The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Mad River Glen Area  (Read 1443 times)

Offline steelchaser

• IceShanty Rookie
Mad River Glen Area
« on: Jan 08, 2008, 02:03 PM »
I'll be in Mad River Glen area at the end of February. Could anyone point me in the right direction to put togather a catch of Crappie, perch, walleye and bluegills? I'll take any lake that has good numbers of any of them. It doesn't need to have all the species. The closest lakeI've seen so far is Shelburne or Irouquois. Are they any good? Thanks in advance for any help...

Offline steelchaser

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Mad River Glen Area
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2008, 02:11 PM »
How about Hallock Lake?

Offline Leafmountain10

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2008, 02:34 PM »
I would check in when it's closer to the date you are coming as I've found the fishing can really change later in the season.  Champlain has everything but if you don't know where they are biting then it can be pretty discouraging to say the least.  Do you mind driving a bit or do you need to stay within 30 miles or so of the valley?  We have some lakes that can have some good late bites.

Offline fishandbeer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2008, 02:39 PM »
They are close, but I would look at the Champlain Islands first. It is a little farther, but it is highway all the way. With the new bait regs you might have issues finding bait around the shelburne- hinesburg area. If you do fish Iriquios watch out for wormy perch and gills. Caught a mess of nice perch there last year, and over half had worms in them.

Offline steelchaser

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2008, 04:02 PM »
Thanks guys.. How much farther is Champlain? I googled it and it doesn't look much farther. I am a little worried about trying to find fish in a small ocean. I think I may have a hard enough time on a smaller lake that I am unfamiliar with like the other two mentioned. I do have a great Marcum Flasher but still wouldn't even know where to start.

Offline fish rascal

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2008, 06:34 PM »
waterbury res is alright, but you should just point it to champlain exit 16 off 89 mallets bay.
Cast and Blast!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.