New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: FUNDRAISER  (Read 1260 times)

Offline WALLCAT

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
FUNDRAISER
« on: Jan 23, 2009, 07:51 AM »
I wanted to give a heads up . There will be a contest saturday january 31st to benefit a 4yr old girl that was diagnosed with leukemia on christmas eve. The contest will be  at LONG POND in the town of highlands. It is on rt 293. All proceeds will go directly to the Farina family. Cost is  $10.00 for adults and $ 5.00 for children. There will be prizes donated by many local buisness's.If you have any questions contact John or Vicki Benntt at 845-859-4939. thanks for looking.

Offline WALLCAT

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: FUNDRAISER
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2009, 09:32 AM »
I'm sorry,  the last name of the contact is Bennett. And the town of highlands is in Orange county.

Offline iceslammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2009, 03:58 PM »
hey wallcat if you guys need any help setting up that day i would be glad to help
 two of my sisters live there and know this family well just let me know
                                                                            Vinny

Offline WALLCAT

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2009, 04:05 PM »
I WILL PASS THAT ON TO JOHN, I'M SURE HE CAN USE ALL THE HELP HE CAN GET. THANKS.

Offline fishon10

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2009, 08:15 AM »
just bumping this thread.  Any support for this cause would be great.

Offline fishon10

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2009, 11:28 AM »
bump

Offline WALLCAT

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2009, 01:30 PM »
IS ANYONE GOING TO THIS? WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE AN IDEA OF HOW MANY PEOPLE MAY SHOW UP. THANKS.

Offline fishon10

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2009, 11:03 AM »
I'm going!!!

Offline TheThinIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bowhunter first, everything else second.
« Reply #8 on: Jan 28, 2009, 01:49 PM »
Is this in Highland? or Highlands?  If Highland I'm in... What kind of fish can I expect?  Great cause!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #9 on: Jan 28, 2009, 02:42 PM »
The Thin Ice,
    Long Pond is located off of route 293 in the Town of Highlands. Near U.S.M.A./West Point,NY. . You Can get to route 293 by using Route 9w (exit at first exit for West Point make a left at end of ramp.) I believe Long Pond will be on the left side of route 293. You can also use routes 32 to RT.17 then take route 6 east ,look for route 293 exit from RT.6 in this case Long Pond will be on your right.
   If you or any one else has questions call the phone number listed in WallCat's first post. Have a great time unfortunately I work most weekends and with this short notice can not get Saturday off.
   WallCat is there an address I or others interested could send a check/money order to help this family.

Steve

Offline TheThinIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 28, 2009, 03:28 PM »
Mr.Clean, Great! Thanks so much... Do you know the type of fish that are in there? 

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11 on: Jan 28, 2009, 03:55 PM »
Thin Ice ,
  You are welcome, I have never fished Long Pond but assume it is similar to other lakes in the Hudson valley. (Yellow Perch, Chain Pickerel, Crappie, Blue Gill, Sunfish )

Steve

Offline fishon10

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 29, 2009, 09:47 AM »
Yes, Steve is correct about the species of fish, but there is also an occasional Northern caught out of there every now and then, in fact I think someone caught on a few weeks ago. Crappies are also present.  Good luck.

Offline TheThinIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 29, 2009, 11:08 AM »
Thanks guys... I may be solo except for my pup.  Any idea as to the number expected to show up?   Be nice to get a northern.  Are their categories based on lenght of fish to win prizes or is it just random based on turnout?  Either way, great cause!

Offline WALLCAT

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #14 on: Jan 29, 2009, 11:13 AM »
THERE WILL BE AT LEAST 2 PRIZES FOR  ADULTS AND 2 FOR CHILDREN. I BELIEVE IT WILL BE FOR PICKEREL AND PERCH AND WILL BE FOR LONGEST FISH, IN THE EVENT OF A TIE IT WILL GO TO THE HEAVIEST. I WILL GET A # FOR YOU TO SEND A DONATION, ALSO AN ADDRESS. THANKS A LOT, IT WILL REALLY HELP THEM.

Offline WALLCAT

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #15 on: Jan 29, 2009, 11:22 AM »
MR. CLEAN I SENT YOU A P.M. THANKS AGAIN.

Offline WALLCAT

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #16 on: Jan 30, 2009, 07:11 AM »

MR CLEAN, HERE IS ANOTHER LINK THAT IS SET UP FOR SOPHIA. MY WIFE WAS TOLD THAT IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A DONATION IT SHOULD BE MADE OUT TO HSBC BANK ,HIGHLAND FALLS BRANCH IN CARE OF SOPHIA FARINA. I HOPE THIS HELPS

http://www.thvac.org/dnn//Portals/0/good%20(2).jpg

Little Sophia is the 3 year old daughter of one of our members Rocky Farina.  Sophia was diagosed with Leukemia this past Christmas.  We are all praying for Sophia.  There is another need.  The financial burden that the Farina family will face in the next 2 years will be enormous.  The Ambulance Corps is fundraising.  We are selling socks.  They are 1/4 and 2" shorty socks with the logo "SOCK OUT LEUKEMIA"  woven around the band along with an orange ribbon.  The socks come 3 pair to a pack and a pack of socks cost 10.00.  All proceeds will go to the Farina family.  We encourage everyone to buy a pack of socks and "Fight for Phia".  For more information on ordering socks contact Marty Byrnes at [email protected]

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17 on: Jan 30, 2009, 09:30 AM »
Thank you Wallcat, I hope you get a good turn out tomorrow.
 Steve

Offline TheThinIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Jan 30, 2009, 01:48 PM »
Bump...

Offline TheThinIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Jan 30, 2009, 01:50 PM »
What time should we be showing up Wallcat?  And are donations made at the fundraiser tourney or sent seperate?

Offline WALLCAT

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #20 on: Feb 01, 2009, 07:46 AM »
I would like to thank everyone that came to the contest or donated. there was a little over $3000.00 raised for little Sophia. She was able to show up and give a big wave of thanks but couldn't stay long due to her condition. Thanks again.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.