The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: any thoughts on access Ice cond. for Saturday any where Lake Champlain for Pike  (Read 1211 times)

Offline PIKE426

• IceShanty Rookie
any thoughts on access Ice cond. for Saturday any where Lake Champlain for Pike

Offline lingcod

• Team IceShanty Regular
The shores have opened up in the Islands and more snow is coming down. Pretty risky ( and I REALLY want to go out.) Ugghhh.

Offline PIKE426

• IceShanty Rookie
Thinking highgate spring area near martins store the boat launch

Offline Champlain Islander

• Team IceShanty Addict
I am probably done barring a rapid freeze. The shores are a mess and going to get worse when all this wet snow melts. In addition, this time of the year with potentially bad spots I like to see what I am walking on and this snowfall prevents that.
Taught ice fishing for pan fish by one of the best...Art Rye may he RIP

Offline Lord_of_the_Perch

• Team IceShanty Regular
Carry Bay still fish-able. Walked on from Bird land with no problem. Guy walked on from the north end. Fished Lapans yesterday. Ice is solid there. Getting on Ok too. Good luck and be safe....

Offline fishermarsh

• IceShanty Rookie
I'm not risking my life for a fish.

Offline PIKE426

• IceShanty Rookie
Changed plans headed Lake Bomoseen told ice still holding ok there thank you

Offline WVBoy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "I am haunted by water." - Norman Maclean -
As of Tuesday there was over a foot of solid ice out there..shoreline is soft but accessible. inside the xmas trees where gilbert marked off earlier this season the ice was soft and chunky which is expected. Ive only been oiut on foot but wheelers were traveling out there earlier this week. Not sure how the snow impacted things now, ive debated on going out this weekend.
"Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths." - Jimmy D Moore

Offline lingcod

• Team IceShanty Regular
I checked out Carry & Dillenbeck bays early afternoon today - no one had been on either. Might try Carry tomorrow if people are out there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.