Author Topic: OtterBox auger tube attachment  (Read 3595 times)

Offline SKilo

• Team IceShanty Regular
OtterBox auger tube attachment
« on: Jan 23, 2015, 09:38 PM »
Does anyone know how the auger tube attachment for the otter boxes fit a 8 inch or 10 inch auger? How about with an auger extension? I didn't see it if it was available in different sizes but would like to use it for a wide variety of sizes.

Offline xjma

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: OtterBox auger tube attachment
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2015, 09:15 AM »
They come in either 8" diameter or 10" diameter and have just enough extra room to get the auger flighting down the tube.  I don't know how they would work with an auger extension, it probably depends on how much of an extension it is. 

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2015, 01:16 PM »
In my opinion an auger with an extension sticks out too far.

WS

Offline SKilo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2015, 11:09 AM »
I thought an extension would be pushing it.  Would you say the 10" tube would leave too much play for an 8" auger or anything smaller, causing the auger to bounce around too much?  I have a 10" auger but don't use it a lot but would still like to be able to haul it in one if it would work out with the other augers.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2015, 03:52 PM »
When I slip my 8" er in ( Better rephrase) lol

The 8" auger tube allows plenty of room for an 8" auger. I am guessing a 10" tube would allow an 8" auger to bang around pretty good.

With that said, I always put a bungie on my powerhead to to reduce movement in the 8" tube. Doing the same when putting an 8" into a 10" tube would help a lot.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

WS

Offline Ice_Addict

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2015, 04:03 PM »
I didn't realize that Otter sold two different size auger tubes. I must have the 10" tube. I have an 8" auger and there's a lot of play. With the suggestion from a friend, I used a black bungee to hold it tight when traveling. My auger tube is mounted on my Otter Box on the back of my ATV. I got tired of the bungee getting misplaced or falling off when the auger wasn't in the tube so I used some wire and wrapped it tightly around the bungee to hold it on the auger tube handle. It's hard to explain, but here's a picture. Now the bungee is always there and it's super easy to hook it onto my auger handle and my auger isn't banging around in the tube when traveling.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2016, 09:39 PM »
 Hate to bring up an old thread but I thought I would chime in on what I have done. I have the 10 inch auger holder that slides on my Otter monster box. When using an 8 inch auger in there, I bought an 8" auger sleeve that Otter makes without the molded in mounts that slides right in to the ten inch sleeve. Works  like a charm!

Offline Ranger619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 21, 2016, 09:18 AM »
The last 2 posts were really good ideas IMO !!!!
Fish as much as you can we're not here forever!

Otter Cottage Pro X Over
Marcum LX9 LX7 LX3
Thorne Bros,G Austin & TUCR Rods
Striker Lite Flite Milwaukee Fuel M18

Suzuki 750 King Quad W/Otter Monster Box

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 21, 2016, 10:30 AM »
Thanks Ranger! This is a great site for sharing ideas and information for sure.

Offline Powers86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 02, 2017, 09:29 PM »
I have a 9" Jiffy, which would be better, the 8" or 10"? if it would fit in the 8" I think I'd rather it be tight than bounce around in the 10".

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.