The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Beating a dead horse perhaps...but why are FW&P managing Canyon Ferry  (Read 12180 times)

Offline Wenger

• Team IceShanty Regular
Wenger, I appreciate your thoughtful non-biased posts.

Can't claim to be unbiased, but I try hard to be reasonable. Thanks.

Offline Wenger

• Team IceShanty Regular
This is a total wild question and a bit off topic but is about CF and Missouri
Are paddlefish in upper part of the missouri river possible or maybe was before dams and such
Like if they were to plant Paddlefish in CF would survive and maybe run up stream like they do from Peck?
I was pondering this last year when Paddlefishing...

That is a very interesting thought. But as I understand it they were never common or existed above the Great Falls.  But I may be dead wrong on that.

Years ago we were fly fishing below Garrison Dam north of Bismarck at night catching a pile of walleye, burbot and salmon and I hooked a paddlefish presumably when the fly swept into it's mouth.  Quite the fight! I do know that several were seen running up the Bighorn to the afterbay dam a couple years ago with the high water.

Offline Cgasner1

• IceShanty Rookie
What is fwp trying to do in the Madison range?

Offline Wenger

• Team IceShanty Regular
madison River. Limit the number of guided trips.

Offline Cgasner1

• IceShanty Rookie
Wonder what the thinking there is seemed to me the guys with guys are way less of a problem than the free for all they let all the other people have at least they are usually on horses and farther in than most people go

Armageddonit

Wonder what the thinking there is seemed to me the guys with guys are way less of a problem than the free for all they let all the other people have at least they are usually on horses and farther in than most people go
Fair question. I haven’t seen many people casting off horses around there either.

Offline Wenger

• Team IceShanty Regular
Let’s not conflate Cisco’s in canyon ferry with broke back mountain guy on guy on a horse or however they ride off into the sunset over Wall Rock...;D. That is not about FWP policy!  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.