Author Topic: CRAPPIE TIME!  (Read 1948 times)

Offline viciouscircle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • sure its thick enough to hold our weight, after u
CRAPPIE TIME!
« on: Mar 11, 2020, 08:17 PM »
Hi all,

Living on Wabigoon Lake I have spent a lot of time chasing crappie in the past few years, this year the crappie bite has been slow so I have mostly fished for walleye.

After good success at Walleye and Lake Trout I headed out with a buddy to try for some crappie. We found an area that we knew held fish in previous years, drilled some holes and despite reservations about being in 19'FOW (usually we go a little deeper on Wabigoon) the fish were there.

It was not as frantic as it can be, with fish coming through every 20 minutes or so. Some nice slabs but mostly medium sized ones with a few dinks. Nice to get some panfish action for a change, got a plan to try for Burbot sometime in the next week too.

Ultra lite rod, 4lb fluorocarbon line and a small cast master spoon tipped with a minnow head works for me while my buddy was using a similar set up with a small buckshot spoon tipped with pink gulp maggots.

I got 10 and my friend got eight. We could have probably got our limits of 15 each but we packed up early as he was on night shift.

"SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"

Offline Old Yellaw

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: CRAPPIE TIME!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2020, 06:06 PM »
Really nice video !! Wish we had some of those close would be great to have grandkids out for these. !!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.