Author Topic: 2016 Skandic SWT 600 e-tec  (Read 1762 times)

Offline TrueOutdoorsman

• IceShanty Rookie
2016 Skandic SWT 600 e-tec
« on: Oct 17, 2016, 06:48 PM »
First and foremost I would like to thank for adding me to this group and forum! My question is: I will be building a new Ice Shanty on skis and I have a 2016 Skandic SWT 600 e-tec and was wondering what maximum size can my snowmobile pull? I was going to build it 8ft by 16ft by 8ft high. Any suggestions from other Skandic SWT 600 e-tec owners out there? Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
Re: 2016 Skandic SWT 600 e-tec
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2016, 07:11 PM »
How about updating your profile with your location so we know where you are up there!! Thanks!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2016, 07:22 PM »
Lots of poewer in that machine.  You will be limited more by the conditions on the ice than anything.  Amount of snow, slush, etc.  Pick your time to move that shelter and you will be good.

Offline GoldenGraham

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 17, 2016, 08:09 PM »
Lots of poewer in that machine.  You will be limited more by the conditions on the ice than anything.  Amount of snow, slush, etc.  Pick your time to move that shelter and you will be good.

X2  I have a 2015 Summit 600-etec and that thing pulls hard. The summit is geared a bit different than the Skandic however I don't imagine you'll have any problems. My one suggestion would be to ensure you're carrying a spare belt for your snow machine, this is usually good anytime you ride but especially when you're pulling something. You probably have a spare but its just worth mentioning! Cheers!

Offline chummyhole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 02, 2016, 04:39 PM »
No reason why you couldn't move  a 8x8 or a 7x10 .   The hardest part is getting going.   Helps to have a buddy with a bar to give you  a push from the back ..  depending on conditions

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.