New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ASP Lakes  (Read 1230 times)

Offline windburn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • take your kids fishin'
ASP Lakes
« on: Jan 24, 2008, 02:48 PM »
We're gonna be down to the park for a few days and I'm wondering if I should pack my ice gear. Anyone been down to Quaker and Red House lakes lately? We were on Red house last year and I didn't much care for the funky ice then, hoping it's better this time around. 

Offline Big-Dink

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: ASP Lakes
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2008, 04:46 PM »
I was there a few weeks ago, but big winds and warm temps got rid of all the ice.  Don't know if the colder temps froze the lakes over yet.  Good luck

Offline pikemaster0607

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • when in doubt go ice fishing
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2008, 05:12 PM »
i heard quaker was completley frozen no reports tho...wouldnt hurt to take a spud with you to test it im sure its fine just not to many people get the chance to be the 1st ones out there...like myself i live 2 1/2 hours away. i cant afford to go all the way down there for the dissapointment...but if you do go please report i would like to get down there in the next couple weeks
ice fishing for life

Offline howesfc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "Eirinn go Brach"
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:37 PM »
Thank's

I was a Soldier I am a Soldier I will always be a Soldier

Offline MILLERMANKT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2008, 10:05 PM »
I'm going down there in 3 weeks camping for the weekend. Can someone give me some advice on the ice fishing there. I'd like to bring my stuff down, but don't know much about the lakes. I've heard pike in Redhouse ? ..Are there any trout left over in the lakes or panfish ? Thanx to all that have Info. :D

Offline Luffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag up!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2008, 10:28 AM »
Haven't fished there much; probably other guys more knowledgable, but I've caught pike in Quaker...  also panfish and trout in both lakes    Not sure about pike in RedHouse     I haven't been there in a few years, but I'm sure someone else will pop up here with a more current report

Offline gibsgonefishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2008, 10:31 AM »
went to redhouse today,9:am  2&1/2" clear ice, slush on top,I'm still scared. heard ice grows 1/2" per night,hope it's true

Offline gibsgonefishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 27, 2008, 03:35 PM »
made it to Quaker lake yesterday,half dozen people were fishing,checked ice 2&1/2''clear ice,I'll wait another week

Offline windburn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • take your kids fishin'
« Reply #8 on: Jan 27, 2008, 05:32 PM »
Well, my son and son-in-law checked out to 35yards out of the boatlaunch to the left of the dam yesterday on Redhouse 1/26/08, and made a quick retreat after the spud bar blew through. Needless to say we spent time on the ski trails instead of the iffy ice. Does Redhouse ever have good ice?

Offline 30below

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 28, 2008, 08:56 AM »
Have't fished Red House this year yet. Fished Quaker yesterday, did OK were busy checking flags. Caught 4 keeper pike. Great day to be on the ice. There are areas of scary ice(thin & slushy)upto about 4" good ice. I hear of people putting pike in Red House, don't know for sure.

30below

Offline gibsgonefishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 04, 2008, 06:30 PM »
fished red house with buddy bob smells  yesterday 2/3/07 4"of  ice, bite was very slow,lake water was cloudy from last weeks rain caught 4 bass on tip- :ups,couple small gills, cut alot a holes looking

Offline MILLERMANKT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Feb 14, 2008, 08:16 AM »
Has anyone been fishing in the park at all ?? Going down for the weekend and was just looking for some info. on fishing there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.