Author Topic: Check out my shanty. Has anyone ever seen one of thesse?? can't find any info  (Read 14706 times)

Offline bwana72

• Team IceShanty Regular
OMG that is so stinking cute. Sorry my girl came out. I want it  want one..........  ::) ::) ;D
Its o.k....I had the same reaction....I want one too !!
Good Things Come To Those Who Bait

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
Pretty cool setup! Thanks for sharing.
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
Great shanty. Love seeing the vintage stuff from ice fishing past.

Offline shanksyamaha

• IceShanty Rookie
Thanks for all the compliments everyone..  We're getting ready to head out right now, I've got the shanty hooked to the weapon and we are heading over to star lake to see if we can snag some rainbows..  There are some really nice trout in that lake...  Hopefully I'll have some fish pics later today..

Offline Fishin Friesz

• Team IceShanty Regular
I need a secret weapon like that ;D

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
Master Laker taker.

Offline TeeBugg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
That thing is sweet!
"Quit whining and go fishing!"

Offline Ice Sergeant

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I would have waited.......
Very Neat!!!  I would use one for sure!!!

Offline emtorn

• Team IceShanty Addict
That thing is COOL. Looks like a project for me in the future sure I could figure out how to build one.

Offline nocod

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline bridgedoctor

• Team IceShanty Regular
Your shanty looks like the granddaddy of the Canadian made N-Ice Shack: www.niceshack.com

Offline P Meyette

• Team IceShanty Maniac
some one need s to start making them again i would love to have that set up

Offline Mikefix

• IceShanty Rookie
Cool secret weapon . Here are some of my weapons , old and new

Offline mricefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
That is a sweet shack.  I bet it was the envy of everyone on the lake back in the day.  Would beat the 5 gal pail any day lol

Offline nocod

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I saw another one on lake simcoe on saturday,I still want one ;D.

Offline soaknwet

• IceShanty Rookie
One of my cousins bought a full-size camper of the same design back in the early sixties from either Montgomery Wards or Sears. That thing is really sweet. I bet it's hard to keep your secret weapon a secret once you hit the ice. Nice sled.
The river goes on forever and the fishing never ends.........

Offline pastaboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FISH - ON!
COOL SHANTY! I also like your secret weapon for getting your equipment onto the ice! Looks like you got it all figured out! :tipup:

Offline bud

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • never put off till tom. what you can catch today!
Believe it or not I see the modern version of this being pulled by a bike last summer at Stillwater State park in Vt. last summer!
BUD

Offline getn jiggy

• IceShanty Rookie
that is really cool!!  did you buy it or was it in the family?
would make an awesome sleeper for overniters!!

Way kool, I like the sleeper aspect also, little nappy time when it's slow won't hurt. ;D
45/70 Govt./ The only Govt. to be trusted.

Offline Rev800x

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey , just some info that might help you ......

Your ride lite snow camper is just how it come from the factory. The color , canvas , skis, beds, table, flooring, ice fishing holes and covers , hitch are all original. My snow camper is identical to yours. I purchased mine from a guy who had it in his garage loft for years (a long time lol) He told me it was never used, just moved around and as it seemed always in the way. He said he bought it from a person who was apparently the supplier or builder (family) ( he couldnt remember ) and this was the last one they had. They had it laying around for years also . He told me that they said they were made in the late sixtys till ?? He said that mine is a 68 but how do you know??? Anyway they were not a converted thing but made just the way yours is (as is mine) . Also so I've been told , that they came in different colors on the body for different brands of snowmobiles. Don't know only seen yellow and a black one that was  repainted for sure . That's four I had seen now!!! They are quite the unit and it always gets people's attention when I take it out, expecially behind my 74 Skidoo Elite side by side twin track snowmobile!!! hope this helps!! Enjoy it !!!!!!!

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
@Rev800x
was just reading this cool post to find your first post, is really nice, to join us here to help out with info like that!
i appreciate it and i don't even have one.
makes one think of old'n days and why don't we do more for the sport with the machines we have today.
thanks a lot!

Offline PaperMouthPersuer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Sweet Shanty!!

Offline Moonman

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey Shanksy,

A couple questions about your shanty. I was wondering about the metal conduit/leg that folds down to hold up the plywood seats. Is there some kind of lockng mechanism to ensure they dont move and have those seats collapse? Also, since there is only one leg per side, do you find the plywood bending at the ends at all? Seems a guy sitting near the ends of the shanty would not have much holding up his weight.....maybe two legs per side would be better?

Thanks and sweet secret weapon!

Moonman.

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
Very unique. Very cool!!!

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline icefishman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Dude that things awesome!!
Catching Any?

Offline IDAHOAUGER

• Team IceShanty Regular
Very very nice!!
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.  ~Doug Larson

Offline twincities86

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Yea buddy
Holy cow! you would think if a person could afford a machine like that, you could upgrade your shanty a little. Lol oh my gosh that wheeler is nice.
KCCO

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
That's a cool shanty.  I never saw one before but if I came across one I'd be bringing it home.  HAHAHA

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yelling at the fish on my screen
wow thanks for sharing never seen anything like that before

Offline muskegtractor

• IceShanty Rookie
i`ve never seen another one either registered to the forum to show you these  i have pics don't know if i can post them

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.