The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Burt lake  (Read 1901 times)

Offline G-TOWNBOWSLAYER

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Just a couple wigglers will do it!
Burt lake
« on: Jan 05, 2010, 04:27 PM »
Anyone know the ice conditions on burt lake?

Offline David G

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Burt lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2010, 06:03 PM »
Anyone know the ice conditions on burt lake?
Fished is yesterday, 10" on the north end.  3 perch is all.

Offline Quagmire

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2010, 10:18 PM »
giggity! anyone know the conditions on maple bay?  :tipup:

Offline Crooked Dave

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2010, 10:36 AM »
Just got back from a morning fish.  11" of clear black ice, and lots of vehicle travel.  Have seen some pickups out on the ice, but I would advise against that.  Last two trips have been to a new location on the East side of the lake, producing a few small walleye and a few nice jumbo perch (10"+).  Spots seems to be decent for #'s of fish, but I think I am looking for greener pastures (bigger fish) next time out.  Tight Lines

Offline Quagmire

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2010, 08:28 PM »
Just got back from a morning fish.  11" of clear black ice, and lots of vehicle travel.  Have seen some pickups out on the ice, but I would advise against that.  Last two trips have been to a new location on the East side of the lake, producing a few small walleye and a few nice jumbo perch (10"+).  Spots seems to be decent for #'s of fish, but I think I am looking for greener pastures (bigger fish) next time out.  Tight Lines
thanks Dave! i stopped by to look it over today and noticed the shanties where moving elsewhere from maple bay.

Offline Crooked Dave

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2010, 07:30 PM »
Fished again the evening of the 14th, off of Colonial Point.  I only had 7" of ice at best, and very little action.  Caught one 14' walleye early, and really never marked anything of any significance after that.  Don't think I'll be back to that area anytime soon, as I have given it three times now over the last two years and has never really produced.  Tight Lines

Offline Quagmire

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2010, 06:32 PM »
Fished again the evening of the 14th, off of Colonial Point.  I only had 7" of ice at best, and very little action.  Caught one 14' walleye early, and really never marked anything of any significance after that.  Don't think I'll be back to that area anytime soon, as I have given it three times now over the last two years and has never really produced.  Tight Lines
thanks for the info! i have been fishing paradise lake for three days nothing more than a few small pike and perch,thinking of going to brevort to try for walleye next week.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.