The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Georgetown Lake Fishing Report (updated weekly?)  (Read 4630 times)

Offline andy572

• IceShanty Rookie
Georgetown Lake Fishing Report (updated weekly?)
« on: Jan 02, 2007, 03:08 PM »
Fished G-town on December 31, 2006. Plenty of good ice with some snow and slush on top closer to the shore line. Drilled several holes heading out from shore @ Piney Point from 10-20 feet of water. Using my new christmas present (lowrance ice machine) I marked most of the fish around 18 feet. Caught a couple of trout and a few kok's. 

Offline cschell

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Georgetown Lake Fishing Report (updated weekly?)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2007, 07:27 PM »
Nice to see you on, WIsh we had some ice here in NY, I might just have to take a trip out their if we don't get ice soon. Talk to ya later Bro :tipup:

Offline Montana Trout Slayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2007, 09:51 PM »
Fished G-town yesterday.. Fished piney and did ok... Caught a few decent at best rainbows with the biggest around 17 inches.  Only two cokes though..  Started fishing around 6am and fished till two..  Caught a spurt of trout right around 10 am on a prince nymph tipped with maggots..

Offline zimmer2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2007, 07:59 AM »
Fished Georgtown Saturday and Sunday by pumphouse. Caught a nice limit on Saturday of rainbow and only had 2 bites on Sunday. Using a Swedish pimple and glow hook with about 14" leader tipped with maggots and corn.

ninepipe

« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2007, 10:55 AM »
Something is realy off with Georgetown this year, real poor numbers constatly being reported for rainbows and salmon.

Offline Montana Trout Slayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2007, 04:23 PM »
Something is really off with Georgetown this year, real poor numbers constantly being reported for rainbows and salmon.

I agree!  Definitely or the salmon.. I haven't slayed the salmon yet once this year!  The best day i had was maybe 15 salmon.  The trout haven't been to bad for me but still.... ???

Offline zimmer2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2007, 07:17 PM »
Went to Georgetown today. Was there at 7:30 and left at 12:00. Caught 3 rainbow all about 14". Pretty slow. Lots of ice with a few trucks out on the ice. Quite a few shanty's set up. I was at Dentons point, using pimple and glow hook with maggot's and corn.

Offline fish-zatchery

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 29, 2007, 08:37 PM »
Has anyone been to silver lake?  Any lakers?

Offline zimmer2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 11, 2007, 08:07 PM »
Fished Georgetown Friday and Saturday. Both days by pump house and landed bows both days. 5 on Friday and 6 on Saturday. The only problem was most were small, only kept two on Friday and none on Saturday. Good time fishing none the less!

Offline gregv17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 15, 2007, 11:21 PM »
Hello all. Any good news from georgetown this week? Going to be visiting relatives in Missoula this weekend and thinking of going up on Sunday. Taking the bro in law out ice fishing. Expanding his horizons sort of as I think this will be his first time ice fishing. Hopefully we can find enought fish to keep him interested. See ya on the lake.

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 16, 2007, 11:46 AM »
I'm planning on heading to Missoula this afternoon too.  Let us know how the fishing on Georgetown is and where they are biting.

Offline zimmer2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 16, 2007, 01:24 PM »
Hello all. Any good news from georgetown this week? Going to be visiting relatives in Missoula this weekend and thinking of going up on Sunday. Taking the bro in law out ice fishing. Expanding his horizons sort of as I think this will be his first time ice fishing. Hopefully we can find enought fish to keep him interested. See ya on the lake.

I have fished Georgetown 8 times or so since December and really have only caught fish by the pump house. Not a lot of bigger ones but ...........still fun. Will be there Saturday for sure and maybe Sunday also.

Offline zimmer2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 17, 2007, 07:19 PM »
Fished Georgetown today from 7:00am - 12:20pm. Landed 3 -14"-16"bows and 1 - 10" brookie. Lost biggest one at the hole, no fish story! By pumphouse

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.