Author Topic: Nipissing regulations  (Read 516 times)

Offline primepin65

• Team IceShanty Addict
Nipissing regulations
« on: Dec 02, 2023, 09:30 AM »
I booked a 3 night/4 day trip for mid-February to Nipissing and I am looking for some clarification on daily limits and possession limits for the lake.

My understanding is 50 perch a day and 100 perch in possession and 2 walleye per day with 6  in possession.

Is my understanding accurate?

Thanks in advance.
"The mountain without is merely a crutch to help us deal with the mountain within."

Offline stukkie

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Nipissing regulations
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2023, 02:25 PM »
IMO you are incorrect.I suggest you read the fishing guide which you can download on the internet a pay close attention to pages
10, 12, 13 and 89. As you are coming from NY i'm sure you have the proper fishing licence/outdoors card. I've always wanted to ice fish those waters and I'm sure you will have a great time. Hope this helps. :icefish:
     Good Luck

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2023, 08:38 AM »
I believe Nipissing is a limit of 2 total possession.  The 2024 regs should be out shortly if not already.
@jzuliniak

Offline primepin65

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2023, 10:47 AM »
thanks to both of you. I will doubled check the 2024 regs when they come out, as well as check with the outfitter we rented from when we come up.
"The mountain without is merely a crutch to help us deal with the mountain within."

Offline fishmachine

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2023, 11:52 AM »
Checking with the outfitters is a good idea....good luck on your trip!
Nothing beats ice fishing

Offline primepin65

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2023, 12:23 PM »
I appreciate it! I haven't been to Nipissing since January(or February maybe?) of 2006, so I'm excited to get back up. At the time, I was basically brand new to ice fishing and have a ton of experience/gear
 since then.

We're going to be up Feb 19th-22nd. I know the 19th is Family Day, which we were unaware of this past year when we came up to Simcoe. Does Nipissing get quite as busy as Simcoe that day? We are going to be looking for somewhere to grab dinner(wings/beer) one of the nights. We're staying on-ice with Angler's Haven. Any recommendations?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.