Author Topic: anyone on here icefish the st. lawerance near riviere-du loup?  (Read 2382 times)

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
bonjour! i live on the border w/ you guys in ft. kent, maine. my relatives are all from quebec originally. trois pistoles mostly.  ive been up to the st. lawarence many times. im only a hour away. always was interested in trying the st. lawerance for ice fishing. ive seen some shows about it on cbc but havent been able to find much more info. on it. any of you guys on here fish in that area? when does the ice become safe on there to fish? i dont want anyones spot just some general info. on it.  i just want to do it for the experience. maybe could trade someone for a trip w/ me on beau lake for muskie/ lake trout. merci!   steve bosse

Offline steven girard

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: anyone on here icefish the st. lawerance near riviere-du loup?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2012, 02:36 PM »
Hi Steve! Happy New Year!   

I think you have more chances if you go to Rimouski.. They icefishing for the smelt, i think they're in the Rimouski river and on the St-Lawrence, near thet river...just type icefishing rimouski on google, you're gonna have many reports!

Hope it help!
I was going to break a world record when the clock rang.....

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2012, 08:58 AM »
merci steven! ill look that up. you ever fish there yourself? i love sea run smelts! fun to catch!

Offline steven girard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2012, 10:35 AM »
Welcome!  I didn't fish there,,y tried at Monmagny and northside of Orléans island, but it's kind of very hard to fish, see pcraticaly dangerous! I'm  in Quebec city so prefer here just for fun or St-Pierre Lake!(South side) (Sorel)..But i recently found a place for trout! I think it's not to far for me and same for you! Abénaquis Lake!

I dont kwow if you still read french! here a couple of link!

It's at St-Aurélie.

http://www.acpla.org/activites.html

MAP===> CLICK HERE

Your able to see a couple of trout pics  here!

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003266790717&sk=photos

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2012, 11:34 AM »
you arent that far from me. my french isnt as good as my parents cause i was born in conecticut so they never spoke it to us.  wish i was better than i am but i get by. thank you for the links! maybe we could fish sometime. beau lake is a boundry water i fish often. its near riviere bleue. i talk to some fishermen from your side when im out there. between my little bit of french and their little bit of english we get along just fine ! especially when i bring out the crown royal! we become good friends! have a good ice season!

Offline steven girard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2012, 03:39 PM »
Have a good season too!   Is there only musky in the lahe? and do we also need US fishing license?(Because it's looking right in middle!)

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2012, 05:22 AM »
has lake trout. ive yet to get muskie but guys from your side say they have got some. very deep lake. maine or quebec license is good there. you ever come this way i can meet you there. i know your laws are different than ours so check your laws first. tight lines!

Offline steven girard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2012, 08:56 PM »
Yess ,, our laws for there are strange!

For the Laketrout, here in zone 2 it's closed since mid-september! what it is for you?

And we got something very strange that i discovered since 5 min.! Wow..Dont know if it because the fact that the lake is in middle of the border,but it's amazing! We cannot overpass 10feet depth water from the shore! What a deal! ;D

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2012, 08:52 AM »
Yess ,, our laws for there are strange!

For the Laketrout, here in zone 2 it's closed since mid-september! what it is for you?

And we got something very strange that i discovered since 5 min.! Wow..Dont know if it because the fact that the lake is in middle of the border,but it's amazing! We cannot overpass 10feet depth water from the shore! What a deal! ;D
  what!! thats crazy! for us we cant cross the middle of the lake but we can fish anywhere on our side. it opened jan. 1 to mar. 31. 2 lake trout 2 brook trout, 2 salmon. no limit on muskie. 3 whitefish. thats the limit on our side. i dont know why they would say 10ft. of water. thats 5ft. from shore on most places on that lake. thats why i barely see any fishermen from your side. would be better off to get a 1 day license from this side. glazier lake which is just downstream is a border water w/ new brunswick and we can fish all over the lake but not inside a cove on the canadian side.

Offline steven girard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2012, 04:48 PM »
Wow! really like your rules! :tipup:

And i'm sure that a non-resident license is cheaper in your side! ;)

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 09, 2012, 08:54 AM »
with the exchange you are probably right. could look it up for you. if you ever get over this way we could hit it sometime.

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 09, 2012, 08:58 AM »
its $11 for a 1 day. $23 for a 3 day. thats pretty reasonable. whats it on your side for a alien license?

Offline steven girard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 09, 2012, 07:19 PM »
 $12.60 for a day and $27.78 for 3

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 12, 2012, 08:36 AM »
thats not bad either. find a lake half way and maybe a road trip?

Offline steven girard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 12, 2012, 07:49 PM »
Maybe later, and i'll check it out for the other lake of that zone 2, because many off them looks to have that stupid law about the 10feet max! :(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.