Author Topic: Polaris 570 Sportsman Recall  (Read 3536 times)

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
Polaris 570 Sportsman Recall
« on: Jul 20, 2017, 10:57 AM »
Got the notice yesterday. Hopefully nobody here has the same issues.

polaris safety recall A-17-04 -  Fuel tank may leak and lead to fire.

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2017/Polaris-Recalls-Sportsman-570-All-Terrain-Vehicles

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Polaris 570 Sportsman Recall
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2017, 11:10 AM »
That'd give new meaning to roasting chestnuts on an open fire and the old saying hot nuts if it caught fire when you were riding.   ;D  But seriously thanks for posting that, it'll definitely help someone.

Offline bean counter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jul 20, 2017, 02:19 PM »
Thanks for the heads up!

Offline motocross269

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Sep 02, 2017, 03:14 PM »
I just got a recall for the heat issue on my 2015 570... I already ceramic coated the pipe and lined the seat and side panel with heat reflective tape but I am going to take it in anyway.. My wife could hardly ride the thing in the summer because of the heat radiating from the right side but it took them almost 2 years to do a recall so I fixed it myself.. >:(
I would think that there is something in the mapping and the bikes are running lean causing them to be hot...I argued that but no one would listen so there I was...

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 07, 2017, 11:22 AM »
 I got it too..as I read it...I think they are rerouting the vent line because it can overflow onto the exhaust if you over fill the tank ...I only use mine in the winter and have 2 seasons on it...im in no itching hurry to bring it to the dealer...
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 2017, 09:31 AM »
I got it too..as I read it...I think they are rerouting the vent line because it can overflow onto the exhaust if you over fill the tank ...I only use mine in the winter and have 2 seasons on it...im in no itching hurry to bring it to the dealer...

This is my 4th with my 2014 only use it on the ice. Hell, I don't even own a trailer.

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
« Reply #6 on: Nov 13, 2017, 04:40 PM »
Makes you wonder why people buy them.  Friends don't let their friends buy Pooplaris.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 05, 2017, 11:12 AM »
This is my 4th with my 2014 only use it on the ice. Hell, I don't even own a trailer.
Mines a 2014... just the one recall for the fuel line /vent.... not happy when I picked it up... seat was not installed properly...neither was the breather for the clutch housing vent... thus the recent rains filled the clutch/belt housing with water..

that was the first and only time that thing will ever see a dealer.... luckily it's a dependable work horse...
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.