Author Topic: 19 Mile Bay Report  (Read 7700 times)

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 19 Mile Bay Report
« Reply #30 on: Feb 20, 2017, 04:59 PM »
************Saturday report*********

Snow was DEEP.... Luckily we did not have any slush underneath like others are reporting! Was tough going with the ATV but we made it, it took sometime to break trail but once we did that it was easy going the rest of the day. Slow fishing but a beautiful day out on the ice non the less. 18" of solid ice under the house BUT I am worried about the launch breaking up... Unfortunately it looks like Saturday the house is coming off can't risk it... Hopefully the snow melts/packs down and moving houses is not to much of an issue!
\
Nice report thanks for the updates on snow, slush and ice.  :tipup:
Salmonemia

Offline PDubs/NH

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Feb 20, 2017, 05:03 PM »
I understand taking off your shack but the launch usually isn't an issue. There isn't much water right there at the beach. You can go quite a ways and it's only a foot or two. Winters not over yet. Once the snow settles it'll be great out there

Next weekend's derby plans have changed... I was hoping to get onto Winni but have no desire to try and walk to where I like to go off 19...  :-\

Offline Nitro16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 20, 2017, 05:48 PM »
Next weekend's derby plans have changed... I was hoping to get onto Winni but have no desire to try and walk to where I like to go off 19...  :-\
I don't think you should have a problem with your wheeler. I know a few locals I can call next week and check conditions. Not sure I'm gonna make it up this weekend
Born to fish, forced to work....

Offline FishGuy603

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Togue1
« Reply #33 on: Feb 20, 2017, 07:31 PM »
Nice! That ones got some battle scars on it

Offline babydoodle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Feb 21, 2017, 01:40 PM »
many shacks left out there? my buddy has one next to whortleberry island. But its heavy and not very agile in the deep stuff, please post ive conditions he thinks its gonna go through before he can get it off. And does anybody know if its legal to pull it over to the island for the season I doubt it but worth a shot.

Offline TeamNHCBK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Feb 21, 2017, 02:23 PM »
many shacks left out there? my buddy has one next to whortleberry island. But its heavy and not very agile in the deep stuff, please post ive conditions he thinks its gonna go through before he can get it off. And does anybody know if its legal to pull it over to the island for the season I doubt it but worth a shot.

There are still a bunch of shacks out there. Not knowing where exactly your buddies shack is, I highly doubt it'd go through as there is lot of ice over there still. He should have pulled it off this morning, I was on the snowmobile this morning and it was easy going! All the slush froze and it was nice! Later in the week looks worse, I'd imagine by the weekend it's all going to be a mess again. The launch has the 10ft hole open again. Easy to get around, but I'd imagine a pain to get a hard side out. I would highly doubt you could pull a shack onto the island.
NH's Premiere Hunting and Fishing Team

Offline PDubs/NH

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Feb 21, 2017, 03:59 PM »
There are still a bunch of shacks out there. Not knowing where exactly your buddies shack is, I highly doubt it'd go through as there is lot of ice over there still. He should have pulled it off this morning, I was on the snowmobile this morning and it was easy going! All the slush froze and it was nice! Later in the week looks worse, I'd imagine by the weekend it's all going to be a mess again. The launch has the 10ft hole open again. Easy to get around, but I'd imagine a pain to get a hard side out. I would highly doubt you could pull a shack onto the island.

thanks for the update... I knew this morning would be good with the cold last night... damn job!!!!!

Offline BuKhUnT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Feb 22, 2017, 02:28 PM »

My shack is next to his! We will be there Saturday & Sunday taking the hard sides off, we will also be fishing! We will have 1 ATV and 2 Snowmobiles more then willing to lend a hand and get it to safety... With 18-20" of ice I wouldn't be worried about it going through mainly the edges and the hole at the launch... Look at next weeks forecast back to winter again!!! I have the Clear shack and my buddy has the Green one they are side by side come see us if you need help....
Scott P.

Offline babydoodle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Feb 22, 2017, 05:28 PM »
 ;D Thanks Scott, my buddies  has the corrugated steel siding and sits on a trailer. probably 200 yds from whortleberry.

Offline TeamNHCBK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Feb 22, 2017, 09:08 PM »
My guess would be after Sunday night, we might be back to glare ice. Snow melt due to rain and warm temps this weekend, then a freeze at night for almost all next week. Travel may be getting better! Here's hoping!
NH's Premiere Hunting and Fishing Team

Offline BuKhUnT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Feb 26, 2017, 05:26 AM »
Yikes!!!!! Saturday was a mad house... BUT the fishing was good after we got the "hard work" done! My self as well as my buddy and brother we're on the launch @ 5am (first ones there) which is littered with hard sides minimal parking... The launch is garbage busted up slushy and 2ft of water 200 yards out. We made it out to the houses slushy and messy a lot of water as well as black holes everywhere (old holes are opening up) very sketchy.. Took us about 2 hours to get the houses to the launch and on the trailers!!! What a mess! By 9am the parking lot was loaded with fellow fisherman with the same idea the water was swirling holes and pooling everywhere total slush feet, we managed a few lakers and a solid white perch that nailed a laker jig without hesitation! There was 1 house left off chases point, "white" believe they are from MA and windham they never showed and it is half in the drink attempted to get close and cut it free to get it to high ground but 2ft of slush and water around it made it impossible.. .No number or info on the house to call???? And they never showed all day, not good! Stay safe folks!
Scott P.

Offline Nitro16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Feb 26, 2017, 12:55 PM »
Glad you got your house off... Not surprised with the guys from mass. They almost lost one there last year. They only show up for the derby. If it goes in maybe they will learn their lesson.  They tend to show up on Sundays so maybe they came today if they were smart

Offline PDubs/NH

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Feb 26, 2017, 02:53 PM »
Yikes!!!!! Saturday was a mad house... BUT the fishing was good after we got the "hard work" done! My self as well as my buddy and brother we're on the launch @ 5am (first ones there) which is littered with hard sides minimal parking... The launch is garbage busted up slushy and 2ft of water 200 yards out. We made it out to the houses slushy and messy a lot of water as well as black holes everywhere (old holes are opening up) very sketchy.. Took us about 2 hours to get the houses to the launch and on the trailers!!! What a mess! By 9am the parking lot was loaded with fellow fisherman with the same idea the water was swirling holes and pooling everywhere total slush feet, we managed a few lakers and a solid white perch that nailed a laker jig without hesitation! There was 1 house left off chases point, "white" believe they are from MA and windham they never showed and it is half in the drink attempted to get close and cut it free to get it to high ground but 2ft of slush and water around it made it impossible.. .No number or info on the house to call???? And they never showed all day, not good! Stay safe folks!

Glad you got the shacks off safe and sound.   Did you leave them at the lot or pack them back home?

Offline BuKhUnT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Feb 26, 2017, 03:03 PM »
Glad you got your house off... Not surprised with the guys from mass. They almost lost one there last year. They only show up for the derby. If it goes in maybe they will learn their lesson.  They tend to show up on Sundays so maybe they came today if they were smart

That is them, I met them during the derby this year... Oh well!!
Scott P.

Offline BuKhUnT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Feb 26, 2017, 03:04 PM »
Glad you got the shacks off safe and sound.   Did you leave them at the lot or pack them back home?

Unfortunately they are home.. BUT that doesn't mean fishing is over! LOL
Scott P.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #45 on: Feb 27, 2017, 04:36 AM »
There is still one house left..right in front of my camp..ghost town yesterday as the wind sounded like a train coming into the bay
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline BuKhUnT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Feb 27, 2017, 07:45 AM »
There is still one house left..right in front of my camp..ghost town yesterday as the wind sounded like a train coming into the bay

Are you off chases point? Is the house a white one half in the drink?
Scott P.

Offline Nitro16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Feb 27, 2017, 10:38 AM »

Are you off chases point? Is the house a white one half in the drink?
I believe he's in the bay itself not out past the islands

Offline BuKhUnT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Feb 27, 2017, 10:52 AM »
I believe he's in the bay itself not out past the islands

Right on..
Scott P.

Offline FalcoJP

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Feb 27, 2017, 12:51 PM »
Sounds like a great day fishing out there!
JP

I have a hard time talking to people, unless its about fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.