Author Topic: 6" 24 v lithium strikemaster  (Read 2135 times)

Offline Pool9plumber

• IceShanty Rookie
6" 24 v lithium strikemaster
« on: Dec 03, 2023, 04:55 PM »
Lookin to step up and loose the dewalt hand drill.  Found some new below $400.

Panfish mainly.

Thoughts?

Offline Splattypus

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 6" 24 v lithium strikemaster
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2023, 08:10 PM »
Go the 8". So worth it
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.

Offline bigvfb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2023, 08:43 PM »
i got a brand new ion 8 in electric auger from up north sports for arounf 360

Offline Sven936

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2023, 09:49 PM »
I have the 8” version for a couple years.  I has been great for me so far. 

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2023, 06:57 AM »
I have the 6”, it was a little less $$ than th 8” and gets more holes per battery. 6” is enough for the panfish I’m after, I with they made the magnetic cover fir it like they have for the 8”

Offline Minner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2023, 09:41 AM »
I wouldn't trade my 8" lite-flite auger and Dewalt drill for the World, far superior to anything else out there that is ice fishing specific.

Lighter, drills the holes just the same and you can drill a 1,000 holes per charge LOL

Just my two cents.

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 04, 2023, 10:38 AM »
I wouldn't trade my 8" lite-flite auger and Dewalt drill for the World, far superior to anything else out there that is ice fishing specific.

Lighter, drills the holes just the same and you can drill a 1,000 holes per charge LOL

Just my two cents.

1000 holes per charge, that is impressive!   

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Dec 04, 2023, 10:40 AM »
My bro has the Strikemaster 24V 6" auger and it  works fine.  he's had it 3 years now no problems.

That said I MUCH prefer my fuel/Lite-Flite combo.   

Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline thomasthepikehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 04, 2023, 11:43 AM »
I never took mine on the ice, but I was not impressed. Very cheap build, non-variable trigger. Not the worst at all, but I consider a drill combo superior.
-Tom

Offline Splattypus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 04, 2023, 06:28 PM »
That's fair. It's a very specific tool without many other fancy features or comforts. Not the highest quality, but the price reflects that as well.

Ive been stoked with my 8" though. After going from a 6" hand auger to 8" electric, the quality of life is huge.

Bigger hole is nice to be able to comfortably have flasher transducer down the same hole I'm actively jigging with less tangles. Or I can easily drill a dedicated flasher hole, at zero effort. And I can set a hole for a tipup and chase big pike without concern too (not that a 6" hole isn't adequate, but eliminates the need for perfection)

Plus 8" hole stays open longer/easier, skimmer fits nicer (if even necessary).

And compared to my hand, it weighs only slightly more, actually packs nicer in the sled too. Picked up a second battery and now I can drill more holes in a day than I have time to fish.

Mostly I was just remarking 9n the value of an 8" hole vs 6" hole. So much nicer. Whatever powerhead you have to get there matters less, bigger hole is worth it.
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.

Offline Hillsfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 04, 2023, 09:29 PM »
I have the 24V with 8 inch blades.  This is my third season with it and absolutely love it!  I have heard folks say that you need the 40V for thick ice but that is not the case.  I typically have 20" plus ice and the 24V has no issues whatsoever.  For the weight and cost difference the 24V rocks.  I fish mainly for panfish or trout but do run tipups for pike, so the 8 inch is nice.  Even if you only fish for panfish I would recommend going with the 8 inch as you have more room for the flasher cable, and just in case you hook into that bigger fish...

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 05, 2023, 07:36 AM »
I really like the design of the new Eskimo E40, and I'm sure it's awesome, but I can't for the life of me understand why people want to subscribe to proprietary battery technology if there is any way possible to avoid it. Now, yes, I understand something like the Milwaukee M18 battery platform would technically be considered proprietary, but honestly, M18 is almost as common as AA batteries now. You'll never see that battery platform completely go away, not in our lifetime.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.