Author Topic: Nightmare  (Read 1739 times)

Offline smontague

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Flag up, ass down
Nightmare
« on: Feb 01, 2011, 10:41 AM »
I had one of the worst dreams ever last night.

I dreamt that for some reason, I had decided to ice fish in my yard. I ended up using my brand new auger, to drill through gravel to the ice underneath to the water. In the dream, I remember drilling 2 holes, and then having to stop, as my blades were finished. Apparently in the dream, I was going to a tourney the next day, and needed to find new blades for my auger, but every store I went to was either closed or didn`t have them. I was freaking out.

Anyways, I woke up in a panic when my alarm went off this morning. And, just to be safe, I went out to my garage before work to check that my auger had its blade covers on, and wasn`t dull as crap.

I am happy to report, that all is well. ;D

Anyone else ever have any weird dreams like that?

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Nightmare
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2011, 10:44 AM »
Oh man....if one of my buddies told me that story, I'd be in his yard today boring a hole and putting a tip up it, LMAO.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2011, 10:54 AM »
If this happens again, switch beers, take two aspirin, and call me in the morning.  ;D
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline BigRock947

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2011, 11:05 AM »
I had a couple of Ice Fishing Nightmares before the season started but all is well...at least until Thursday night when I leave on an ice fishing trip Friday. :o

Offline toadly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2011, 11:25 AM »
Thats better than dreaming you are a chicken that layed eggs all night only to be woke up by your wife slapping your head and saying you **** the bed.. {;>)
old joke!!

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Arctic Armor, it's not just for ice fishing!!!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2011, 11:37 AM »
I have weird dreams like that whenever I drink whiskey, then eat chili dogs for supper and have strawberry ice cream for dessert. :P
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish... author unknown

Bullelk34

« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2011, 08:40 PM »
I've had similar dreams too bud- fishing in the front yard, hunting out of the office window, etc. Kinda like GCD, it usually happens after I eat something right before bed, namely chocolate. And for some reason I've had a recurring dream since I was a kid, hunting these opossum/bat looking things by a run down barn on a hill. And we don't even have opossums here!

Offline fishin machine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2011, 09:50 PM »
Oh man....if one of my buddies told me that story, I'd be in his yard today boring a hole and putting a tip up it, LMAO.

I think you might have a warped sense of humor.
ME TOO!!
 That is just funny!!!
If your gonna be dumb, You gotta be tough.

Offline SISIF

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ^ Every good and perfect gift is from above.
« Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 2011, 09:57 PM »
I've had multiple dreams where I'm either fishing in a very very deep pond in the backyard, or through holes in the yard, garage, or house.
And he said to them, “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.” -Matthew 4:19

Offline Tipup Marathon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yay fishing
« Reply #9 on: Feb 01, 2011, 10:07 PM »
2 nights ago I had a dream that I finally had a flag, and when I pulled the fish out, it was actually an eel.  I have all kinds of nightmares like that.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #10 on: Feb 01, 2011, 10:55 PM »
I dreamt that my fishing rod broke into three peices on the biggest fish of what not... ;)
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline danceswmuskys

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Eat more sea kittens. It's what's for supper.
Re: Sugar/Crawford
« Reply #11 on: Feb 02, 2011, 01:07 AM »
I had a dream i was in my shanty eating shredded wheat and angel food cake when i woke up part of my mattress was gone.

Offline danceswmuskys

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Eat more sea kittens. It's what's for supper.
« Reply #12 on: Feb 02, 2011, 01:10 AM »
Just kidding.

Offline Hooligan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 02, 2011, 03:39 AM »
I used to have a dream about not being able to find my fly tying vises.  I've got four Dyna-King vises, and would be absolutely lost without them.  Used to freak me out so bad I'd wake up and go check on them.  Another one is being on a fly in and forgetting all my rods and tackle.

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Feb 02, 2011, 04:33 AM »
I've had similar dreams too bud- fishing in the front yard, hunting out of the office window, etc. Kinda like GCD, it usually happens after I eat something right before bed, namely chocolate. And for some reason I've had a recurring dream since I was a kid, hunting these opossum/bat looking things by a run down barn on a hill. And we don't even have opossums here!

you haven't been getting into the dandelion wine have you ;D ;D
is it wrong to be turned on by an icehole?

Offline bigfoot697

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 02, 2011, 05:09 AM »
sounds like a trip to mamby pamby land you jack wagon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gman64

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It Cant Be Time To Go Home I Still Have Bait Left!
« Reply #16 on: Feb 02, 2011, 06:14 AM »
Mine is that I am out on the ice just get set up start catching BIG fish like crazy then an ice breaking boat comes comes by and everybody has to run and leave all there stuff behind I get to shore and find that the only thing that I grabbed is my minnow bucket. I always wake up thinking why the heck didn't you at least grab your auger or polebag you bonehead!

Offline Rat-Man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 02, 2011, 07:33 AM »
I see your from Quebec, must be the nights are just to long.
LIMIT YOUR KILL - DON'T KILL YOUR LIMIT

Offline dukhnter8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 02, 2011, 07:43 AM »
Gman,
I actually had the CG Mackinaw (the old one) breaking the ice on the St. Marys river in the UP of michigan when we were ice fishing one time. We were hearing these strange noises and as it got closer the water was coming up through our holes. We beat feet and got out of there as fast as we could. We did grab all our stuff though. I think we did get a nice walleye before being chased off.

It was pretty cool seeing it, but sucked we lost a day fishing.

Offline icemantwo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Feb 02, 2011, 08:32 AM »
I sometimes dream I am ice fishing in my back yard, or that my neighborhood has flooded and I am bass fishing out of my boat.  I also had a dream once that all the animals in the woods behind my house got into my house and were trying to eat me.  Wierd stuff.
A day without fishing is a day wasted.

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Arctic Armor, it's not just for ice fishing!!!
« Reply #20 on: Feb 02, 2011, 08:42 AM »
I sometimes dream I am ice fishing in my back yard, or that my neighborhood has flooded and I am bass fishing out of my boat.  I also had a dream once that all the animals in the woods behind my house got into my house and were trying to eat me.  Wierd stuff.

Yeah, I smoked some of that stuff one time. :o
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish... author unknown

Offline benny4117

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'd Rather Be Fishing
« Reply #21 on: Feb 02, 2011, 09:20 AM »
I had a dream i was in my shanty eating shredded wheat and angel food cake when i woke up part of my mattress was gone.

LOL....good stuff

Offline Team Lightning

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Proud Gawker of the BIKINI ICE FISHING TEAM !!
« Reply #22 on: Feb 02, 2011, 05:14 PM »
Yeah, I smoked some of that stuff one time. :o

So did Bill Clinton.....but he never inhaled.......nor did he have sex with THAT woman.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #23 on: Feb 02, 2011, 06:31 PM »

So did Bill Clinton.....but he never inhaled.......nor did he have sex with THAT woman.
I had a couple shots of Wild Turkey last night, but didn't swallow. She does.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Eaglecrg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Feb 02, 2011, 08:36 PM »
I'm fairly new on this board.......some deranged people on here!   ;D

Offline Medicated

• IceShanty Rookie
  • MedicatedMike
« Reply #25 on: Feb 02, 2011, 09:54 PM »
Hey whoever is praying for SNOW please Frigging Quit NOW! ;D I need to fish more and shovel LESS!!!  ::)
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.
Doug Larson

Offline Fatfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Feb 03, 2011, 08:33 AM »
BOY,am I glad to here that I am not the only one that has dreams about icefishing. I would dream that I was making holes in the floor of the house to fish in.              Jerry

Offline northern fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dad and his littlest buddy
« Reply #27 on: Feb 03, 2011, 09:26 AM »
I have that dream about fishing in holes in the floor of my house but don't tell my wife cause she thinks the holes I did cut are for new heat ducts ::) ;)
There is nothing better than the smile on a childs face when they see the fish come up through the hole.

Offline bassbull

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #28 on: Feb 03, 2011, 09:35 AM »
Lately I been having a dream about High water come this spring.We have snow up around our ears right now.BAD NEWS FOR ALL....

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Feb 03, 2011, 09:37 AM »
before this season started i dreamed i caught a crappie that beat the state record, but they wouldn't let me weigh it because it wasn't registered.  ??? :cookoo:
what a dream

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.