Author Topic: shanty protection  (Read 12421 times)

GEM_EYE_GUY

Re: shanty protection
« Reply #60 on: Nov 22, 2005, 03:34 PM »

Actually,  we line the little kids up directly behind the minnow bucket so we can have better target acquisition.  **censored** DUDE! 

Why do you suppose it is that when I read this, I had the mental picture of Stan from South Park saying it? 
Laughed so hard I almost peed my pants.

Offline shrub

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The secret to fishing: Fish where the fish are!
« Reply #61 on: Nov 22, 2005, 03:53 PM »
Why do you suppose it is that when I read this, I had the mental picture of Stan from South Park saying it? 
Laughed so hard I almost peed my pants.

same here.

Betty and Lucey say "HI"!

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #62 on: Nov 22, 2005, 04:10 PM »
i have been following this thread since the beginnig. it seems to me that while the thread is titled shanty protection, the topic is more about carrying a weapon for personal protection. if you are a person who does so you probably carry icefishing for the same reasons you would anywhere else. to protect yourself from the worst case scenario. and that could unfold anywhere. i dont carry, i dont even own a sidearm but thank god i can if i want to  ;)

Offline cnyfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gotta love the perch fillets!!
« Reply #63 on: Nov 22, 2005, 05:03 PM »
Capt- sorry If I offended you. The Second Amendment means a lot to me also. The only reason that I said that "I hope you were away from people" is because I did not know that it was a low power gun you have, and I have heard of some people using the high power BB guns on the ice and getting people injured by stray BBs. The definition that I quoted was the first one that  popped up. I know that it is only an internet chat room, and I was only expressing an opinion and making a couple of statements. As I said before, sorry if I offended you and good luck to you ice fishing this year  :tipup:
"Let them take it... till the minnows good and took. Ya reel up all your slack, then ya set your hook."

Offline scottly0

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chicken Little
« Reply #64 on: Nov 22, 2005, 06:32 PM »
You guys keep a lawyer fish in business.  Carry on

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #65 on: Nov 22, 2005, 06:51 PM »
You guys keep a lawyer fish in business. 

A lawyer fish ???  Never landed me one of them.

Maybe out of professional courtesy the sharks warn them of the hook?  ;D

Tight Lines:

"I will never stop targeting trophies, every skunk is one skunk closer to a giant "  RC

"We're going to sit around the shanty mama...."  Johnathan Edwards

"If you are going out there to figure it all out by yourself, well, ice has a
 learning curve second only to fire. I wish you the best of luck."    Looneyducer

Offline gunner1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #66 on: Nov 22, 2005, 07:18 PM »
" a BB gun can be consitered a fire arm....which is a A portable gun"

Let's try the first definition shall we:

"fire·arm   Audio pronunciation of "firearm" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (frärm)
n.

A weapon, especially a pistol or rifle, capable of firing a projectile and using an explosive charge as a propellant."

And that is the Mass. laws interpretation as well.  You don't need a license for one Etc.

If I JB Weld it to a large rock with a swivel mount would it no longer be consitered a "fire arm"?

"I don't think that moving is going to solve your problems."

Moving to NY wouldn't because it is about the only state in the North East that has more insane gun laws than Mass.

If I was being "hassled" by an EPO for shooting a BB gun on the lake I would certainly back off for fear of being charged with something like "reckless use or discharge of a weapon"

We weren't even using it at the time.  It looks a little like a real hand gun so we informed him that we had a bb gun and it was sitting on top of the basket so if he saw it he would not feel threatend.  We said no problem and that we would put it away.

"I'm not trying to wreck your fun, but I hope that you were a good distance away from everyone else for safety"

Actually,  we line the little kids up directly behind the minnow bucket so we can have better target acquisition.  **censored** DUDE! 

The lake we were on at the time had exactly zero other occupants.

I know that I'm comming down heavy on you but the second amendment means a little something to me and I don't like what I have been seeing in my state.  And also remember, we are talking about a "fire arm" that, if you fired it directly in to your palm at point blank range, would cause no perminent damage. I hope I don't offend you.  Remember that it's just an internet chat room and I mean you no ill will and wish you many flags.

(Image removed from quote.)

I know for a FACT that here in NY, an air pistol/rifle IS cinsidered a firearm! I asked DEC .

Offline cnyfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gotta love the perch fillets!!
« Reply #67 on: Nov 22, 2005, 09:05 PM »
I hope this thread doesn't get sent to the Grumpy Old Men Shanty  :whistle:
"Let them take it... till the minnows good and took. Ya reel up all your slack, then ya set your hook."

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #68 on: Nov 22, 2005, 10:24 PM »
i never said anything about full auto i was talking about a glock pistol wiht a aftermarket hi-cap mag, like this one     http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=137761           the only gun control laws in V.T are federl laws. it is legal to own a full auto or select fire if you have the goverment issued permit, somewhat hard to get. i would like to get one someday. i really dont understand the reason for the permits, crimanls get thema anyway ???

THIS IS WHAT YOU POSTED
                                                                                                                                "i love vermont, i can carry a full auto glock with a 22 round hi cap mag. gotta lov V.T no permits no questions asked."

You VERY cleary stated FULL AUTO GLOCK,Am I correct?

stump

Offline shrub

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The secret to fishing: Fish where the fish are!
« Reply #69 on: Nov 23, 2005, 08:58 AM »
THIS IS WHAT YOU POSTED
                                                                                                                                "i love vermont, i can carry a full auto glock with a 22 round hi cap mag. gotta lov V.T no permits no questions asked."

You VERY cleary stated FULL AUTO GLOCK,Am I correct?

stump

oh srry about that guys, i didnt notice it typed that, you guys are correct one that one.

Betty and Lucey say "HI"!

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #70 on: Nov 23, 2005, 09:21 AM »
Really guys,the 357 is for self protection while sleeping on the ice. My shack goes where I go.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Mason-Dixon - Crappie beware!
« Reply #71 on: Nov 23, 2005, 10:58 AM »
Lot's of beans and a Mr. Buddy heater is all ya need.  Nobody will mess with ya. ;D
Kevin Wilson
http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Don't Leave Fish to Find Fish!

GEM_EYE_GUY

« Reply #72 on: Nov 23, 2005, 11:33 AM »
Or maybe a MOAT around your shanty. (ala MNburbot's avatar)

Offline Big Dawg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Nov 23, 2005, 03:30 PM »
fat boy, there are some things that should go unsaid.   ;)  and to the "concerned" people of ICESHANTY.COM, i dont drink so dont worry about me consuming and carrying. 
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.