Author Topic: Eskimo Quick Fish 3  (Read 5934 times)

Offline wood99

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • http://i63.tinypic.com/xoeceo.jpg
Eskimo Quick Fish 3
« on: Dec 10, 2009, 10:52 AM »
Just wondering if anyone uses the quick fish 3 and would recommend them?  was thinking of picking one up at costo for 179$...seems like a pretty decent buy?

Offline bmann

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Marcum then Catchem
Re: Eskimo Quick Fish 3
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2009, 11:02 AM »
I bought that tent last year at Costco. No problems, One of the windows cracked, I taped it up with duct tape. Nice tent for 2 Guys and gear , quick and easy to set up, the ice anchors work well. Good value in my opinion

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2009, 11:20 AM »
Yes I agree and now at a way better price then I paid for my Eastman Cube 3 years ago.
Costco on St James now has a new flip style ice shelter by Equinox.....The Alaska Inn 2 seater model at $669. It is NOT available online....I checked!
Blue Igloo  :tipup:

Offline Fish Camp 24-7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2009, 06:03 PM »
Just wondering if anyone uses the quick fish 3 and would recommend them?  was thinking of picking one up at costo for 179$...seems like a pretty decent buy?
Have the quick fish 6, really good quality shack, set up in few minutes. Only downfall is the windows which seem to crack with cold temps. there are also cover flaps for the windows so its not that terrible when they do crack.

Offline bandit

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Born to Fish
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2009, 06:31 PM »
They fix the windows for 2009 & if you support a local tackle store like ProAm? I think you can get replacement windows?

Offline wood99

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2009, 06:43 PM »
Thanks for the input guys,  I think I might pick one up.

Offline eskimoman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2009, 07:23 PM »
I liked my quickfish 3 so much last year i bought a quickfish 6 this year.

Offline reel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2009, 07:38 PM »
The Frabill Outpost 3 person tent is on sale for $199 at Wholesale Sports, wonder if it's better quality than the Eskimo 3 from Costco, both are the same size!?

Offline fshmanmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 10, 2009, 08:01 PM »
No, Frabils are a little bit lower quality than the Eskimo's. Better fabric & zippers on the Eskimos.

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 10, 2009, 08:18 PM »
No, Frabils are a little bit lower quality than the Eskimo's. Better fabric & zippers on the Eskimos.

Just picked up a Frabil Frontier from WS...hope it stands up to the rigours of a Manitoba ice season or two :-\

FF
He who hesitates is lost...

Offline fshmanmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 10, 2009, 08:29 PM »
FF, it should easily last at least that long. Just make sure & anchor down real good & tight when it's windy. Heard that's one of the downfalls of the Frabils......can tear if loose in higher winds.

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 10, 2009, 08:44 PM »
FF, it should easily last at least that long. Just make sure & anchor down real good & tight when it's windy. Heard that's one of the downfalls of the Frabils......can tear if loose in higher winds.

Thanks for the tip fshmanmb. The anchor points are on the inside which I now thing would make the whole structure moe tippy in a good wind.

FF

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
« Reply #12 on: Dec 10, 2009, 09:35 PM »
FF with a shelter.....you getting soft on me buddy  ;) ;D
JK of course......my bet it's for the little FF  :)

Offline wood99

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 11, 2009, 12:37 AM »
Ended up getting the eskimo from costco.....stoped by cabela's on the way home same model (quickfish 3) was selling for $299 + tax there.  hope to find some good ice to test it out tommorrow.

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Dec 11, 2009, 09:35 AM »
FF with a shelter.....you getting soft on me buddy  ;) ;D
JK of course......my bet it's for the little FF  :)

Yup, I finally caved Blue...made the mistake of going to WS with the better half. She might even try ice fishing now :o

FF

Offline Stingsilda

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fishin was good; it was the catchin that was bad
« Reply #15 on: Dec 11, 2009, 01:37 PM »
Agree with the rest of the posts.  Got mine last year and its great except the windows broke first time out.  Seems they cracked when bent in the cold.  Go figure........what were they thinking..  Anyway, they velcro in and I got new ones sent to me within days.  Great warranty service.  No charge, even for shipping up from US.  Good product.

Offline waler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 13, 2009, 12:44 PM »
Hey guys why don't you take the windows out before folding the shack? Take them out and store them separate, don't bend them and they will never crack! Otherwise a very good shack the quikfish 3. ;)

Offline largeshow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 25, 2010, 06:30 PM »
I picked one of these up and it worked well on the weekend, even in the wind on Sunday.  Has anyone tried some sort of floor though?

Offline live.2.fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing= LIFE!!
« Reply #18 on: Jan 25, 2010, 06:43 PM »
Great shack strong and easy set up well worth the buy!

Offline Pembina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 26, 2010, 07:40 AM »
Hey guys why don't you take the windows out before folding the shack? Take them out and store them separate, don't bend them and they will never crack! Otherwise a very good shack the quikfish 3. ;)
Hey Waler, that is what I do and they are still in good shape.  Funny thing is they survived the winter but when I left the door open by accident my dog thought she could chew on them for a bit.  They still are intact after my rot/shep dog had them for a day.  I'm sold on it for sure now.

Offline roughice

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ahh quiet at last
« Reply #20 on: Jan 26, 2010, 03:57 PM »
Picked up a Quichfish6 this year and love it.  Had a buddy make up a tool for my cordless drill to put the anchors in.  Wow is that slick!  ;D

Tightlines!
Catch and Release...outta the water and into grease ;)

Offline mrhook

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • get the net!!!!
« Reply #21 on: Jan 26, 2010, 06:17 PM »
Yep, luv my QF3 as well. Sets up so easy and tear down is a joke lol. The nice bag they come with is a little bigger opening so the tent just slides right in!
" A fisherman is a jerk at one end of the line waiting for a jerk at the other!"

Offline jiggerintheriver

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Jan 26, 2010, 09:35 PM »
Was going to buy an Eskimo last year but costco sold out. Ended up with the Eastman Ice Cube from WalMart for $219.99 + taxes. Am very happy with it and been out in some of the worst weather this year in it with no issues. It's basically the same as the Eskimo but it's black and the windows are a little larger. I don't how the fabrics compare between the two but I'm happy with my purchase. Has anyone seen the new shacks that zip together here yet?  My friend saw them at bass pro shop in the states and you can zip together as many shacks as you want from end to end. You can go from one shack for 2 guys and gear to 6 shacks for 12 guys and gear and all be under one roof.

Offline MNTMAN12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 27, 2010, 01:54 AM »
What I do with my Frabill 6 man is I got some string from my old coleman tent and I tide it to each of the side hubs and anchor those down too...tent aint going anywhere!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.