Author Topic: Vexilar Pro II Shuttle/Carrying Case  (Read 977 times)

Offline lazyMlazyK

• IceShanty Rookie
Vexilar Pro II Shuttle/Carrying Case
« on: Nov 23, 2021, 10:53 AM »
I'm looking at options for making a diy shuttle to adapt a Helix 9 to for ice fishing.  This Vexilar Pro II popped up at a reasonable price.  Does anyone know what the dimensions are of the space in the bottom rear portion of the shuttle are?  I'm wondering what size battery I could fit in there.  Hoping it can fit a Dakota Lithium 12v 18Ah battery.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Vexilar Pro II Shuttle/Carrying Case
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2021, 04:29 PM »
the size of battery that will fit in the pro pack is one that is 6"L X 2.5"W X 3.75"T. If the Dakota battery is bigger than this it won't fit. Vexilar did bring out a 12 Volt 12 AH lithium battery this year that is these dimensions so it will drop right into the pro pack.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2021, 04:37 PM »
I just looked at the Dakota website and the 18AH is too wide to fit in the pro pack. The 10AH Dakota would fit but it is the same price as the Vexilar 12AH battery so if it was me I would go with the Vexilar battery over the Dakota since it is a higher capacity.

Offline lazyMlazyK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2021, 08:02 AM »
Dang, I was really hoping the 18Ah battery would fit.  I don't like having any doubts about my equipment running out of juice on the ice.  Suppose I could always carry a spare battery, but that's just more weight and cost.  Do you know of any shuttles that an 18Ah battery will fit in?  I believe the Dakota lithium is 6.14"x4.61"x4.02"

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2021, 08:40 AM »
Dang, I was really hoping the 18Ah battery would fit.  I don't like having any doubts about my equipment running out of juice on the ice.  Suppose I could always carry a spare battery, but that's just more weight and cost.  Do you know of any shuttles that an 18Ah battery will fit in?  I believe the Dakota lithium is 6.14"x4.61"x4.02"

I get that you WANT those extra amps, but...in my experience...the NEED isn't really there. I have the Amped Outdoors lithium 12V, 12A and have never come close to running out of power...2+ days straight without charging. And the size is exactly what you are looking for. Just my .02. 
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2021, 08:56 AM »
I agree but he wants to run a real power sucker helix 9 unit compared to a easy on juice vex.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #6 on: Nov 24, 2021, 08:59 AM »
I agree but he wants to run a real power sucker helix 9 unit compared to a easy on juice vex.

Ahhhh...got it.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 2021, 02:03 PM »

the only shuttle that I know of that fits that size of battery is the one that is used with the Garmin Panoptics units.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.