Author Topic: Scheels  (Read 2237 times)

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
Scheels
« on: Jan 31, 2020, 01:04 PM »
Bought a Vexilar from these folks about 3 weeks ago and the battery began to fail. Called them this morning and explained the situation to them. They never asked for purchase date, serial number, etc. Just wanted my phone number, name and address. Said a replacement would be sent today. Very friendly and apologetic. Can't get any better than that.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Scheels
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2020, 01:14 PM »
I have heard the same thing about Scheels.  We don't have one of their stores close enough for me to purchase from them every day, but there are stores that I can go to when I travel through one of the cities along my way. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline 429421Cowboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2020, 01:19 PM »
I grew up in a town with a Scheels, so I'm used to going to them first. But the amount of help they have been to our kids walleye camp, the Hooked on Fishing, Not Drugs program, all of our Walleye's Unlimited chapters on the area as well as all the other conservation groups has been top notch. They are always great when I go in, super helpful and generally the people they have in an area are knowledgeable. In addition to that seeing how they treat their employees when my wife worked there is another reason they'll always be the first place to get my money.
Glad to hear they treated you good too.
East of the Rockies and west of the rest, I do my best to do my dangedest and that's about all I guess.

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2020, 01:24 PM »
Scheels is great. Held a flip over for me after I bought it cause it wouldn't fit in my car.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2020, 02:03 PM »
I have heard the same thing about Scheels.  We don't have one of their stores close enough for me to purchase from them every day, but there are stores that I can go to when I travel through one of the cities along my way.

I don't either. It was an online order.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2020, 03:53 PM »
Great customer service ...Vexilar Marine has great videos on batteries..chargers and your Vexilar unit BTW.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline 2labradors

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2020, 05:06 PM »
Scheels is a top notch operation, I buy almost all my fishing and shooting supplies from them. Never been disappointed.

Offline Dave in Mpls

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2020, 06:22 PM »
Scheels absolutely ROCKS!  Order a lot from them - Just got a TUCR Precision from them yesterday, a day after ordering it.

Can't wait until they get the new store opened in the Cities.  The one here now carries about 27 women's tops and 3 water bottles!!

Cabela's, on the other hand, absolutely sucks after BP bought them...….JMHO

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #8 on: Jan 31, 2020, 06:23 PM »
Great customer service ...Vexilar Marine has great videos on batteries..chargers and your Vexilar unit BTW.
damn hd..no vexilar battery problem vid link?must be busy fishing.lol

sunniewally

« Reply #9 on: Feb 02, 2020, 12:53 PM »
Nobody can beat them IMO! I mail order and never had a problem>

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #10 on: Feb 03, 2020, 10:26 AM »
Scheels will put Cabelas and Bob Wards out of business when they arrive this year and im ok with that.

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 03, 2020, 10:47 AM »
Don’t be so sure. Scheels is only competitive when close outs or specials come out and then you have to go in and beg for a price match. Otherwise the price tags are scary high. Online is killing all retail and even Scheels doesn’t always price match them. JMHO

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Feb 03, 2020, 11:03 AM »
Scheels is by far my favorite store. They actually hire people who know what they are talking about and will help steer you in the right direction. Customer SERVICE is outstanding! I have had them price match in the past and they are always willing to do it. I’ve even used a price from some tiny online store and they have matched it. It’s one store that I don’t mind paying a few bucks more for some things because they always back the products they sell. I just bought a new otter shack from them, I called ahead to make sure they still had them then when they confirmed they had it they put a hold on it until I could get there to pick it up. It’s my go to store for most everything. I buy some stuff from fleet farm and bass pro but is only because they are closer to me than Scheels. Glad to hear I’m not alone in thinking they are among the top retailers out there!

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 05, 2020, 09:43 AM »
Great store. Only have shopped on line, but their service has always been top-notch!

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 05, 2020, 10:35 AM »
Just found Scheels last week, they're no where near me in NH but they were the only ones I called that would step up and get me an Otter flip freighted to my shop in under a week... Everyone else I called gave the same story, drop ship strait from Otter 2-3 weeks minimum... I alway try to spend my loot local but they'll be one of my first stops for online orders... Great service.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Feb 05, 2020, 02:01 PM »
Don’t be so sure. Scheels is only competitive when close outs or specials come out and then you have to go in and beg for a price match. Otherwise the price tags are scary high. Online is killing all retail and even Scheels doesn’t always price match them. JMHO

I've only seen the opposite, they were willing to basically price match any website as long as the product is advertised lower.......I got a Traeger 575 pro for $599 last year, the guy barely looked at the website I was trying to price match...haven't even ever seen it sold for that.....got an otter shelter, and they actually double priced matched it as I found another place had a sale in store only and probably 10 hours away. They have been amazing.....Cabela's on the other hand informed me that lifetime warranty is no more and that price match only applies to their select ....go figure

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Feb 05, 2020, 08:30 PM »
I've only seen the opposite, they were willing to basically price match any website as long as the product is advertised lower.......I got a Traeger 575 pro for $599 last year, the guy barely looked at the website I was trying to price match...haven't even ever seen it sold for that.....got an otter shelter, and they actually double priced matched it as I found another place had a sale in store only and probably 10 hours away. They have been amazing.....Cabela's on the other hand informed me that lifetime warranty is no more and that price match only applies to their select ....go figure

Found the same thing with bass pro now! Went to get a new pair of muck boots and said I would buy them if they would price match midway usa’s price that was $30 less. I was informed they only price match brick and mortar stores within 30 miles.

Offline ND_Outdoorsman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 12, 2020, 10:37 AM »
Bass Pro Shops has ruined Cabelas. I used to spend thousands at Cabelas every year and recently it has been near 0. Scheels has become my favorite based on customer service, price, and product selection. Scheels did make alot of people mad when they changed the summer rod warranty policy from lifetime to limited periods. This didnt make me mad since I dont have any scheels rods. I did have one walleye series rod in the past that got a broken guide and they replaced it with a new model no questions asked!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.