Author Topic: Missy Red Bridge Recon  (Read 10252 times)

Offline Gartoon

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Missy Red Bridge Recon(Updated)
« Reply #30 on: Feb 05, 2018, 06:14 AM »
Love the reports
Thank you

Offline Big Buck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 06, 2018, 08:13 AM »
Any thoughts on what this snow might do to the ice?

Offline TennesseeFreeze

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Feb 06, 2018, 11:22 AM »
I hear ya Big buck..... Man, that was alot more snow accumulation than I thought we were gonna get! I will be headed out to check er out a little later. Super curious how shes holding up with all this powder on top of her.  Anybody got any input on what a good snow does to the bite? Not just at Mississinewa, but in general. Its got to be darker than normal under the ice. Maybe some extra pressure from the weight of the snow?
It was good to meet you bass head. Thanks for the tip about "the" jig. I picked up a couple that look very similar, ready to make em swim.

Offline Reel_Ice_hole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 06, 2018, 02:40 PM »
How much landed up that way

Offline Reel_Ice_hole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Feb 06, 2018, 02:45 PM »
Anyone thinking about hitting it tomorrow morning??

Offline Big Buck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 06, 2018, 03:36 PM »
I wish i could it seems like work gets in the way-way to often i would say we got 4-5in northern miami county

Offline TennesseeFreeze

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Feb 06, 2018, 04:34 PM »
Went out and checked out the Lake. There is 3 inches of good snow on top of the ice. As of now it is not slushy. The edges held up ok. One big step and your on in most places. I measured 6 to 7 inches in all the holes I drilled. There were two guys at boat ramp. Seven or eight guys across the water on the north side. Talked to Danny, fishing in the Redbridge launch cove. He said it was a very slow day. He was marking, they were peckish. He had 7 in 4 hours compared to 23 yesterday. Thanks for the ride back up the hill Danny! I'll be out in the morning Reel Ice Hole. Pics are looking West, looking East, snow depth, ice depth. Good Luck Ya'll. @)

Offline Big Buck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Feb 06, 2018, 06:24 PM »
You the man TennesseeFreeze another great report-you should consider doing the weather reports!!!!! LOL Hopefully she holds up for the weekend extravaganza!! BE SAFE AND FISH ON!!!!!!

Offline ct83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Feb 06, 2018, 06:31 PM »
You the man TennesseeFreeze another great report-you should consider doing the weather reports!!!!! LOL Hopefully she holds up for the weekend extravaganza!! BE SAFE AND FISH ON!!!!!!
personally i think itll be good for a few more weeks fellas as long as we dont get any rain!!!!

Offline bev

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Feb 07, 2018, 05:12 AM »
thanks TennesseeFreeze. Stay safe and fish on

Offline TennesseeFreeze

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Missy Red Bridge Recon
« Reply #40 on: Feb 07, 2018, 07:58 PM »
Met up with Reel Ice Hole, did some fishing. Thanks for the flasher tips Man. :) Ya'll Reel Ice Hole is one cool dude to fish with, and definitly knows his way around the ice. I appreciate the conversation my friend. Hope you wore em out after I left.  Very tough today. They were often interested, I just could not get em to bite. Wish I had a picture of a big pile of fish to show off, but it just wasn't that kind of day. Several people out. Met Big Willie and I Walton. Good guys, was nice to meet Ya'll. The ice was 6 inch. The edges were solid. 3 inches of snow on ice. No slush.

Offline Reel_Ice_hole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Feb 08, 2018, 11:01 AM »
Why thank you sir! It was nice to meet you as well! I stayed out til 6, got so fixated on watching my screen that I ended up being the last guy to leave the ice - edges were solid.... what I thought was kinda soft looking was on solid ground lol - I managed one that wrapped around my ducer and freezes himself from the skin hook they were coming in waves, and could get their attention, but they would get close enough to sniff my jig and change their mind and swim off lol. The day was totally worth it though!!

Offline BassBoss

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Feb 08, 2018, 11:20 AM »
Thanks for the ice reports everyone! Might fish this place for the first time tomorrow morning. If anyone needs a second person shoot me a message or something.  I dont like going alone for safety reasons but it sounds like conditions should be good. Have contour maps will travel
Rooney eats it

Offline Big Buck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Feb 09, 2018, 11:32 AM »
Anyone on Missy today? Wondering how she is holding up

Offline RobertFitz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Feb 09, 2018, 12:12 PM »
I'm curious too. Got a day planned on sunday with the ol' lady and a buddy to go out there.

Offline TennesseeFreeze

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Feb 09, 2018, 05:04 PM »
There were two people out at Redbridge boat launch. I did not cut holes or walk out but it looked good from the truck. I apologize for lack of measurement. Its fishable. Here's the the views looking West then East from RedBridge around 5pm.

Offline Big Buck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Feb 09, 2018, 07:15 PM »
Thanks TennesseeFreeze-im going to give it hell tomorrow i think our days are coming to an end!!!! BE SAFE AND FISH ON!!!!!

Offline ct83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Feb 10, 2018, 01:29 PM »
Had an awesome time with Tennessee freeze and reel ice hole and my buddy today. Lots of laughs also didnt even have to jig the rod at times due to laughing. Lol. Ice was still plenty good enough.

Offline blackbird86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Feb 10, 2018, 03:45 PM »
Nevermind. I asked a friend and apparently theres signs directing you to tr public access

Offline Reel_Ice_hole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Feb 10, 2018, 05:22 PM »
 :thumbsup: had a blast!! Can't wait to do it again!!!

Offline RobertFitz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Feb 10, 2018, 06:50 PM »
What bait shop do you guys use out there?

Offline Big Buck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Feb 10, 2018, 06:54 PM »
You have Woodys at the spillway he opens at 8am

Offline TennesseeFreeze

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #52 on: Feb 10, 2018, 07:10 PM »
Awsome Day of Fishing with ct83 and Reel Ice Hole  :clap: My sides still hurt from laughing so much! Thanks Ya'll. ct83 was a crappie catching machine today! Good bite! Good fun! Plenty of Ice.

Offline ct83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Feb 10, 2018, 07:17 PM »
Awsome Day of Fishing with ct83 and Reel Ice Hole  :clap: My sides still hurt from laughing so much! Thanks Ya'll. ct83 was a crappie catching machine today! Good bite! Good fun! Plenty of Ice.
  had an absolute blast man seriously best time ive had in a while definitely want to fish with you again soon man!!!

Offline blackbird86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Feb 10, 2018, 08:23 PM »
Planning to try monday. Ice safe?

Offline ct83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Feb 10, 2018, 08:34 PM »
Plenty safe enough as of now.

Offline I Walton

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Feb 11, 2018, 07:14 AM »
Mississinewa is down .2 feet with 288 cu ft/sec outflow  overnight. Fished Friday at the boat ramp and did not catch any thing. Covered the ING in the new DNR  NO FISHING signs. Did talk to a guy that caught a few including 2    6 inch walleye!  May try it this afternoon.

Offline IceSkak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Feb 11, 2018, 08:54 AM »
Is the boat ramp drivable or do I need the 4 wheeler to get back up the ramp.

Offline RobertFitz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Feb 11, 2018, 06:51 PM »
Was out there today with buddy and fiancee. Ice was around 6'' to 7" and from the places we walked, was safe.

Had a few around us catch some nice crappie and gills, but we didn't get as luck. Still a great day out on the ice though.

Offline HighPockets

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Feb 11, 2018, 07:20 PM »
I was in the Blue Clam. The bite was better yesterday around 4:30 to dark. The ramp was drivable today even with the ice we had. Backed up to the water edge and just left it. A few from yesterday.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.