Author Topic: Newfound conditions  (Read 981 times)

Offline huntr-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Newfound conditions
« on: Dec 26, 2007, 09:07 AM »
Has anyone checked on Newfound lately ?  I used to fish it late season but  would appreciate any early season access points or tips  . THANKS
There must be a twelve step program for this

Offline newfoundpleasure

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Newfound conditions
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2007, 03:58 PM »
I didn't drill any holes, but I was out on the ice close to shore.  Seemed fairly thick. From the Inn on Newfound North, nothin but water.  From that point South, all Ice but not sure how thick.  some good places to fish if going for Rainbows in shallow close to shore water.  Hopefully nights are cold enough to hold the ice that's out there.

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2007, 07:48 AM »
has anyone fished for the round white fish that I hear about all the time in that lake?

Offline newfoundpleasure

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2007, 06:55 AM »
I woke up this mornin to see 2 houses today off westshore boat launch. This rain though has opened up an 8x8 hole smack dab in the center of Bristol Bay.  I'm going back south to finish the bobhouse today or tomorrow.  I'll bring back the hand auger and drill a couple holes Sunday or Monday.
I'll let you know what I find then.  Unless anyone else can chime in.  Come Jan. 1st, because of iffy ice, I'll be fishing somewhere in 3ft. shallow water close to shore going for Rainbows.
Update:
I took the dog for a walk this morning and ran into fishngame officer.  He didn't check, but says the guys with the houses off Westshore launch are claiming 6".
I also see that the open water spot I saw this morning is now closed again. 
Bring on some cold nights.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.