The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Cape Report  (Read 752 times)

Offline BobP

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Cape Report
« on: Mar 03, 2015, 03:43 PM »
I have been accessing different areas of Wequaquet base on parking or how much snow I have to deal with either getting on or over the ice.  Parking seems to be getting less of a problem.  Today I fished a small cove with shallower water and was rewarded with pickerel all on the small size.   Despite the temp being about 20, you can really feel the strength coming back to full sun shine.  That changed when the wind came up and clouds for the next storm rolled in.

Offline teamtip-up

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Cape Report
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2015, 04:18 PM »
Thanks bob

Offline iceking87

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2015, 04:49 PM »
Thanks for the report, access in the mid cape area seems to be getting easier as well, they plowed a few lots this week.
Tips up

Offline Beebs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2015, 05:16 PM »
Thanks for your report Bob. We almost fished it Saturday but decided to try another lake down your way. Access was great where we went. Only 3" of snow on the lake, easy walking for a change, and 10-12" of ice. We caught about 30 perch between the 3 of us. No rainbows or smallies to be found ! We'll head back that way this weekend. Up North and in NH is still crazy deep. Cant use the ATV, maybe later in the month once it settles down.

Offline Knot there yet

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Sub Zero Mafia Ice Team
« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2015, 10:56 PM »
Ashumet (Falmouth)has one layer 12-14 "ramp has been plowed plenty of parking.A lot of fat perch one rainbow Saturday

Offline ALMA0930

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 04, 2015, 05:55 AM »
I have been accessing different areas of Wequaquet base on parking or how much snow I have to deal with either getting on or over the ice.  Parking seems to be getting less of a problem.  Today I fished a small cove with shallower water and was rewarded with pickerel all on the small size.   Despite the temp being about 20, you can really feel the strength coming back to full sun shine.  That changed when the wind came up and clouds for the next storm rolled in.
     thanks bob,,,,i may try to again to join you next wed. if the weather holds.      i'm still waiting for pics...

Offline Hookemup

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 04, 2015, 07:28 AM »
Cape ice should start seriously disintergrating from this point on! We need some open water somewhere! ;D

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 04, 2015, 07:57 AM »
I plan on fishing out on the cape on Monday and possibly sunday afternoon.  The only bait shop I know of is Goose and have heard they are pricey and not the friendliest.  Should I just bring my bait with me or does anyone have any other suggestions for bait shops in the area?  I will be fishing somewhere between yarmouth and brewster.
westernmas on the finder

Offline iceking87

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 04, 2015, 08:32 AM »
Riverveiw. On 28, south yarmouth
Tips up

Offline iceking87

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Mar 04, 2015, 08:36 AM »
Cape ice should start seriously disintergrating from this point on! We need some open water somewhere! ;D

I wouldn't get your hopes up, below freezing every night for the foreseeable forcast
Tips up

Offline BobP

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #10 on: Mar 04, 2015, 08:46 AM »
Depending on which way I am traveling, I get bait from Riverview in Yarmouth or Falmouth bait and tackle.
Typically I take the wife up north into  ski country second week of March,  and for a change I fully expect to get more ice fishing in on the cape when I return.

Offline Pike Guy Matt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Mar 04, 2015, 08:56 AM »
Nice report, keep putting in the time there and you will eventually be rewarded with a giant  :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.