New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: jigging in sacandaga  (Read 679 times)

Offline S and K fishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
jigging in sacandaga
« on: Feb 07, 2008, 06:59 AM »
I was just wondering why I don't see people jigging for walleyes and perch on this lake. Dave at the bait shop said most people catch most of the perch and walleye off from tip ups. Do the perch in the lake hit only live bait or do some people have luck jigging?
Sean

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
Re: jigging in sacandaga
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2008, 08:40 AM »
I've caught a few eyes and perch jigging out there, it is tough because of the lake's size but if you have a flasher and are willing to cut lots of holes you can usually find some fish. Not all of them hit my offerings but some do on occasion, I usually set tip-ups and move around jigging. Good luck,

Robb :tipup:

Offline jbscowboy99

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • WOOHOO! ICE FISHING 2011!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2008, 07:13 PM »
ive seen walleye and perch jigged and hit tipups, most just be people preferience
And God said " let there be ice" and all was at peace.

Offline PIRCHMASTER

• IceShanty Rookie
  • YEAH
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2008, 08:35 AM »
ive caught perch through the ice jigging. the size of the lake makes it difficult to locate the fish but once u find ur depth you should be good..although the lake never really produces that well.....

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2008, 06:17 PM »
I was just wondering why I don't see people jigging for walleyes and perch on this lake. Dave at the bait shop said most people catch most of the perch and walleye off from tip ups. Do the perch in the lake hit only live bait or do some people have luck jigging?
two weeks ago i caught a 17 inch eye on a haily with a mouse on it. it was my first ever. i never ji

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.