Author Topic: Buzz rod  (Read 1580 times)

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
Buzz rod
« on: Dec 26, 2007, 11:31 AM »
Anyone use a buzz rod? Supposed to emit pulses down the line to the lure, giving it action. Seems like a good idea if the batteries last. Just wondering if anyone tried one.

Spike
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Buzz rod
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2007, 01:01 PM »
post this on the general forum. I know I have heard reviews about this rod somewhere here.

Offline WhackMaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2007, 09:32 AM »
my uncle has one he uses for crappies. he doesn't catch any more on it than any other plain rod... hype i think.

Offline fishstalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2007, 09:45 AM »
The thing is a piece of junk! I used mine for the first time and after 30 min the motor died!

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2007, 09:50 AM »
it looks and feels like a piece of junk to me, I have not used on on the ice but held one in a local shop, the rod is $45 around me, and it not a great rod, you are paying for a little push button that vibrates the tip...I highly doubt that it improves anyones catch

Offline Fishin is the Mission

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 27, 2007, 10:12 AM »
I bought three of them off of E-Bay for $5.00.  I tried them out at home and I wasn't overly impressed.  I put on my teardrop jig and lowered it into my bait tank so I could see the action.  Nothing!  The vibrations do not transmit down the line to the bait.  I tried using mono, braid, and florocarbon and got the same results.  It seems more like a gimmick to catch fishermen than to catch fish.

Still can't beat three rods for $5.00 so I'm going to remove the motors and batteries and just use them like regular jigging rods.  Just my thoughts.
Thanks, Dad, for taking the time to show me how to fish!!

Chuck

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 27, 2007, 11:15 AM »
I bought three of them off of E-Bay for $5.00.  I tried them out at home and I wasn't overly impressed.  I put on my teardrop jig and lowered it into my bait tank so I could see the action.  Nothing!  The vibrations do not transmit down the line to the bait.  I tried using mono, braid, and florocarbon and got the same results.  It seems more like a gimmick to catch fishermen than to catch fish.

Still can't beat three rods for $5.00 so I'm going to remove the motors and batteries and just use them like regular jigging rods.  Just my thoughts.

Thanks for the replies. It almost caught me, lol. It's always good to be able to ask questions about a product before you buy it. Forums usually let you do that.
I was on another ice fishing site asking questions about some problems I've had with my otter shack skins (on my 3rd one now). I was just trying to get a feel for if the problems were wide spread or if I had particulairly bad luck. They locked my account so fast your head would spin. In email I asked why and was told they didn't want to be Otters customer complaint board. I didn't complain, I had just asked if anyone else had the same problems. That was it. ?????? Anyway I promised not to post about it anymore and they reactivated my account. Now I still wonder how wide spread the problems were and some poor soul will eneter that site ask if the product is any good and go buy one with the chance that the product is having issues but nobody can find that out because of posting policy's. They don't seem to mind when you post something good or ask if a particulair product is any good or not (not sure how'd they react to a negative response, hmmmmmm), but just try to post about something is having issues and watch out!

Spike
Live Free or Die state
We do have a freedom of speach right???
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.