The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Possible Flaming Gorge trout ice fishing tournament  (Read 1707 times)

Offline 307FISHERMAN

• IceShanty Rookie
Possible Flaming Gorge trout ice fishing tournament
« on: Dec 27, 2010, 09:52 PM »
So Here is the dea....I have been putting alot of thought into putting on a ice fishing tournament on Flaming Gorge Reservoir to earn money toward the Wyoming Down Syndrome Association. I will be talking to them about this tomorrow. Please leave your feedback asap on your thoughts. Always wondered why there wasn't a trout tournament during the winter. Dates would be looking like February 19th and 20th if I can get this together and calling it Jiggin' For Wyoming Down Syndrome! Hope to hear from you all soon and I will be looking into this as well with more information to make this happen. It would be for an amazing cause to help support education, information, networking opportunities and support for families and individuals with Down syndrome in the state of Wyoming.

Offline fish4weeks

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Possible Flaming Gorge trout ice fishing tournament
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2010, 09:59 PM »
this is a great idea...i hope you can get it goin.
-Darin Weeks-

Offline wyo700

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2010, 10:05 PM »
sounds great to me.   ;D

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2010, 10:38 PM »
I would be in.
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline stinkypete

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2010, 10:58 PM »
If it comes together I would love to come down from Casper to join in the fun for a good cause.

Offline WYLINGIT

• IceShanty Rookie
  • 'cause they're tasty!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 27, 2010, 11:04 PM »
would be interested for sure!!!! Unfortuanally I'll be earning a paycheck that weekend! DAG NABBIT!

Offline 307FISHERMAN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 27, 2010, 11:20 PM »
I am going to work hard to get this together. If everything falls into place it should be a go. Still needing more feedback and how the turn out may be!?! Thanks everyone

Offline wyoute

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 28, 2010, 12:27 AM »
Planning on being there that weekend! about 5 of us would be interested! ;)

Offline fishley

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 28, 2010, 12:55 AM »
So Here is the dea....I have been putting alot of thought into putting on a ice fishing tournament on Flaming Gorge Reservoir to earn money toward the Wyoming Down Syndrome Association. I will be talking to them about this tomorrow. Please leave your feedback asap on your thoughts. Always wondered why there wasn't a trout tournament during the winter. Dates would be looking like February 19th and 20th if I can get this together and calling it Jiggin' For Wyoming Down Syndrome! Hope to hear from you all soon and I will be looking into this as well with more information to make this happen. It would be for an amazing cause to help support education, information, networking opportunities and support for families and individuals with Down syndrome in the state of Wyoming.

the only catch i see is you better go to the forest circuis oh i mean forest service first! before you set any plans it all has to go by them first ! if you need any help just holor!would help any time for a cause such as this! ;D

Offline 307FISHERMAN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 28, 2010, 12:14 PM »
I talked to the Wyoming Game & Fish Department and sent in my contest application. They said it should be approved for sure, but the one down side is they do not want Lake Trout as a fish for the derby since they are trying to protect the trophy fish. So the Jiggin For Wyoming Down Syndrome would include Rainbows, Browns, Burbot and possibly a special class for Kokanee....we know they are tricky and tough to catch through the ice. Still needed for feedback please!

Offline fishley

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 28, 2010, 12:41 PM »
I talked to the Wyoming Game & Fish Department and sent in my contest application. They said it should be approved for sure, but the one down side is they do not want Lake Trout as a fish for the derby since they are trying to protect the trophy fish. So the Jiggin For Wyoming Down Syndrome would include Rainbows, Browns, Burbot and possibly a special class for Kokanee....we know they are tricky and tough to catch through the ice. Still needed for feedback please!

[/quote

wyoming game and fish have zero to do with derbys on a fedreal body of water maybe they take it to the forest service but it does have to get a permit from ashley natinal forest first! just want you to have all your bases covered! like i said if i can help holor! koke's are not that hard to catch it's just finding them it would be fun to get some money going on them then maybe some would try harder to find them?

Offline 307FISHERMAN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 28, 2010, 01:48 PM »
Yeah I sent in the application for the derby to the game and fish and then im suppose to call the guy at the ashley national forest office on monday...everything is looking like a go so far. Will know more monday tho. I really hope there will be a great turnout.

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #12 on: Dec 28, 2010, 02:11 PM »
How 'bout the smallest laker caught???? lol. They want everyone to keep all the eaters anyway...just make this sucker a little different. I guess if they say no then it's a no but just sayin that could work...or closest to 2 lbs or 4 lbs something like that. Just cuz it's so easy to luck into the little ones when fishing for bows.
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline wyofisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 28, 2010, 08:33 PM »
That sounds Great! Count me and a few more guys to participate, would love to support a great cause  and get some good fishing in.

Offline mr.mack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 28, 2010, 11:04 PM »
count me in  :thumbsup:
<

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.