Author Topic: Mods for Xplorer  (Read 1118 times)

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
Mods for Xplorer
« on: Nov 29, 2017, 03:57 PM »
I got a 96 Polaris Xplorer from my father-in-law and thinking that I might use this one for my ice rig.  I am wanting to get an auger mount for it, but since the racks are plastic, do I need to do some modifying?

Also, any other mods would be appreciated!
Minnesconsin born and raised

Offline amphib206

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Mods for Xplorer
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2017, 05:58 PM »
This is a Costco bike rack that I modified.  Took off the bike holders and welded a set of auger racks onto the bike rack and it slides right into the receiver on my quad.  The weight of the head of the auger sits just behind the drivers head.  No snow gets kicked up into the motor. 

Offline JonPerry

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2017, 11:15 AM »
I mounted one similar to this on my front rack years ago. it works great for anything strapped down-gun, auger, ax, chain saw, etc.
https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/kolpin-rhino-grip-single-gear-carrier/0000000036017
 ;)

Offline timr35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2017, 07:15 PM »
The Polaris racks are a composite plastic, very strong . You can mount just about anything to them just drill a hole and use a backing washer or plate.
I have several different boxes that i made and use for different seasons that i just bolt to the rack.
One for my auger and ice fishing gear , another for moose and deer hunting, and another for just hauling tools and a saw.
Get creative and show use what you come up with.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.