The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Help!! walls are closing in on me, any safe ice on central Wisconsin waters??  (Read 1612 times)

Offline bobfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
I am new back to ice fishing, getting old and new gear ready, watching the weather.  Is anybody fishing the Big Eau Pleine, or Dexterville, or Petenwell??  How about small lakes??  I will be ready New Years weekend, four days off, any smaller lakes to fish for panfish or anything else that are safe??  Help, the walls are closing in on me??

Offline duke31

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "gone fishin"
Hey bobfisher---Same walls are closing in here,(Western New York State) as there. not even a hint of ice to walk on. Last year at this exact time, we were on a good 6 to 8 in. of ice, on our smaller inland lakes. Looks to me , if we don't get any cold weather, it's gonna be a short ice fishin season.  :'(
aka FishingPolski

PIKEGUY

We have safe ice in West Central WI around Pepin

Offline CrappieGuy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 715-379-2376

Plenty of ice in the Eau Claire area, we did not get the 5-6" of real wet snow that the Wausau area got last week so ice is good but travel is slick.  Saw a truck out on Altoona lake yesterday.  Some people have no brains, 7" of ice and he was driving in an area with current.  Lots of 4 wheelers out on the ice.

Offline Radiowave

• IceShanty Rookie
I am new back to ice fishing, getting old and new gear ready, watching the weather.  Is anybody fishing the Big Eau Pleine, or Dexterville, or Petenwell??  How about small lakes??  I will be ready New Years weekend, four days off, any smaller lakes to fish for panfish or anything else that are safe??  Help, the walls are closing in on me??

As of 12/27/2006 - 12" of ice on Tainter Lake located in Dunn County.

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
It's a mess here! ICE & OPEN WATER!!  >:(

Offline Muskie Nut

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lake Wausau, Eau Claire Res., Lake DuBay are all fishable.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline RLS

• IceShanty Rookie
If pan fish are what you are after Chelsea lake north of Medford has lots of blugills.  You'll have to pick throught the small ones but there are lots to be had.

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
Open Water!! All the ice is on the Shore!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.