Author Topic: Hey Kamloops ice fisherman.  (Read 2345 times)

Offline bcbill

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey Kamloops ice fisherman.
« on: Dec 05, 2006, 01:55 AM »
Hello fellow ice fisherman.Any one fish the Kamloops area and if so have you been out yet.any reports on ice conditions?

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
Re: Hey Kamloops ice fisherman.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2006, 02:13 AM »
Welcome to the best Icefishing site around BCbill. Pull up a bucket and sit awhile ;D
I go down there for the Shumway derby but the last time I was there was about 3 years ago. There was a couple guys on here from your neck of the woods but on here very infrequently. Please let me know if they are planning on having the derby this year.
Check back in this BC section and you will see a couple people from down that way ;D

Offline bcbill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2006, 10:38 AM »
Thanks for the welcome TGF.I will let you Know about the Shumway tourney as soon as I hear.Most of the members are up your neck of the woods but hopefully we can get some interest going down this way around Kamloops too.It is never too late to meet new fishing partners.Take care and stay on the right side of the ice.

Offline cl733

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2006, 09:35 AM »
Edith,horseshoe,black,and all the lakes thruout the rochechain are frozen,catching some decent brookies in black and horseshoe,and ive seen some 4lb trout come out of each of them too,so i would be guessing everything is iced over as well,the brookies are slow biting this year but are coming out of the hole a bit bigger this year

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2006, 09:59 AM »
Heh welcome back cl733. Hope to see you on here more. Thanks for posting on Kamloops area ;D

Offline cl733

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2006, 11:08 AM »
Its been tough around here,first it froze just about enough to get on it,then warmed up and snowed on breaking up and insulating the thin ice but now we have some lakes with 6" of good ice and alot of them with a couple of 2" layers withslush between,good enough to walk on but im checking closely before i take the snowmobile on it,Ill try this im gonna post 2 brookies picts i got in the last couple of days if i remember how

I didnt have my scale when i caught the male but the female was 3lb 13oz   really slow fishing for them compared to years gone past,I did see some whales down the hole that made my hands almost start shaking,there are trout in this lake too,i have seen them caught to4.5 lbs myself and heard stories to 5.5lb and of course the odd one swimming by that looked to double digits.This is one of my brookie lakes i always start fishing with every year and the size of the fish is biggest that ive caught  from it but nowhere the size the lake has produced in not to past years,I usually just use a white ice fly with a piece of shrimp,but have stooped to try power bait with about as good of luck but i need to try something else here,the fish are playing with me,my see to hookup ratio is like 5%,has anyone got something else to try for the brookies because im getting the feeling that i have to go back tomorrow and go another round with them and would like to increase my odds before the brookie season is over

Offline cl733

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2006, 11:22 AM »
Ive done that before but for the life of me i cant remember how do do it ...fill me in

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 06, 2006, 11:26 AM »
I changed it for you. Check your PMs ;D
Nice FAT Brookies. Great shots :thumbsup:

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #8 on: Dec 06, 2006, 01:16 PM »
Whooo! Fatties!

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

Offline fish-slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Go big or go home.
« Reply #9 on: Dec 06, 2006, 04:47 PM »
Nice brookie's keep the pic's coming. ;D :o
TEAM BC

Offline salmoncandy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 08, 2006, 11:52 PM »
I would love to see some fat brookies like that around here.
Nice pics

Offline PGKris

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Iceshanty Trout King
« Reply #11 on: Dec 09, 2006, 02:23 AM »
They are around. You just gotta know where. Few and far between as fat as that though.

2007 Lake Trout Champion. Bring it on!

"I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude"
-Thoreau

Offline bcbill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 10, 2006, 12:34 PM »
Very nice Brookies.If I ever get off work and get out fishing I will keep you posted.

Offline cl733

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 10, 2006, 01:28 PM »
bc bill i didnt see them but heard from people that were migrating from lake to lake around roche that were catching up to 4.5 lb brookies and trout in horseshoe and black lake,somebody even took the effort to drive into the back side of bog with a low clearance vehicle,chewing all the way thru the snow,but numerous vehicles into black,i was out on wednesday to my fav spot and didnt even see 1 brookie in 5 hrs of fishing,seen alot of small trout but no catchables,dont know if the passing of the full moon slowed things down or if the fish are starting to shut down,i meant to fish all day but my pappy tripped coming out of his ice tent landing on his hole cleaning out spoon just about cutting his finger off(9stitches)

Offline bcbill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 13, 2006, 08:12 PM »
Hey cl733 good to see you are making it out fishing i can not seem to get many days off work.Hopefully around X-mas,I'll keep you posted. Sorry to hear about your Pappy hope that was not his jigging finger !This may sound crazy but I keep crazy glue in my first-aid kit just for such emergencies.Helpful if you are way out in the bush.Keep on the right side of the ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.