Author Topic: NEED Info on good places that do guide services for hunting and fishin in alsaka  (Read 1365 times)

Offline red_eyes

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FLAGG!!!!!!!
Im 16 and sophmore in high school, next year, my junior summer vaca, Im goin to Alaska as an early graduation present, this will be my first time up there and cant wait, actually its my dream to move there when Im older.Im from MA, well anyways, Im looking to do alot of fishing there and possibly some hunting, everwhere  Ive looked online, the guide services for hunting are quite expensive, and was wondering if any of you guys could point me in the right direction, for a good guide, not so costly, and good fishing grounds, and cabins to stay in. I dont really want to stay in a hotel, because I like the wildlife so much, and want to be a part of it, I read in the Outdoor life magazine, about Alaska on the Cheap, and they have cabins you can rent out, but dont have info on contacting anyone about them. Any help is much appreciated, and I cant wait to go.
Pain is temporary, trophies last forever

Offline KP_Alaska

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • George Lake February '09
Red Eyes,
You didn't say what month you would be coming up, but being as you are still in school my guess would be during summer vacation. There is plenty of good fishing during the summer months, at most areas that you can access from the road system you will have loads of company. I'm not a hunter, but I believe that most hunting seasons are closed until mid-August or September. I've attached some links for Fish & Game and Parks & Recreation where you can find info on licenses and public use cabins. Hope they help.

http://www.adfg.state.ak.us/

http://www.dnr.state.ak.us/parks/

Offline alaskanman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice fishing rules!
hey red_eyes, when are you coming to ak?  which part of the state will you be visiting?  there's plenty of day guides in the anchorage area but if you are coming to the southwest part of alaska check out my website. www.alaskancampfire.co m  the lodges typically charge $1,000 a day for their clients to fish around here, the fishing is fantastic june-august and the middle of september here.  in june its not uncommon to catch 175 to 200 dolly varden/arctic char trout in one day or july and august to catch 20 to 30 good sized salmon or grayling, pike and rainbows.  the early caribou season starts august 1st and the moose season starts september 5 for nonresidents.

Offline red_eyes

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FLAGG!!!!!!!
Ill be coming around july - august,I would like to get some hunting in, but if I cant, Id be happy enough with whatever else there is to offer, Alaska is such a beautiful state, awesome wildlife, and scenery, cant wait to  go. We'll be flying in to Anchorage, and I'm not sure where were going from there, Ive heard you should plan/reserve ahead, like within 1yr from when Ill be goin, so Ive been doing alot of research.I would just like some info from the locals, Thanks for these replys
Pain is temporary, trophies last forever

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.