The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: West Yellowstone Bison  (Read 1087 times)

Offline PablitoPescador

• Team IceShanty Regular
West Yellowstone Bison
« on: Jan 15, 2020, 02:15 PM »
Hey everybody. I was fortunate enough to pull a West Yellowstone either sex tag this year. With the Hebgen lake ice fishing tournament having just taken place I figured I'd take advantage of all the eyeballs that have been on the area recently and reach out to the community to see if anybody has seen any moving through. Also, if anybody has done this hunt before I'd appreciate any words of wisdom you might have. Thanks guys

Offline PerchPounderMT

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: West Yellowstone Bison
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2020, 02:20 PM »
here we go again......
Dont ask

Offline Arrow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2020, 09:55 PM »
Dollars to doughnuts you won’t get to go, a buddy of mine was number 1 on the list and never got to go. Indians get them all now is what I understand.
Go Find Yours

Offline PablitoPescador

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2020, 06:27 AM »
Dollars to doughnuts you won’t get to go, a buddy of mine was number 1 on the list and never got to go. Indians get them all now is what I understand.
I drew an either sex tag and the season goes from 11/15-2/15. This isn’t a cow/calf roster tag

Offline MatCat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2020, 04:51 PM »
My brother had a tag for Gardiner last year.  Seems that unless there are absolutely unlivable conditions for them in the park, they don't come out until after the season is over.  They have a hotline on montana fwp website to find out if they are migrating.  They will let you know if any are out of the park or even near the boundary ready to come out.  I wouldn't go unless there is a good report on the hotline.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.