Author Topic: INDIANA NEEDS HELP....ICE SHANTY.com BEING BASHED!!  (Read 13000 times)

Offline PCB

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: INDIANA NEEDS HELP....ICE SHANTY.com BEING BASHED!!
« Reply #90 on: Apr 05, 2008, 12:11 AM »
little warning... guilty of TWI for any posts within the past 20 min... sorry it happens
'Its either me or ice fishing' she says... i still have my jiffy

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #91 on: Apr 05, 2008, 06:24 AM »
little warning... guilty of TWI for any posts within the past 20 min... sorry it happens

i don't have the internet at home. thank god! 2 of my friends ( IS members ) would like to see me TWI . not a chance! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #92 on: Apr 05, 2008, 09:14 AM »
 If you guys want to be Quoted in Mr p's articles you will have to change your monikers to some thing more along the lines of "Killthemall" or his favorite "Riverscum".
 This is sensational writing at best. Being Diplomatic when calling some one names is still insulting
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline MnSportsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Striper/White Bass, 3+lbs, Put back down the hole
« Reply #93 on: Apr 05, 2008, 11:21 AM »
PCB .... TWI, now that theres funny lol
;)
   - My Best Hunting & Fishing partner..... 21,Jan.98 - 8,May.07......RIP... We'll be together again.... 

Good Luck!! &  "Watch Your Bobber!"

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #94 on: Apr 06, 2008, 03:43 AM »
well, cindy responded to my note. said she can't go on the ice because of health reasons. i never said to go ice fishing! i said she should go to iceshanty.com and see what we are about, that we are not all fish hogs. she never came on the site! blah-blah-blah!

Thank you for your note. As to beating a dead horse, I told Jim last weekthat if we printed this last column, that would be it, no more, subjectclosed. As for the catch and release thing, this is where I standpersonally: my husband and all his friends regularly catch dozens of fishat a time. In fact this past week as the ise thawed, they stood on thebank of our lake place, catching upwards of 140 crappie, bluegill & perchover a 2-day period. Some they kept -- about 4 dozen -- and the rest theythrew back. The kept portion goes in the freezer for group fish fries.Then my husband, who is retired, stood out on the bank for three days in arow casting, casting, casting. Each time he came in, he said he'd caughtabout a dozen. When I said, "Where's my bluegill?" he'd say "I threw 'emall back." Then finally the day before yesterday he and a couple friendswere out there doing some serious fishing again. They hauled in 50, Ithink they said -- and they kept them all, except for 6, which my husbandfileted and put in a bowl for me to eat this weekend while he's at aLegionnaires convention in Indy. And, yes, they've done likewise out thereon those shanties. Sometimes they bring in Jim's definition of a fish hogload. Other times they just go with the pure joy of the catch & throw themback, whether it's into the ice or water. Me, I like to fish when it'swarm. But I have rheumatoid arthritis and asthma and those two thingsdon't set well with cold air. So I stay in the house when it's coldoutside. But I do appreciate your note.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline MnSportsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Striper/White Bass, 3+lbs, Put back down the hole
« Reply #95 on: Apr 06, 2008, 11:13 AM »
That response to you, my friend pooley, ;) is what I see as calling a "truce". It appears Mrs. Bevington no longer wants Mr. Phillips to "spout off" on his opinions about this issue. And since she is the outdoors editor, I think we should wait & see if she "stays the course", & doesn't allow him to print this crap in this E-zine/newpaper articles  any longer. I would say that we & any who helped, were successful, since she has basically "censored" or "censured" Mr. Phillips..
All in all. I think it's great this has happened!
:D

P.S.- of course there are a few that would have liked to see him lose his job, but shutting down his "opinion" , is prolly making Mr. Phillips angry & possibly angry enuff to look for employment elsewhere..;)
   - My Best Hunting & Fishing partner..... 21,Jan.98 - 8,May.07......RIP... We'll be together again.... 

Good Luck!! &  "Watch Your Bobber!"

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • YA JUST GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!
« Reply #96 on: Apr 06, 2008, 11:37 AM »
The first article shouldn't have been printed let alone this one.  Mr's B in my opion is co-signing Mr. P's behavior by allowing this name calling and one sided, non researched article to be printed. In being the Editor you are responsible for what gets printed I thought. I understand most of that article is Mr.P's personal thoughts so why doesn't Mr's B let someone who has a diffent point of view print a article??   I'm sure She could comprise one from all the email and posts they have received from us and other sportsmen. Or why doesn't Mr's B print Her email that was sent in response to Mr. P's article??  Notice in His article one of the first things he says is about not speaking about the two fisherman??  Thats cause HE knew he was wrong!!!   A article written with a apology would have been better then lashing out and writing the article he did write. The article starts with wanting to teach.......Mr.P who do you think your teaching???  PETA??   
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught.....just remember them being BIGGER!!

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.