Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1608597 times)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #21090 on: Oct 16, 2020, 02:38 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Breezy 52 this am,  temp dropping into the 40's the rest of the day with rain.

Jeff...best of luck with the muzzle loader season,  are you hunting tomorrow's opener?   :thumbsup:
  OG..those big bluegills will show up sooner or later for you.  .best of luck next trip! :thumbsup:
  Wally...hopefully you didn't get hit with the winds we had down at the jobsite yesterday on your bike ride...gusts in the 50's at times, crazy!   :woot:
  H2...continued best wishes for your wife,  hope today is a better day for her.   :thumbsup:  Hunting tomorrow's opener?
  Tom...in the past I have flipped a few of the homeless some $, but those days are over for the the most part now. Be careful if you're going up on the roof today mister!   :thumbsup:
  Dave...hope to see some of those critters on your game camera's soon,  thanks for sharing the link!    :thumbsup:  Hope you had a better night sleeping.
  UFC...congratulations on the full time position with Amazon,  glad things are working out for you there!   :clap:   Sorry to read about Atz,  best wishes to him on a full recovery! 
  Bud....when is your next road trip coming up?
  Marv. ..crappy weather to do anything in there, heading home for a few days sounds like a good idea. Good luck today if you get a chance to get out!  :thumbsup:

Hoping we can get the day in today,  but the tent we used on Tuesday will be useless if the winds pickup like yesterday.
  TGIF anyway. ..looking forward to hookups on the river tomorrow!   ;D
  Cawfee's on. ..
Have a great day all,  be safe,  best of luck to those fishing & hunting!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #21091 on: Oct 16, 2020, 03:59 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                               It's 50* and raining here on my hill, rain is the weather word for today. ::)
                               Marv........I'm sorry to read that your weather has kept you out of the stand, I hope it improves for you. :thumbsup:
                               Eddie.......I hope to get out in the morning, only if the weather improves here. :unsure: I hope you can get the day in. :flex:
                               Dave.......That video sure had it's share of wildlife on it, hope yours starts recording some around your cabin. :whistle:
                               H2l.........I hope your wife is improving. :flex:
                               UF...........I'm sorry to read about your dog Atz, I hope the surgery gets him back in good shape. :thumbsup:
                               Wally.......Was the wind out your way just as crazy as it was here? ???
                               Bud.........I hope things are better out your way? :whistle:
                               Yesterday was a work around the yard day, I put the garden hoses away and my wife's window boxes, jus general clean up to
                      get ready for the colder weather and spend more time in the woods.
                               I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21092 on: Oct 16, 2020, 04:38 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Looks like it’s going to be a rainy day today. My wife has been going to Drs appointments during her vacation. We got the news yesterday she has to go for a more detailed mammogram. Breast Ca runs on both sides of her family.

Mason Eddie, Hopefully the tent doesn’t blow away and your able to get work done. I stopped giving money to homeless people a while ago. Tried giving them food and they refused wanted money.

Ice Wanderer, How is your Mother in law doing?

Whopper Stopper, Hopefully the wind and rain hold off today.

UfCreel, Congratulations on the full time position at Amazon. Hope the the surgery works for your pup.

Tom Turkey, Be careful if you climb up on the roof.

Hunts2long, Hope your wife is feeling better.

I hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21093 on: Oct 16, 2020, 05:43 AM »
Not  so nice 31* this morning. They are guessing we might get a little snow this week end. Don't worry I will not be going on the roof if it is wet and slippery. Hopefully the weather is not so bad so I can get the lawn mowed. I have a trailer load of  limbs that need to be put on the burn pile as well.

If45 I will pm you when I get  back so we can discuss stimulators if you want to. I have had one in my back for years.

I managed to get a few leaves blown up yesterday when we got back from taking the dogs to the vet. The vet  prescribed Prozac for the wild pup to get it calmed down. Hopefully she will calm down on her own as she gets older.

Drifter At least in Canada you can control the wolfs. In Wisconsin they are three times over there goal for number of wolfs. Every time they try to open up  hunting and trapping them some wolf hugger Judge  puts the end to that idea. The wolfs have decimated the deer herd in the UP of Michigan. There are a few in the northern lower now too. They figure they crossed the ice at Mackinaw City.

WS Hopefully your deer hunting will pick up after you take a break at home.

Time to get breakfast so I can get on the road when the sun finally comes up. I will have to find the ice scraper  before I can leave.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21094 on: Oct 16, 2020, 06:01 AM »
46* and rain this morning.
Drifter, thanks for the video, lots of critters. Hope you were able to get some sleep.

UFC, good luck with the dog. Congrats on the new job.

WS, this time of year the weather sure can be changing a lot. Yesterday it was 72*, sunny but windy. Today it's low 50's and rain.

ICE-45, your wife is in our thoughts.

IW, good luck if hunting. I take it that the hand doesn't cause any issues with the gun. I won't be going out in the morning. We have company coming for the day but all I have to do is load the gun and I am ready to go.

The wife is doing pretty good, some pain. She has to go for a Covid test this morning as she has a Tuesday appt with her lung doctor.

Have a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21095 on: Oct 16, 2020, 06:22 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....lots of time yet sir, the weather will get better and the deer will get careless ;)2

TT......glad to hear the roof inspection will wait for drier conditions  :clap:  hope the meds help the pup  :o

UFC.....congrats on the full time position  :thumbsup:  best of luck to your pup also, our lab had acl surgery many years ago after skidding on some ice, guess it's a pretty common injury  :-\

IFF.....sounds like another great road trip planned  :thumbsup: :clap:  safe travels  ;)

Eddie.....the wind was pretty crazy yesterday, especially any place there was a clearing, it did a lot of pushing on us  ::)  good luck to you and the boys tomorrow  :flex:

IW....good luck in the woods tomorrow  ;)

IF45....thoughts and prayers to Mrs45  :(

Drifter.....hope you got some sleep  :)

H2L...glad to hear MrsH2 is improving :clap:  best wishes to her at her visit with the lung doc, is another transplant being considered  ???

What a difference a day makes.......sunny and 70s yesterday, rainy and 40s today  :blink:  I'm sure I can find something that needs attention inside today  :woot:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21096 on: Oct 16, 2020, 07:02 AM »
WW, sorry, I should have said, just a check-up to see how things are going. They take x-ray, do lung function test, blood work and then see the Dr. It is a visit that they were doing every 3 months, but have been somewhat on hold because of covid....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21097 on: Oct 16, 2020, 07:22 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Whoa good thing I brought in the plants, see its now 30* out on my deck.  Think its time to shut down the exterior water as well.

Don't know if a scraper for windshield is needed, and said I would go along to fish on his day off.  better layer up is the plan.

WW not exactly a road trip but a flight to Seattle/Tacoma

Coffee time

Take care all
Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21098 on: Oct 16, 2020, 11:11 AM »

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21099 on: Oct 16, 2020, 06:05 PM »
Good evening everyone!

30 degrees this morning with a biting wind. Around 10am wet flurries  that lasted into the afternoon .

I did have a spindly 8 come by last night. I would have taken him later in the season but the cameras still showing some bigger bucks are around, unfortunately most at night.

I am heading home in the morning,  will lick my wounds and return next week .

Hope everyone has a  good weekend! Stay healthy.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21100 on: Oct 16, 2020, 06:28 PM »
Found 27* at lake side this morning.  One keeper to the boat, several in 2-6" class two that were just short.  And one monster "Fun" fish.  Weighting 31# in the form of a common Carp.  It ripped off 240 yards of 30# braid like and had to chase it down with the boat.  I got a good video of it, and will probably find its way onto Face Book  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Made a small dent on some yard cleanup.  The smoke plumb continues to darken the sky to the North.

Dave, Dang not good news on the outbreak up there, I hope you have a good system for contract tracing.

Marv Hope your plan works out, and you have a chance at a real bruiser at your stand.

Time to raid my freezer for supper

Best to all, and yours

Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21101 on: Oct 16, 2020, 08:32 PM »
Bud
As it turns out this butt head and his/her spouse (they don't tell us anything about the people) didn't isolate properly. The person flew back into town and went home to isolate. They isolated with their family member but did not social distance and the family member went about their business out and around town.
They should have also self isolated due to the lack of social distancing. They didn't and now a bunch of people have to isolate because of this selfish person. Turns out this person went to the gym and other places spreading germs all over town. Now we wait to hear if this jerk infected a bunch of people and if they did, did they infect others?

The reason we don't hear more about the people is because the town folk would pick up their pitch forks.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21102 on: Oct 16, 2020, 09:02 PM »
Dave, Oh man that is sad :'(
Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21103 on: Oct 16, 2020, 09:42 PM »
More ignorant than sad Bud.   >:(

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #21104 on: Oct 17, 2020, 01:34 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Just a quick hello before getting on the road. Will catch up to you all soon!   :thumbsup:
  Cawfee's on. ..
Have a great day all,  be safe,  best of luck to those fishing & hunting!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21105 on: Oct 17, 2020, 03:16 AM »
Good point Dave.
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #21106 on: Oct 17, 2020, 04:49 AM »

Good morning Eddie, IFF, ER's,
                              It's 35* and partly cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                              Eddie........I hope you have a good outing up on the river. :thumbsup: :clap:
                              Bud..........That carp must have been a lot of fun to catch. :whistle:
                              Marv.........It's too bad the spindly 8 came in and not the bigger bruisers that you have on camera. Better luck next week. :flex:
                              Dave.........I'm sorry to read about another outbreak up there, some people just don't get it. :cookoo:
                              H2l...........There is a lot of hunting that you can do, a lot don't like to go out on the weekends, too many nut jobs in the woods. :unsure:
                              Wally.........I hope you found things to do inside yesterday. :flex:
                              I'll be heading out in a little while to see if anything is moving around, I haven't done any scouting this year, but I have seen a few deer on the
               road at night in my hunting area.
                              I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21107 on: Oct 17, 2020, 07:02 AM »
Morning all,

Drifter.....there are fools like that everywhere unfortunately  :%$#!:  best you can hope for is no one dies because of their ignorance  :nono:

IFF.....sounds like a pretty chilly morning on the lake, a preview of  :icefish:   ;)   be safe at the airports and on the planes  ;)  did you ever get those raccoons  ???

WS.....a couple days/nights at home and you'll be ready to drag the "big one" out of the woods  :flex: ;)2

Eddie.....good luck showing up the "young uns" today  :flex: :woot:

IW.....fingers crossed you get a shot today  ;)

H2L.....glad to hear the appointment is routine, best wishes sent for an A+  :thumbsup:

TT.....does the prozac seem to be working  ???

MrC.....hope you had a good week and had a chance to enjoy the fall colors   :)

OS.....how did your appointment go, is the doc happy with your leg progress  ???

A frosty start to the day, but should be near 60 by the afternoon with lots of sun   @)  good day to putter outside  :thumbsup:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21108 on: Oct 17, 2020, 07:24 AM »
34* and sunny.
Wife's cousins are coming for a visit today. So you know what I am doing.
Did take a ride up to see how many hunters are around. I was surprised, not many. No one around where I hunt.
Have some things to do.
Eddie, hope you have a good day, the weather is great.
h2l
Northville, NY

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #21109 on: Oct 17, 2020, 09:47 AM »
Morning ER's!! WW, I saw a PA-C for my appointment ans was told that it will take time to notice an improvement in my leg. I've been scheduled for several scans on my leg with an appointment to follow. I seem to be doing better with the right leg, or is it wishful thinking?? Fall like weather is upon us, and I need to mow because we have rain coming in this weekend! Everyone stay well and keep safe, plus STFAH!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #21110 on: Oct 17, 2020, 12:45 PM »
Good day sunny with temperature in upper fifties after a rainy Friday. In case anyone noticed my lack of posts I was without internet or phone service on Thursday and Friday called tech. support on Thursday night they walked me through a few things which did not work. A service tech. was here this morning and got me back up and running Not sure what the problems were tech. support thought I might need a new modem put no equipment was replace and so far everything is running good. (Knocking on wood while I type). I made a trip to my bank around 10:30 only to find it closed hope there was only a problem with their computer system and no employee or one of their family members has tested positive for Covid-19. Seeing more bare trees in my travels but overall still plenty of trees still have green leaves.
Ice Wanderer good to hear your MIL is feeling better. Best to you with today's hunting and the rest of the NY.Northern zone muzzle loader season for deer.
Wallyworld I agrre there is a difference in taste and texture between store bought ice cream and soft serve ice cream. Glad you were able to get a bike ride in this week.
Hunts2long good to read your wife's leg surgery went well . May she receive a good report from the lung doctor following the check up visit.
Icefisher-45 soory to hear the injections did not help your back. may your wife's mammogram show no signs of breast cancer.
Drifter thank you for the various video links may the wind abate and your back pain lessen so you can get some sleep. Once you have the injections may the back pain be diminished . Corona virus numbers are also rising here in NY. the president of the SUNY Onteora campus recently resigned after not being able to keep some of the students from having parties with out masks or social distancing. When the school year started they had two confirmed cases at the time of president's resignation there were 700 hundred confirmed cases.
IFF weather guesser saying I may see frost over this weekend. It must have been quite the fight reeling in the carp.
Eddie good that your crew was able to errect a tent and work in the rain i hope it survived the wind. Best to you with the salmon fishing.
Old Goat may you find the blue gills have returned on your next trip.
Tomturkey your DQ story reminds me of a friend who would have lunch at the same place during the work week. He usually had the daily special and could walk in find a seat ansd wait for some one to bring him his meal. i hope the Prozac works and helps calm down Sophie. I'm surprised "uncle" Ted Nugent has not used his fame to get politicians to approve wolf hunting and trapping seasons in the U.P. of Michigan.
UFCreel congratulations on now being a full time Amazon worker.  :clap: :thumbsup: May Atz make a full recovery from his leg injury.
Whopper Stopper hopefully after a few days at home you will see more day time deer activity upon your return to the "Shack". Also may it be less windy.
OldSailor may all the scans show improved circulation in your leg. I wish more people would listen to your message and STFH I think we will see a second wave of Covid-19 sweep across the United States.

Everyone have a good Saturday. Best to all fishing and Hunting.
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21111 on: Oct 17, 2020, 02:08 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

48 only going up a couple more clicks before heading into the frosty zone tonight.

I returned home around 10am and have been busy washing clothes and going through my gear. I have a few things that will remain home and also a couple items that will get packed. I am planning to spend a couple days at home and then heading back for another week of sitting. My phone service was absolutely terrible and other than a handful of texts that went through communication home  was sparse.

Eddie best of luck to you with the fishing :thumbsup:

IW hope you are seeing some deer, best of luck to you :thumbsup:

Dave there are dillweeds all over that deserve a good horse whipping ??? We are continually hearing of people attending get togethers after testing positive :cookoo:

TT I will check out the link tonight. Always like trying to learn something new about tree removals :thumbsup:
Back to sorting gear. Hope everyone has a good night :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21112 on: Oct 17, 2020, 03:20 PM »
Pat No, they haven't been back that I know of.  Only thing that has been tripping the motion detector is me, the siamese cat and one other dark cat that has been visiting the cat food.
Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21113 on: Oct 17, 2020, 03:52 PM »
WHELP, I threw in the towel and put the boat away.
Snow on the ground & cold North winds put an end to my dreams of one last fishin' trip in the boat.

The sled swapped places with the boat and the boat has been put to sleep for the winter.
Batteries were all frozen into their trays and the hatches were all frozen shut but I managed.  ;)

Started up the sled and she started right up. Tomorrow I'll replace the primary clutch, check all the fluids and mechanicals to make sure she's ready to go. I bought the clutch through a place I deal with in Ontario called Royal Distributing. If any of you guys need ATV or sled parts look them up. Especially you Yanks as your $$$$ go 30% further. I bought my clutch during their 30th anniversary sale and got a bonus gift card for 30% of my purchase to use on more stuff. The gift card was worth $189 and change. Got 2 belts and a belt changing tool for $4 out of pocket.

Pretty good deal. Buy a clutch I need at a reasonable price and get free belts and stuff.

Winning!!!!
:clap:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21114 on: Oct 17, 2020, 10:59 PM »
Dave:  WTG  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :bow: :bow: Trip up the hill, I got to be the escort and drive her Escalade, I was impressed at that machine.  And managed to escape with $57.75 of the casino's money. :flex:

Pat:  did see a raccoon road kill on a main street in my neighborhood, so maybe there is only 2 left  :unsure:

Grandson's 8th b-day tomorrow, will take him a new ugly stick spinning rod with a President reel.

Then think about packing for that flight.
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #21115 on: Oct 18, 2020, 04:17 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 37* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                          Bud.........That's a great gift for your grandson. :thumbsup: Have a safe trip. :clap:
                          Dave.......It's always sad to have to put the boat away for the winter. :( Now all you have to do is wait for safe ice. :whistle:
                          Wally.......No shot fired yesterday, I saw nothing, I did hear something but the leaves were to thick to see what it was. :%$#!:
                          Marv.......I hope you had a safe trip home, get the gear ready for the next trip. :flex:
                          Eddie......I hope you did well up on the river? ??? Waiting for your report. :blink:
                          Steve.....Yesterday was just one of the beautiful days we've had, skies were crystal clear and the air was crisp. :clap:
                          OS.........I hope that the Dr. is right and it takes a while to find out if the surgery works, good luck. :unsure:
                          I'm not going in to the woods today, I have some things to get done.
                          I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21116 on: Oct 18, 2020, 04:58 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....good job leaving on the plus side $$  :thumbsup:  happy birthday to your grandson  :clap:  thought of your raccoons after catching a skunk in a live trap the other day  :sick:  safe travels and enjoy the family time  :)

Drifter.....sounds like you qualify as a smart shopper  :bow: :woot:  hope you get early ice so you can get back to paradise  @)

WS.....every day gets you closer to a buck that's not paying attention to anything except the ladies  :whistle: ;)2 

Eddie......hope you had to ben gay the shoulders after reeling in some monsters yesterday  :flex:  looking forward to your report  :)

H2L....hope you survived the cousins' visit  :whistle: :roflmao:  good luck tonight  :flex: 

IW.....sorry things were so slow yesterday  :(  still a beautiful fall day to be in the woods  @)

MrC.....did notice your absence, glad the tech was able to get you up and running again  :clap:  agree we're headed for a tough fall/winter with covid/flu  :unsure:  yet Uncle Andy is finally letting movie theatres outside NYC open starting tomorrow  :blink: 

OS.....fingers crossed the scans show that the surgery is doing what it's supposed to do  ;)  guess you can't expect an instant fix to a problem that took a lifetime to develop  :-\

Today is chop leaves day again as rain moves in tomorrow and sticks around for most of the week ahead  ::)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21117 on: Oct 18, 2020, 05:44 AM »
Good morning IW, WW! Good morning everyone :bow:

26 heading to 40 later on with clouds

IW Best of luck on your next outing :thumbsup:

WW Good luck with the leaves :thumbsup: Mine are getting in need of attention, I am putting it off until after hunting but sure hope they don't get covered with snow first.

Bud Happy Birthday to your grandson, nice gift :thumbsup:

Eddie best of luck with the fishing, can't wait to read your report :thumbsup:

First thing on the list this morning is the grocery store. I need to round up a few items for shack meals. Other than that just loading some things and hanging out.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21118 on: Oct 18, 2020, 06:33 AM »
Good Morning ER's  39* here with light rain heading to high 50's. Drifter nice shopping deals excellent. Bud nice chunk o change for you. Nice present of rod and reel to young one. Working on dryer vent system today hope I can get it done today. IW, Marv and anyone else hunting or fishing good luck next time out. Have a nice relaxing day all.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21119 on: Oct 18, 2020, 07:06 AM »
Good Morning. 31* and a light frost.
IW, a couple guys hunted behind my nephew's yesterday. No deer, but they did hear some shooting. They said the leaves are real thick and that late morning the wind got pretty bad. Did see a picture of an 8 point that was shot by a young lady. The deer dressed at 207lbs.

The "girls" had a good time. Lots of family talk. It was a very nice day and they said the drive was beautiful. For some reason GPS took them across the southern Adirondacks and still it only took them a little over 3 hours. They actually came pass my brothers in Benson and hit RT. 30 about a mile from our house.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.