Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: ICE REPORT ON CLEAR LAKE 2005  (Read 5459 times)

Offline original_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm out of beer... I'm out of beer...
Re: ICE REPORT ON CLEAR LAKE 2005
« Reply #30 on: Feb 03, 2006, 07:48 AM »
Britlab, well I drove by Clear Lake on Wednesday and it is way open around city park but over by the Ventura side there was still ice.  I didn't go out on it so I do not know the thickness of it though.  I was talking with a guy and was thinking that over by the island might still have ice there.  Over by the island has been a good area to fish anyways, so if there is still ice there that would be worth trying out there.  I work in Clear Lake so maybe at lunch time I will go take a drive around the lake to check things out.  I will post again after lunch and let you know what I see.

Offline original_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm out of beer... I'm out of beer...
Re: ICE REPORT ON CLEAR LAKE 2005
« Reply #31 on: Feb 03, 2006, 01:02 PM »
I drove by the south side of the lake over by the island and there was ice there and could see tracks from where ice shanties were pulled out there.  However downtown by city park it is open as can be but that is due to the aerators.  So if you try the lake over the weekend you might want to try around the island, just be careful as I have idea of the ice thickness.   When I was driving around I did notice that there was absolutely nobody out fishing, now I don't know if it was just because it is friday at noon or not but you can determine that.  Anyways, if you go out I would like to hear how you did and how your new purchase performed for you. :thumbsup:  Good Luck!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.