New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Harris Bay Lake George  (Read 2575 times)

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
Harris Bay Lake George
« on: Feb 14, 2008, 09:58 AM »
Planning on going to Harris Bay on Monday Feb.18th. Can anyone give me info on the parking situation up there. Where to park?? Also can i catch perch in that area & how far out you gotta go to get them?? Thanks

Offline qbyfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Harris Bay Lake George
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2008, 03:31 PM »
check in the reports and conditions board plenty of info there...

Offline bigbear138

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NYSDEC needs a big change.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2008, 04:38 PM »
pARKING CONDITIONS ARNT THAT GREAT THERE.  i HAD TOO PARK ON 9L LAST WEEKEND JUST PAST ASSEMBLY POINT.  THE WALK IS ABOUT HALF MILE OR SO TOO GETY INTO SOME GOOD WATER, PLENTY OF ICE BUT GET THERE EARLY BEACUSE THERE HAS BEEN A TON OF FISHERMAN THERE.  I CAUGHT A 35" LAKER LAST WEEKEND THERE AND A FEW SMALLER LAKERS. GOOD LUCK
Stop complaining do something about it.

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2008, 09:45 AM »
Thanks bigbear. That is so depressing to hear. I guess ill have to leave my house at 4:30am to get there by 6am. Hope thats early enough.

Offline iceplank

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 15, 2008, 10:45 AM »
last weekend i got to 9L both sat and sun and i was the first car parked there. the weekend before there were already 20 cars /trucks there. I do not know if last week was an "off" thing but the fishermen may be  thinning out because of more options around the lake. A lot of guys were parking along assembly point road and blantantly and boldy tresspassing and laughing about it. It was definitely worth the extra walk to avoid possible confrontations or legal action
friends dont let friends fish dead holes.

Offline iceplank

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 15, 2008, 10:47 AM »
I should have mentioned the that i go there at 6 am. sorry about a wasted post.
friends dont let friends fish dead holes.

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 15, 2008, 05:48 PM »
last weekend i got to 9L both sat and sun and i was the first car parked there. the weekend before there were already 20 cars /trucks there. I do not know if last week was an "off" thing but the fishermen may be  thinning out because of more options around the lake. A lot of guys were parking along assembly point road and blantantly and boldy tresspassing and laughing about it. It was definitely worth the extra walk to avoid possible confrontations or legal action
Ya see its guys like that who ruin it for guys like us who respect the landowners property & rights. I dont know why those arrogant  ( u know whats ) think its a big joke to disrespect both the landowners and there so called fellow anglers. MAKES ME SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline redwolf

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Chill-in"
« Reply #7 on: Feb 18, 2008, 10:13 AM »
Aj 454,  you are right about respect but i knwo that assembly point associaion as I worked in harris bay for 15 years , they are the reason you can't park on assembly poit road, they hink they oen th lake, and harris bay yacth club lets you access by the chain and asks to keep it clean, but the assembly point acosiation asked the board of harris bay to post it. butr  they refused, and assembly point keeps turining them in for little things to get even, so I hope the ice takes out all the docks on assembly point this spring and if  it deosn't hopfully lake george ass. raise the dock/boathouse tax 300 percent! they want to controll the lake let them losers pay!!!  so show them nn respect, they would not give you the time of da!!!!!!!   

JJ

« Reply #8 on: Feb 18, 2008, 10:48 AM »
While nobody owns the lake itself, Assembly Point is 100% private property. If you do not have permission, you have absolutely no right to access Lake George from there. Landowners deserve RESPECT for land they own and pay taxes on. There is plenty of public access on LG. ;)

Offline redwolf

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Chill-in"
« Reply #9 on: Feb 18, 2008, 02:58 PM »
yes you should respect private property but they should respect local people too not just people from N.J. there is access down the road farther but they don't want anyone to access the lake but them!!!!, and they cried so much the road got no parking signs the whole length,, like I said I seen how these people acted for the last fifteen years and they want all to them selves, so let them pay high taxes for there secluded stolen property,, you won't get no feeling sorry from me, or any other native that they have made trouble for, they are rotten,, greedy, and other things :P

Offline adkbrookie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 18, 2008, 03:20 PM »
yes you should respect private property but they should respect local people too not just people from N.J. there is access down the road farther but they don't want anyone to access the lake but them!!!!, and they cried so much the road got no parking signs the whole length,, like I said I seen how these people acted for the last fifteen years and they want all to them selves, so let them pay high taxes for there secluded stolen property,, you won't get no feeling sorry from me, or any other native that they have made trouble for, they are rotten,, greedy, and other things :P

i agree with showing them respect but they have to give you respect too. the no parking signs all down the road is what i have a problem with, kind of like if you fish basin bay and don't want to park on the ice. we dug a parking spot though the snowbank (four or five ft. high) to get the truck farther off the road last year, trying to be nice and all and there was still a warning from the town cop or whoever on the windshield. wheels were only inches from being over the white line. in this case their intentions are plane,they just don't want us there. i can see them being pissed if they couldn't drive down the road but of the half dozen or more weekends i fished there last winter there were no cars truely in the way.
"If fishing is interfering with your business, give up your business."  - Sparse Grey Hackle

"I wait. Now the night flows back, the mighty stillness embraces and includes me; I can see the stars again and the world of starlight. I am twenty miles or more from the nearest fellow human, but instead of loneliness I feel loveliness. Loveliness and a quiet exultation." - Ed Abbey

Offline Wellsy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and Release...keep only what you need.
« Reply #11 on: Feb 18, 2008, 03:59 PM »
While nobody owns the lake itself, Assembly Point is 100% private property. If you do not have permission, you have absolutely no right to access Lake George from there. Landowners deserve RESPECT for land they own and pay taxes on. There is plenty of public access on LG. ;)

I agree with JJ on this one.
there are plenty of places to access the lake, some not too far from where you want to fish. I know there are places on LG I would love to park, but I can't and if the lake doesn't freeze up real good I can't travel to them on a machine. That's life!
And as far as being local goes.....well it is the same story on a lot more places than lake George.

Offline Jack Magnum

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #12 on: Feb 18, 2008, 06:21 PM »
JJ, What you say  about Lake george landowners also holds true on other area lakes but some of these guys think they can cross anybodys property just because they have a fishing license. I just finished picking up somebodys garbage out on a lake today and where they parked {No Parking signs} had stewarts coffee cups lying around. >:(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.