  ;) ;D

You’re very welcome and welcome again to the Ice Shanty!  A guy looking for an ice rod in mid August can’t be all bad, right guys!?   ;D

DN

PS.  Yes, I’m serious.  ;)  I enjoy doing nice things for people here and there.  Send me your address and I’ll get it in the mail to you by Wednesday at the latest.

Damn I better get to making and sending out my ice fishing plastics to people.....your starting early this season....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.