The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Nils top handle  (Read 1000 times)

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
Nils top handle
« on: Aug 24, 2015, 09:13 PM »
Can anyone post a pic of the top handle of their Nils hand auger? I bought one from someone on craigslist today for $20!!! The top handle was split down the middle and I'm sure it had rings or something. They had no idea what they had!

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Nils top handle
« Reply #1 on: Aug 25, 2015, 02:43 PM »
will try to in a bit cause I am going fishing it maybe a few days before I get them up here  I got to dig them out to..i got two different handle types one junk one good...

by the way for sure did not know what they had for sale....

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Aug 25, 2015, 02:58 PM »
the one in the left of the photo is complete junk if you can make one out of wood or some thing similar you would be better off with it the one on the right is on all new nills augers enjoy the pictures..

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
« Reply #3 on: Aug 25, 2015, 04:49 PM »
Thank you! I spoke with Nils today and they'll ship me the top and bottom rings for the top handle for the price of shipping $4.95, I might try to find something laying around first though that might be a little more permanent.

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Aug 25, 2015, 10:38 PM »
 :o Was that the one listed in Mitchelville....... I saw it and figured there was NO way it was actually a NILS....

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
« Reply #5 on: Aug 26, 2015, 11:39 AM »
That it was! I snatched it up, she actually no showed the first day, but I kept on her and got her to meet the next day!

Offline Reel trouble

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Aug 31, 2015, 02:31 PM »
 the left is what i have and you can just get some heavy duty o rings I picked a couple up at the hardware store for a buck

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #7 on: Sep 02, 2015, 06:37 PM »
Man I got an 8in nils from cabelas on clerance with $25 off and free shipping last winter. Paid like $85 new for it....couldnt pass that up. It came with the handle type you show on the right side. Sucks to hear that the handle style I got sucks. However I put the nils on a clam plate with a milwaukee brushless fuel drill.......that thing is the smoothest cutting setup I have ever ran. I think a lazer auger might be a touch faster, but I would take the nils every time over the lazer since it doesnt catch when you break through on the bottom of the ice. That lazer set up can really jaw jack you around when it catches the bottom.

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Sep 02, 2015, 06:47 PM »
sorry I wrote the post words back words to the picture I fixed the words in the original post.. was not looking at the picture and forgot which was which  any ways sorry...

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #9 on: Sep 02, 2015, 10:44 PM »
sorry I wrote the post words back words to the picture I fixed the words in the original post.. was not looking at the picture and forgot which was which  any ways sorry...

cool....guess I got the better handle then 😎

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Sep 02, 2015, 11:33 PM »
cool....guess I got the better handle then 😎

yep they improved it so you can ad a tad downward pressure which is not needed...  the other handle falls apart with down ward pressure which is really a pain in the butt .. this is mainly noticeable when the blade stats to dull out I ended out folding my grip trying to drive it threw the ice... folded in a way it is not the same permanently it made of soft rubber... were the newer grips are hard plastic which are made much better then the older ones ...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.