Author Topic: Proshop I.D.I. Pro Arctic Armor Suits update  (Read 21437 times)

FISHFORPIKE

Re: Proshop I.D.I. Pro Arctic Armor Suits update
« Reply #30 on: Nov 30, 2008, 05:23 AM »
Forgot to add that I am 6' - 240lbs. and the large is perfect (bibs and jacket).  I have room (wearing over a regular set of casual clothes) all the elastic gathers are "relaxed", not stretched out; this suit will give me room for whatever I want to wear under it.  By the looks and feel, it won't be much.  Those guys at fish307 had my size pegged when I walked in the door.
Hope this helps those that are wondering about size.  If you have any questions about this suit call those guys at fish307, they are a great outfit and will help you out.

Phil

Offline SALMON SLAYER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Nov 30, 2008, 06:11 AM »
got my I.D.I Artic Armor Suite the other day, it came within 4 days of ordering, I am 5' 10" and 245 lb I know I need to go on weight watchers, I am the one they send on the ice first, I ordered the XL bibs and coat, fits great and the suit is not bulky at all, can move around and kneel down with no problems, the knees have extra padding so when you are kneeling down reeling in the big one your knees are protected. so bring on the cold weather  ;D :tipup:

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
« Reply #32 on: Nov 30, 2008, 05:35 PM »
Yup not a problem, she can also send your username for the militia account upgrade thats comes with the patch.

-Scott

oh and can she order it through Ice shanty without being a member?  And can I get the patch???  ;)

thanks,

What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline jigholeeo

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #33 on: Dec 02, 2008, 12:04 PM »
I also just got a set of the Red IDI gear from FISH 307. (or should I say "Santa" got them for me) They feel and fit nice. Plus there is a huge weight difference between these and the Carhartt extream coveralls that I wore for the past 10 years, I think I just lost about 10 lbs  ;D. I received the gear and my "iceshanty" patch in only a few days. Hopefully I don't need to use the spare button snaps that come with it, but if you need to it's nice to have them.

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #34 on: Dec 02, 2008, 05:56 PM »
My parents came through and my Mom told me I got an early Christmas/Birthday present!!!

My Pro Plus Suit is on its way!  And the weather just turned real cold, I can't wait!

Offline Hunter5124

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 09, 2009, 09:37 AM »
I bought the green & black artic armor plus suit. It is warm and comfortably, but the quality is the worst I have every encountered in my 30 years of ice fishing.  The first day I put it on the right boot cuff strap came unattached.  The Third day the other fell off.  Then the cheap plastic zipper broke (for $300.00 plus dollars you would think it could be metal).  Then the crossover on the bib straps came unattached.  And I have now owned the suit for 1 month!!! >:(   And finally don't bother calling or emailing I.D.I. the manufacturer, they won't return your call or email.

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #36 on: Feb 09, 2009, 10:20 AM »
I bought the green & black artic armor plus suit. It is warm and comfortably, but the quality is the worst I have every encountered in my 30 years of ice fishing.  The first day I put it on the right boot cuff strap came unattached.  The Third day the other fell off.  Then the cheap plastic zipper broke (for $300.00 plus dollars you would think it could be metal).  Then the crossover on the bib straps came unattached.  And I have now owned the suit for 1 month!!! >:(   And finally don't bother calling or emailing I.D.I. the manufacturer, they won't return your call or email.

Sorry to hear you've had such a bad experience, sounds like you got the "Lemon" of a suit...   who did you order it through?  I got mine through fish307.com and they were great!  I had to return my jacket because it was too small, they didn't even charge me for expedited shipping back to me!!!

I have had the exact opposite experience.  I have worn my suit fishing, sledding, snowshoeing and when I clear my driveway so probably 30 times since I got it at Christmas and I haven't had any issues!!!

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #37 on: Feb 20, 2009, 07:52 AM »
So what happened did you get a replacement?Have you got a reply to your email?phone call? where did you get the suit? :tipup:
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Offline chezmoose

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Feb 20, 2009, 03:21 PM »

I got my  husband the Arctic Armour camo bibs for Christmas and he's had the same issues. And he's the type that takes such good care of his gear that it usually lasts forever. He has worn them a total of 6 times. After the 3rd or 4th time, the crossover on the suspenders came apart. Didn't seem like that big of deal so we just stitched it up. Then Saturday one of the boot straps came off. He said that water does soak through the knees also when he's kneeling on the ground checking tip-ups. Sure do look nice though...  :-\

Official Treasurer of the M.I.R.C.
                                    Membership dues payable now

Offline lobstamindave

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Nov 17, 2009, 02:14 PM »
I was just reading this old thread and would like to tell my expeience with arcti armor plus. I used the suit ice fishing with total satisfaction and comfort. I did have to reattach the velcro snow gaiter inside the leg. No biggy just sewed it back on.I'm a commecial fisherman who spends many sub freezing days on the north atlantic.The best pecentage of time I'm lobstering. WE usually wear guy cotton foul weather gear over warm layers.Kind of bulky and restrictive. One trip it was 5 degrees out . I got the idea to see if my ice fishing gear would keep me warm while lobstering. I figured it would get ripped to shreds on the sharp wire traps. I know this is going to sound like I'm getting paid by idi but im not.I wore idi all winter and every cold day this fall. I have not had it soak through or rip. It is  unbelievable how handy the padded knees are as we are alway pressing our knees into the gunwale to get leverage to haul in the gear. I mostly just wear the bibs. Thefabric shows no sign of wear. That stuff is made out of iron.When the price went to 110 in the spring, i bought two more pair . one for ice fishing and another for the boat.I still am wearing my original pair on the boat .I've had no problem with the zipper and plastic is imperitive in saltwater. I had suits in the past with brass and they quickly oxidize and jam.I've washed it maybe six times and it comes out like new. Hang dry good to go.Guy cotton X Trapper bibs 110$. For a little extra I D I is well worth it.Blocks the wind ,totally dry , warm, comfortable and stands up to salt water and abrasion resistant.
Family and honor

Offline billybass

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #40 on: Dec 09, 2009, 04:18 PM »
i think i'll have to check them out hunting bud has artic armor say ya cant wear to the stand he carrys it then puts it on works great! :tipup:           

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #41 on: Dec 09, 2009, 04:35 PM »
true statement  wore mine last year to wally world   was a big mistake!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline billybass

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #42 on: Dec 16, 2009, 04:01 PM »
is it true just 1 layer under and your warm all day

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #43 on: Jan 02, 2010, 04:04 AM »
I bought a suit last year and when it came in it was way to small. I think they are using child sizes... J/K,,, It was way to small and I waited to long to send it back. Now I'm stuck with a suit that is to small. I'm a big guy so I ordered a 3xl. They said it would fit. When I tried it on, everything fit good except there is no way I can zip it. More like an xl.
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #44 on: Jan 03, 2010, 07:03 PM »
is it true just 1 layer under and your warm all day

I wear insulated underwear (cheap cotton type), Jeans, my Militia Hoodie, and some heavy insulated socks.  That's it.  I was out in 3ºF this morning and stayed warm walking to and from the ice.  Set up my portable and the heater and the jacket has to come off. 

-Jeff

Offline two_fish_tommy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ICEFISHING IS LIFE!!!
Idi
« Reply #45 on: Jan 03, 2010, 07:24 PM »
Tried my bibs friday for the first time. I LOVE THEM 30 below and my legs never got cold. Makes me want the coat even more. Well worth evey dollar!

I DONT CARE I STILL BLEED PURPLE AND GOLD, SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #46 on: Jan 05, 2010, 09:20 AM »
I bought a suit last year and when it came in it was way to small. I think they are using child sizes... J/K,,, It was way to small and I waited to long to send it back. Now I'm stuck with a suit that is to small. I'm a big guy so I ordered a 3xl. They said it would fit. When I tried it on, everything fit good except there is no way I can zip it. More like an xl.
I gotta agree with you on the sizing man.  I got my suit last year and I originally ordered a Large coat and it was way way way to small so got the XL(I normally wear a Large Tall) and it fits o.k....  the arms are still a bit on the shorter side but it works.  I often over heat in the thing, so once the IceCube is up the coat comes off!!!  If it isn't real cold I don't even wear the pants, they work almost too well at keeping you warm!!!

Good Fishing :tipup:

Offline Maka

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Maximum Fish Extraction Please...
« Reply #47 on: Jan 24, 2010, 06:29 AM »
I bought the green & black artic armor plus suit. It is warm and comfortably, but the quality is the worst I have every encountered in my 30 years of ice fishing.  The first day I put it on the right boot cuff strap came unattached. 

Just got my green/black suit, same sorta deal happened to me.  Wore it crappie fishing first night I got it, loved the suit, comfortable and warm.  Next day I hit the ice with it on, had large amounts of ice build up on the boot straps all day long, I tried to keep cleaning them off as much as I could.  Later that day I looked down and the left boot strap had come off, even though I had been trying to take good care of them, quite a let down after the sort of anticipation and excitement that comes along with this sort of purchase.  No reply to my email thusfar either.  Online retailer I ordered through has been great to deal with, but he's sort of caught in the middle on this one...

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #48 on: Jan 24, 2010, 06:40 AM »
Just got my green/black suit, same sorta deal happened to me.  Wore it crappie fishing first night I got it, loved the suit, comfortable and warm.  Next day I hit the ice with it on, had large amounts of ice build up on the boot straps all day long, I tried to keep cleaning them off as much as I could.  Later that day I looked down and the left boot strap had come off, even though I had been trying to take good care of them, quite a let down after the sort of anticipation and excitement that comes along with this sort of purchase.  No reply to my email thusfar either.  Online retailer I ordered through has been great to deal with, but he's sort of caught in the middle on this one...
I have the same suit but have not had the boot strap(s) break, yet.  I am amazed that a suit with such high-tech materials uses a lousy cotton strap that "sucks" up the ice and snow.  Just waiting for mine to "give".
I have had nothing but good experiences with my suit and I really like it.  I think if all the "things" that folks would like to have "fixed" on this suit were built in, the suit would cost more than double what the current price is, JMO.  There are other "higher quality" suits out there and maybe next time I will have the money to buy one of "those".

Offline Chi

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Please Take Your Garbage Home
« Reply #49 on: Feb 04, 2010, 03:21 AM »
from what I can tell the difference between Arctic Armour and Arctic armour plus is the lining. without getting too technical i guess I'd just say the Plus is a little warmer?

as far as getting wet, it isn't gonna matter if you have a one piece suit or if your wrapped in saran wrap, the water is gonna come in fast if you are in it. the IDI suits will keep you afloat so you can try to get yourself to safety but hypothermia is the real killer in cold water submersion situations. there are other suits that offer protection against hypothermia Such as Mustang survival suits.
     I bought an Arctic armour plus parka at the Syracuse Ice fishing show, the plus was ten dollars more, the sales reps told me the only difference was the plus will feel warmer when first put on, but after having the other one on for a few minutes it was just as warm as the plus, BTW I'm very happy with the coat, but I do wish these manufactures would get smart and offer the bibs with a short length inseam, I would have bought the bibs also. Walls company is the only ones that sell a quality bib in Short length.

Offline Chi

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Please Take Your Garbage Home
« Reply #50 on: Feb 04, 2010, 03:26 AM »
would anybody be able to tell me the difference between the normal Arctic Armor suits and the Artic Armor Plus suit? thanks
its just a different liner, one is like a fleece the other is like a quilted nylon, I was told one is no warmer then the other except the non plus feels colder when first put on.  I have the Arctic armour plus and I'm very pleased with it.

Offline jay matthews

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Feb 10, 2010, 10:44 AM »
my only complaint would be that I seem to get cold spots where my kidneys are when i sit in my chair after set up. While dragging out and setting up I usually just wear the bibs so I don't sweat too much. Knees have stayed dry from Kneeling by the holes. Also, sometimes the zipper on the coat is hard to get started.

Offline 1CE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Feb 23, 2010, 07:53 PM »
Great suit!  Keeps you warm & dry.  And they claim it floats!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.