The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: glendo  (Read 2270 times)

Offline walleyeslayer1130

• IceShanty Rookie
glendo
« on: Nov 21, 2012, 10:15 AM »
I'm going up to Glendo but have no idea where to go or what to use  ???
Can you guys help me.

Offline gemcityslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: glendo
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2012, 12:05 PM »
Live bait works all year ;D

Are you fishing from a boat or from shore?  If you are fishing from a boat I'd try jigging spoons, move around until you mark fish or catch fish (if you have a flasher).  I know a guy who does well jigging 5" jerk shads like jigging spoons.

If you are from shore, I'd try twister tails (jigs) drag em near the bottom and bounce em off some rocks.

Hope it helps.

Offline walleyeslayer1130

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2012, 01:24 PM »
Thank alot it helped were do u recommend going

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2012, 08:06 PM »
Boat or ice?  Guess it doesnt matter pick up a chart and target poonts and drop offs.
Don

Offline Icefishur03

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2012, 01:15 PM »
If you can locate the shad schools, try 2 to 3 ft below them with minnows or just a head on something flashy. Cats, eyes,  and or perch should find you! Good luck!

Offline trogdor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Burninating
« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2012, 10:23 PM »
Two words: slab spoons
Tu ne cede malis

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2012, 11:42 AM »
Planning to head up to Glendo this season and line up the tip ups to target LMB.  Any suggestions for areas to fish?   :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline Matt R.

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jeg er de beste eice fisker mon!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2012, 11:56 AM »
save your gas money... I grew up around Denver and the bass fishing there is MUCH BETTER!

check out the ponds at Chatfield...... to the south. Big Bass! ;D

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #8 on: Nov 26, 2012, 12:00 PM »
save your gas money... I grew up around Denver and the bass fishing there is MUCH BETTER!

check out the ponds at Chatfield...... to the south. Big Bass! ;D
I hear ya -- I'll be hitting Chatty, too but we can only use 2 lines here in CO.  I want a chance to use my 5 tip-ups again.  Nothin like chasing flags!   :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 26, 2012, 08:38 PM »
if you want to chase flags all day, box butte has plenty of hungry pike looking for a meal.  The bass in Glendo are few and far between.
Don

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #10 on: Nov 26, 2012, 11:55 PM »
if you want to chase flags all day, box butte has plenty of hungry pike looking for a meal.  The bass in Glendo are few and far between.

Was planning to hit Box Butte too! :)
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline Special

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Old School
« Reply #11 on: Nov 27, 2012, 09:04 AM »
Largemouth Bass-Wyoming. Let me think.  Yep wrong fish to chase in this state. You might have to change species.  Yes we have LM in Wyoming but are limited in size and location. There are a few res. that carry 3 pounders but you would have to drive across the state to fish them and there are two pole limits on them, so you can't use extra tipups. I think if ya want to come up and fish. Change your plans on species and have some fun.  ;)
No one left behind.     

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #12 on: Nov 27, 2012, 10:07 AM »
Largemouth Bass-Wyoming. Let me think.  Yep wrong fish to chase in this state. You might have to change species.  Yes we have LM in Wyoming but are limited in size and location. There are a few res. that carry 3 pounders but you would have to drive across the state to fish them and there are two pole limits on them, so you can't use extra tipups. I think if ya want to come up and fish. Change your plans on species and have some fun.  ;)

Good advice Special -- just figured I'd give it a shot and have an excuse to head north for a weekend in beautiful WY.  When I lived in MA, I got used to visiting surrounding states for various fisheries (Winnipesaukee in NH, VT, etc).  Around here, WY is one place I haven't explored much.

Out of curiosity, what species do people usually target in Glendo with tipups?  Mostly eyes and perch?
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 27, 2012, 12:06 PM »
you answered your own question.  Those are the 2 fish in high numbers in glendo.  There are also crappie but not as easily found.
Don

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Nov 27, 2012, 03:30 PM »
what about catfish, I have seen a lot of pictures form other shanty members who catch some nice ones out of there.  But on the bass, there is a lake just west of Boysen, lake camawait, or bass lake to the locals, that hold some nice bass and there are some big trout that come down into the lake with a large number of perch, mostly smaller but I have had some success in catching some 10 inches or bigger.  A great lake to take the kids to, they can catch a lot of fish when you get over the perch.  The game and fish just dumped some blue gills in the lake as well in October.  Plus it is only a short drive over to boysen if you want to chase walleye, perch, sauger, ling, perch, catfish, trout, and catfish.  Bass lake is a two pole lake, with no live bait allowed, but boysen is a six pole lake with live bait allowed, and i did see on the Wyoming outdoor radio page that someone caught a really nice largemouth out of cottonwood bay during a walleye tournament this year, and have heard a few people even say they caught smallmouths out of there.  I have seen largemouths caught but never a smallie, I have tried but have not been able to catch the bass out of the lake.  Hope this helps some.

Offline Matt R.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Nov 27, 2012, 03:38 PM »
There's catfish in Glendo? ???

Offline Sixxer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Nov 27, 2012, 04:39 PM »
Landed that one a few weeks ago...

"Of course our rods are short, it's freezing out here!"

Offline trogdor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Burninating
« Reply #17 on: Nov 27, 2012, 05:26 PM »
There's catfish in Glendo? ???

Oh there are but they are so few and far between its not worth going after them. Dont bother folks!

;D
Tu ne cede malis

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #18 on: Nov 27, 2012, 05:36 PM »
boysen is a six pole lake with live bait allowed, and i did see on the Wyoming outdoor radio page that someone caught a really nice largemouth out of cottonwood bay

Thanks for the info, fish/hunt -- for me, Boysen is about a 6.5 hr drive, so I'm thinking it's a bit far.  But thanks just the same!   :)
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline Matt R.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Nov 27, 2012, 06:50 PM »
Oh there are but they are so few and far between its not worth going after them. Dont bother folks!

;D

HA! ;D

Offline gloomis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Nov 27, 2012, 08:44 PM »
sixxer must of been in the right spot at the right time ;D

TYLERFEEZER

« Reply #21 on: Nov 28, 2012, 02:07 AM »
Hopefully Box Butte will be okay to fish! My uncle went up there late this summer and said there wasn't even enough water to put a boat on so he went to Minitare and did really well

Offline Special

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Old School
« Reply #22 on: Nov 28, 2012, 10:12 AM »
Hopefully Box Butte will be okay to fish! My uncle went up there late this summer and said there wasn't even enough water to put a boat on so he went to Minitare and did really well

Don't scare me like that. Box Butte has been a great fishery.  I was just down in that direction but didn't make it all the way to box butte was in Crawford NE.. Whitney res wasn't that bad so now I'm going check on conditions before I make a voyage down. I loved fishing for panfish, slabs that are bigger than my palm and the pike, little devils with sharp teeth.  >:D
No one left behind.     

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.