New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: times up  (Read 1826 times)

Offline bucketbass

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • rippin lips
times up
« on: Feb 12, 2008, 05:21 AM »
anyone else ask friends to go on the ice with them??
the type of friends that talk and talk and talk about going out with ya
thing that bugs me the most is this morning i was invited to go fishing to my spot
"ya ill meet ya around 530-600am,cant wait, ill call ya in the am let ya know im on my way"
sounds good, ILL BE WAITING
my question is just how long do ya wait???
i dont have patience for this type of thing,waiting for someone to go join me and then in a few hours they want to leave
NEVER I REPEAT NEVER WILL I ASK A FLATLANDER AGAIN  >:(
this is the third time this year, cant i find some friends that stick by there word :D
fishing is what i like to do, known a time to meet up im hardly late for such a thing
ill be on the lake for now on meet me if you dare until then ill pack my OWN lunch
bring my OWN rod and then these people will get my point
what a bunch of lazy a$$ stiffs
why isnt it just as simple to say im not going ,then it is to say ya ya in the morning i ll be there
boy this site even lets you vent in the morning i love this place :roflmao:

Offline kappydick

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: times up
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2008, 06:01 AM »
anyone else ask friends to go on the ice with them??
the type of friends that talk and talk and talk about going out with ya
thing that bugs me the most is this morning i was invited to go fishing to my spot
"ya ill meet ya around 530-600am,cant wait, ill call ya in the am let ya know im on my way"
sounds good, ILL BE WAITING
my question is just how long do ya wait???
i dont have patience for this type of thing,waiting for someone to go join me and then in a few hours they want to leave
NEVER I REPEAT NEVER WILL I ASK A FLATLANDER AGAIN  >:(
this is the third time this year, cant i find some friends that stick by there word :D
fishing is what i like to do, known a time to meet up im hardly late for such a thing
ill be on the lake for now on meet me if you dare until then ill pack my OWN lunch
bring my OWN rod and then these people will get my point
what a bunch of lazy a$$ stiffs
why isnt it just as simple to say im not going ,then it is to say ya ya in the morning i ll be there
boy this site even lets you vent in the morning i love this place :roflmao:

I feel your pain man  :%$#!:

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2008, 07:53 AM »
had that happen to me a few times this year as well. sucks, throws the whole day off b/c you want to get there before anyone else or even the sunrise.

steve

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2008, 09:23 AM »
I've lived that one too. I still ask friends to come out but I'll tell them what time I'll be there and for them to look for me on the lake. Then I'll give them some sort of idea where I'll be. They will usually call my cell phone once they get there and they are normally late!   ::)
But at least it don't bog me down ...

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

FrankM

« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2008, 11:40 AM »
It's one thing to be late or miss work but there is NO excuse for being late for hunting or fishing.

Offline 1colddude

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2008, 12:36 PM »
It's one thing to be late or miss work but there is NO excuse for being late for hunting or fishing.
Yeah, that's how I made all my money.

Offline snelly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my new shanty
« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2008, 02:22 PM »
If they say their going to be there a certain time and don't show or I  don't hear from them I won't call. I'll just go without them. happened once this year. I still go fishing but I don't even bring up the subject with that person. If they bring it up. I really don't make definite plans I just say maybe we"ll see you there. And leave it at that.

Offline Simmy04548

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 12, 2008, 02:28 PM »
Leave their sorry butts, whereever they are. You don't make plans and then not follow thru, a person is as good as their word. If something did come up they should have at least called. Leave without them and dont worry about it!
In the land of the blind. The one  eyed man is KING 

Offline PACKMAN241982

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • IF THE BEERS SLUSHY GET A STRAW! FLATLANDER
« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2008, 02:45 PM »
Thats why i usually go by myself.
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT!!

Offline powdiddy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • what is it ? its fighting like a submarine
« Reply #9 on: Feb 12, 2008, 04:37 PM »
well i invite them when i know they will be there then i go somewhere else next time.that or i take off on my sled and make them walk out lol they get the point.

Offline fishit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 12, 2008, 07:47 PM »
I agree with all of it..... I just stop asking....people who know me know I fish all the time... don't hunt only fish.... Want to go see me on the water...Diddy I'll be walking out of Const.thursday 7 am if you get stuck for someone to fish with.....

Fish.it
.. Go away or I shall taunt you a second time...

Offline snot rocket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Feb 12, 2008, 07:55 PM »
need to network here on IS. guarantee you wont have any similar issues with the guys from here. guys i fish with are die hard and would never leave you hangin'.

Snot Rocket
I’VE BEEN TO BOTH POLES…HAVE YOU?

Offline bucketbass

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • rippin lips
« Reply #12 on: Feb 12, 2008, 08:05 PM »
came to a conclusion today I WILL BE FISHING
CALL MY CELL IF YA WANT TO MEET UP
PERCHEYES420 were ya at needing someone who wants to find these striped guys

Offline ValleyStocker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Trout through the ice... now that's nice !!
« Reply #13 on: Feb 12, 2008, 08:14 PM »
SnotRocket, I can second that. This past sunday I coordinated with Sapphireblue99 here on the site and we hooked up at a derby in Pa. He was there early, as was I, met for the first time, and fished the derby as a team. We won to boot! :laugh:. I wouldn't hesitate 1 minute to plan with him again. It was nice to hook up with another dedicated IceShanty member.

Offline PACKMAN241982

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • IF THE BEERS SLUSHY GET A STRAW! FLATLANDER
« Reply #14 on: Feb 12, 2008, 08:28 PM »
I have fished with a few IS members. They have never been late on me. Its great to know that if you want to fish with someone that you can always find someone on here that is dedicated and wants to go with ya not matter what the conditions are like.
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT!!

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #15 on: Feb 12, 2008, 08:32 PM »
I don't wait.  If you are not there when I told you to be there, I'm leavin' with out you.  I hate people that are late.  I had a guy that used to fish with me that was constantly late.  He got the clue when I was gone when he arrived. 

Offline icepike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 13, 2008, 11:52 AM »
 There are "fisherman" and then there are us "Shanty Fisherman" The diehards who need and must be on the water early and stay late. I have tried to get approx. 6 friends involved into ice fishing after they had showed some interest. After my directive to be at my house by 4:30am to be on the ice by 6am, most bowed out or came for one or two hours and left. I have two friends who are new to the sport and love it and they will, and have stuck out those slow days with me when no one else will.
 Now, anytime those "interested" friends ask when I'll be going out again, I say call me at 4:30am on a Sat. or Sun. and find out!

Offline Spikehorn11

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Feb 14, 2008, 09:52 AM »
Thats why i usually go by myself.

Yup. I have one buddy who has been going with me a few times. Most the time I can't really set a schedule with myself because of work. I don't want to let people down so I don't promise or ask many people to go with me.

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Feb 14, 2008, 10:05 AM »
Can't stand waiting around for people. It is the most annoying thing ever. My brother was spose to go out with me last weekend and sure enough when I went to wake him up he told me to give him a few more minutes. I told him to get up now or im leaving him. Gave him 5 mins then I packed up my stuff and left his @ss. Screw waiting around for people...
It'll eat.

Offline bucketbass

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • rippin lips
« Reply #19 on: Feb 14, 2008, 10:45 AM »
I fish with the guy I spent 12 years in a cell with because the shanty reminds us of the inside. We start early in the morning and fish past dark everytime we go.
boy and all of use injoy just being outside and free :laugh:
sorry to laugh but thats the craziest reason  to ice fish ive ever come heard :roflmao:

Offline jmdigello

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Feb 14, 2008, 10:59 AM »
i usually have good luck meeting up with 1 or 2 frishing partners, but if there is a group we just meet on the ice other wise we would wait till noon!  another thing though if you aren't prepared to fish most of the day or if you have things to do later in the day then drive seperate vehicles.

Offline Fishing Phreak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Feb 14, 2008, 11:09 AM »
haha

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.