The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Last time out  (Read 1988 times)

Offline Huemorin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Last time out
« on: Mar 30, 2020, 10:14 AM »
Since this working remotely thing started, I had the ability to get to camp and isolate for a few days with the family.  The lake conditions were perfect and this being the 3rd time I have been up there this winter, Saturday was the busiest day I have seen on the lake this year.  Everyone had the same idea around social distancing.  Not all the ice was good ice but it was enough to bury the auger  My daughter is 7 and pulled her first salmon through the ice.  it was just about 20 inches and we ate it last night.  I posted it on Facebook but wasn't sure how to post here and didn't want to research it.  hahaha.  It was an awesome day out there.  She was really focused on the fishing right until it was dinner time and she had to take her snow gear off.  Between her and I (just 5 traps) we landed 9 salmon and probably 8 yellow perch.  We kept the one salmon for a meal and threw all the others back, but they were all keepers.  It was awesome having her so excited to fish.  Can't wait to get her out next year.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Last time out
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2020, 10:22 AM »

Posting is easy bottom left ,
Tap  Add image,  I use my phone , and just go from there
 Trust me if this ol buzzard can , should be a snap for you

Offline darby74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2020, 11:30 AM »
Good for you, I got my daughter out 4 times this year, and she absolutely loves fishing & hunting.  It's really sad how few kids hunt & fish nowadays.  In Junior High there was only 1 other kid in her class that hunted, and now in high school, no one in her class hunts, and a few of the boys fish.  Keep up the good work, and Rangeley should be open soon.  Does anyone know of open water forums similar to this one?  Tight lines!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2020, 03:28 PM »
Huemorin congrats on getting in a fishing trip during these trying times. Happy for your daughter to catch a salmon.
Darby74  Ice Shanty has a sister website for open water My Fish Finder. Given the higher number of open water and fish species specific websites activity is lower on MFF then here on I.S. . If you hunt there is My Hunting Forum.

www.myfishfinder.com

Steve

Offline darby74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2020, 04:32 PM »
Much appreciated Mr. Clean

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 2020, 09:04 PM »
Happy to be of some help to you. Sharing information is what Ice Shanty is all about have a good open water season.
 Steve

Offline Jim_C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I never met a fish I didn't like.
« Reply #6 on: Mar 31, 2020, 09:20 AM »
Great trip for your daughter and you!  Impressive for a 7 year old.  Memories that will last a lifetime @)

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Apr 02, 2020, 04:07 PM »
Since this working remotely thing started, I had the ability to get to camp and isolate for a few days with the family.  The lake conditions were perfect and this being the 3rd time I have been up there this winter, Saturday was the busiest day I have seen on the lake this year.  Everyone had the same idea around social distancing.  Not all the ice was good ice but it was enough to bury the auger  My daughter is 7 and pulled her first salmon through the ice.  it was just about 20 inches and we ate it last night.  I posted it on Facebook but wasn't sure how to post here and didn't want to research it.  hahaha.  It was an awesome day out there.  She was really focused on the fishing right until it was dinner time and she had to take her snow gear off.  Between her and I (just 5 traps) we landed 9 salmon and probably 8 yellow perch.  We kept the one salmon for a meal and threw all the others back, but they were all keepers.  It was awesome having her so excited to fish.  Can't wait to get her out next year.
took a sled ride up there sun. was beautiful out ! rode with a hat , sunglasses and jeans. nearly hit fifty. lake was nice and flat with just enough slush on top to keep the sides lubed. went from my buddies on mud all the way to eagle on the bunny trails. didn't even think to check to see if you were there. there was a lot of people out. more than I've ever seen for this time of year. can't blame them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.