The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Fishing Ponds  (Read 1299 times)

Offline hotdam12

• IceShanty Rookie
Fishing Ponds
« on: Jan 31, 2007, 09:48 AM »
I am new to the state living down here in Hardin, I found a pond yesterday with good ice and was curious what types of fish might be present and what types of bait are used.  I am originally from Indiana, so I am used to catching bluegill and crappie on beemoths and spikes. Would that work here in Montana also?  Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Offline Montana Trout Slayer

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Fishing Ponds
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2007, 12:11 PM »
I'm with ya!  That pond is pretty nasty if ya ask me but some nice fishing forsure!  Most of those trout are without fins which keeps me away from eating them!  The other day we actually caught three bass that were all around 14 inches and well over a pound and i was blown away! Prior to that the biggest bass I had caught was right around 8-9 inches.. :-\

Offline Montana Trout Slayer

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Fishing Ponds
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2007, 02:04 PM »
Hey Jigmaster.... You have any other little places like the pond that are fairly close to town that you would be willing to share with me!!?  There is only so much bozo pond a guy can take without getting to spoiled!  I try to hit the lakes around here on the weekends but there all an hour or more away..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.