New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Chenango Lake Derby  (Read 957 times)

Offline gonephishin19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I CAN CATCH FISH IN A MUD PUDDLE
Chenango Lake Derby
« on: Feb 17, 2008, 10:25 AM »
Anyone else fish the Chenango Lake Derby? Man it was horrible.(The fishing I mean) My buddy and I got there at 2am and met up with crappieslayer.  We picked our spot and setup camp. Unfortunately our camp was just  about 40 yards away from the speaker that was blasting very loud country music all day along with a few mixed in oldies. My duddy caught one 14 1/4in bullhead but that was all for a 12 hour trip.... Do you guys think the extremely loud music had anything to do with the perch not hitting very well? As far as I know nobody was catching any. There were even a few 15 min blocks where none were caught. Oh well thats fishin I guess.

Gonephishin19

Offline kappydick

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Chenango Lake Derby
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2008, 10:58 AM »
Someone on the Chenango county thread said they caught over 30 perch that went 10-12 inches or better during the derby.  :-\  I myself have never seen nor heard of those kinds of numbers size or amount coming from there.

Offline jonesp

• IceShanty Rookie
  • " The schooling is about to begin,my friend."
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2008, 08:38 PM »
Kappy, the people who said they caught all those perch walked by on the lake. A friend of mine asked them how they did. They told us the same story, but none of us were convinced either. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. I didn't see any fish. As for my friends and I, we were there from 5:30 until 3:30. All together we caught 17 fish. Sizes were 6 to 12 inches and we had to cover the back half of the lake to get that.

Offline cliff

• IceShanty Rookie
  • state fair whacks another!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2008, 12:44 AM »
well said JonesPee, OH and Shawn thanks you for your contribution of fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.