The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Hyalite is hot!  (Read 11783 times)

Offline Fortpeck1

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Hyalite is hot!
« Reply #60 on: Jan 16, 2020, 01:29 PM »
sportsmans warehouse, bob wards, or order from pautzke

Offline B bob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Jan 16, 2020, 01:33 PM »
It is pretty interesting on how some people on this site are almost trying to be the ring leaders and feel the need to assert some sort of common law on everyone.  Hyalite is the busiest state park in all of montana. Where as Gtown sounds and looks like a place I would like to try now seeing that sweet youtube video.  Like???   Posts??  I dont care to keep track of either but it seems that some folks on here get a feeling of importance with the amount of Likes oh I mean posts they can rack up.  Seriously its ice fishing .....Drill a hole drink a beer and go fishing for god sakes.   The hole state has been "hot spotted"  if you think hyalite needs protected or any other lake than why not close the reports page where you can easily see how any lake is fishing!   Hot spotting or showing off hundreds of pictures of yourself on this site is all the same to me nor do I care.  Just go fish and relax everyone and focus on the bigger picture  HAVING FUN!!!!

Offline Noon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Jan 16, 2020, 01:45 PM »
  Just go fish and relax everyone and focus on the bigger picture  HAVING FUN!!!!

How dare you! Fishing is NOT about fun or relaxing. It is about spouting opinions on the internet ;D
It doesn't sound that appealing to most people I talk to, but going out onto a frozen lake and staring into a hole for the day is my favorite thing to do.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē F˙Sh
« Reply #63 on: Jan 16, 2020, 01:48 PM »
 ;)

Offline G fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wish i was a fishing(Too slim n the traildragers)
« Reply #64 on: Jan 16, 2020, 01:53 PM »
B.S. in one hand and Wish in the other and see what one fill faster. 😂😂😂😂👍
Team Ripp'n lips.
"Drink a little"
"Save a little"
"There will always be a Little".

Offline doublehaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Doublehaul
« Reply #65 on: Jan 16, 2020, 02:57 PM »
Jesus are you still trying to justify fishing  for likes? Youre a real prize Paul:) if you hand gotten your balls busted by everyone  you'd still be blowing up every single place you go. A video from the most popular ice fishing lake in MT doesn't even begin to compare to your ignorance buddy:)

Not much has changed. He just shoots drone footage farther East. He should change his signature to “Will travel to hotspot”.

TRR doesn’t need any more publicity. The fishing has exponentially declined as a direct result of over harvest.
So many fish, so little time.

Offline BoomerFTW

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish, and than fish some more!
« Reply #66 on: Jan 16, 2020, 03:23 PM »
Not much has changed. He just shoots drone footage farther East. He should change his signature to “Will travel to hotspot”.

TRR doesn’t need any more publicity. The fishing has exponentially declined as a direct result of over harvest.

Good one ::)  TRR is one of the most popular spots in our area for ice fishing.  I am pretty sure the TRR Marina Facebook page drives more traffic out there in a week than any little video I have ever made.  Good for them too, because it is nice to have a shop open with supplies and minnows right there with enough customers to keep them going.  If you really believe TRR is over harvested talk to FWP.

Catchfishnotfeelings

« Reply #67 on: Jan 16, 2020, 07:48 PM »
So the fishing is good at Hyalite, I better get there!!!

Catchfishnotfeelings

« Reply #68 on: Jan 16, 2020, 07:54 PM »
Meh, never mind I just watched a video about Green Bay Giant walleye, I’m going there instead!!

Offline OTTOCAR

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Jan 16, 2020, 10:41 PM »
GIRLS,,,  GIRLS,,,  take a breath,,  R  E  L  A  X  !!

Tinker

« Reply #70 on: Jan 17, 2020, 12:28 AM »
I stopped fishing hyalite before they started plowing the road beyond lower fishing access, no crowds, in fact almost no one there most days.  I don’t have any videos or oodles of posts but I would like to through my weiner in the ring, I think it’s the biggest  ;D

Offline Born 2 Jig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Jan 17, 2020, 08:52 AM »
Well, only one thing left to do...start hot spotting every single lake out there. Isn't that the main goal? To get more people fishing and grow the sport? Can't wait for the hypocrites to respond with another 3 pages of pissing and moaning.

Offline MT_BINX

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Jan 17, 2020, 10:20 AM »
Well, only one thing left to do...start hot spotting every single lake out there. Isn't that the main goal? To get more people fishing and grow the sport? Can't wait for the hypocrites to respond with another 3 pages of pissing and moaning.

this....this is the truth. people complain about not enough sportsman and younger people in the crowd then if you say "hey did great at this body of water of the weekend" your a bad person and hot spot creator.....sorry its public land for a reason...public open to all....not some or the chosen "been ice fishing since i was born" crowd.
Its called PUBLIC land.... don't get mad if someone else is fishing there.

“Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

Catchfishnotfeelings

« Reply #73 on: Jan 17, 2020, 10:48 AM »
I’m so confused, just watched that Georgetown lake video,  thanks mfish, I think I’ll go there instead now!!! Too many lakes being hot spotted to choose from.  Being pulled in so many different directions.  What shall I do??

Offline Born Late

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #74 on: Jan 17, 2020, 10:58 AM »
What shall I do??

I’d start with deleting your burner account.
YOU are the only one who can decide if the ice is safe enough for you.

Offline G fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wish i was a fishing(Too slim n the traildragers)
« Reply #75 on: Jan 17, 2020, 10:59 AM »
Mt. Fwp teaches you if lost or confused. 🛑 build a 🔥. And wait for help  or tell you figure things out.   Gd luck. 
Team Ripp'n lips.
"Drink a little"
"Save a little"
"There will always be a Little".

Offline mtfishingfool

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #76 on: Jan 17, 2020, 11:48 AM »
Longtime ice fisherman but new to this particular board.  I just wanted to comment on what my initial thoughts from the posts I've read 1. Don't post anything about anywhere that is good fishing because that's hot spotting 2. Don't post techniques because that's giving away secrets 3. stay the hell out of MY fishing spots and 4. recognize me for being the ice fishing genius that I am.  Does that about sum it up?  Only post about everything non ice fishing related because apparently that is all that is allowed.  Seriously, some of you guys need to get over yourself, it's just friggin fishing.

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Jan 17, 2020, 11:53 AM »
Longtime ice fisherman but new to this particular board.  I just wanted to comment on what my initial thoughts from the posts I've read 1. Don't post anything about anywhere that is good fishing because that's hot spotting 2. Don't post techniques because that's giving away secrets 3. stay the hell out of MY fishing spots and 4. recognize me for being the ice fishing genius that I am.  Does that about sum it up?  Only post about everything non ice fishing related because apparently that is all that is allowed.  Seriously, some of you guys need to get over yourself, it's just friggin fishing.
I think we have a winner for best first post of all time!! :)

Offline icefishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #78 on: Jan 17, 2020, 03:44 PM »
I'll stroke my own eagle thanks though

Offline lundin-loading

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #79 on: Jan 17, 2020, 03:51 PM »
One thing worth noting about area specific information. The reports and conditions page is only accessible to members with 1 post. By posting area specific information to the main boards the information is available to anybody willing to do a Google search. From the sounds of it that may be fine with plenty of folks, however the intent is that members contribute, and in turn are given access to otherwise unavailable information. There are decades worth of information in the current reports/conditions page and the archives. Food for thought, take it or leave it....maybe the Facebook pages are a more appropriate alternative for some folks that take issue with the sentiments of alot of members here.

Offline slickice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Jan 17, 2020, 05:54 PM »
Here's another fine morning catch.  The largest perch was 12.5" and the smallest ones were 9+".  Caught very near to Missoula . . no B.S.  For all the vultures wanting to know exactly where, here's a hint :  fish close to 1100 Clark Fork Lane in Missoula.  That's all the info I'll give.

Offline njoy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Jan 17, 2020, 05:57 PM »
perch and a PBR!!!!!! how  good is that!!!

Offline MT_btagger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Jan 18, 2020, 07:17 PM »
Here's another fine morning catch.  The largest perch was 12.5" and the smallest ones were 9+".  Caught very near to Missoula . . no B.S.  For all the vultures wanting to know exactly where, here's a hint :  fish close to 1100 Clark Fork Lane in Missoula.  That's all the info I'll give.

Back in State College, PA, one of the most reliable spots to fish on Spring Creek is the sewage hole. Brown trout all the way!
"You will never be criticized by a guy catching more fish. Only by guys who are catching less."

Offline Ice eyes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #83 on: Jan 19, 2020, 07:14 AM »

Belongs on this thread

Offline slickice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Jan 19, 2020, 12:13 PM »
I absolutely love the video.  It's so true.  On a parallel note, for those of you who didn't get the humor and hint I provided in my previous post with a photo of my morning catch (1100 Clark Fork address as a great perch spot), it just so happens that the address is the sewage treatment plant in Missoula.  I wonder how many vultures looked up the address on Google. I did notice a guy casting from shore (down stream from sewage plant) while crossing the Reserve St. bridge.  Go figure.

Offline lukebob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #85 on: Jan 20, 2020, 11:21 PM »
Hyalite is no secret, so no one should be too mad about someone talking about doing well there. No huge fish but always good numbers.

Offline mtgrant

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Feb 18, 2020, 02:06 PM »
Hyalite was Hotter! Fishing has slowed big time. The THICK slush, ice, and snow is sloppy. Walking is hard. Most folks are staying near the boat ramp. The fish are SLOW biters at best. Caught about 20 trout in 6 hours. Kept 5 nice Cuts and some 12-14 inch Brooks. Bitter cold and the hole froze up fast. Cutting the hole is hard. You need a full auger. The sloppy layers bind and hook the auger. Watch for the twist and torque. Avoid it by lifting the auger to clear the hole every few inches. If you don't know what a bite looks like, good luck. You get one tap and that's it. Spring bobbers are a must. Met a couple nice boys from MSU. It was their first time o the ice. Showed them the ropes.

Tight Lines,
Montana Grant

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #87 on: Feb 20, 2020, 06:37 PM »
An interesting topic. A long time ago before the internet was a thing, there was the "Hunting and Fishing News". In the beginning I thought it was awesome! People talking about where the hot spots were! There were so many Great spots that were DESTROYED by all of that publicity. We started to learned in those days that maybe having your picture on the front page wasn't worth a great favorite place going down the tubes. The internet is exponentially more powerful! I try to be very careful about blowing up my favorite spots, and even so, still find myself unwittingly "letting the cat out of the bag" from time to time. Had to learn about that "location" setting on the phone. That damn thing labels everything with a really accurate location! I didn't even know it! For myself and my brother, we love our outdoor time. We approach it in a far more hardcore way than a lot of people do, and to a lot of people it must look like work. That means when we find a really good place we put a high value on it. When I see people asking where and how, I just laugh and ignore it. Maybe that makes me an A-hole; don't know and don't care. Sometimes a respectful and carefully worded P.M. will find me in a good mood and result in some useful information, but you can be assured that you ain't getting specific locations! Who knows I could even lead you in a different direction! Pictures of fish are taken by us because of the beauty of the fish. To me they are a marvelous creation. My wish is for everyone to find that beauty too, but I ain't holding your hand. The real sense of pride comes from doing myself. I wish more people were that way. I cringe when I see someone spouting off about a place I like to hunt or fish, but it's a free country. I just hope that like most things it will blow over and disappear. Usually it does, but occasionally that great place goes down to pressure. Too many people here now to prevent it. That's one reason that I rarely put pictures here now. I'd rather keep my places good than show the pictures. It used to be about sharing, but anymore it's more like a shark tank and I'm the bait fish.   

Offline SLIMMETT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #88 on: Feb 20, 2020, 07:16 PM »
Couldn’t have said it better!

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #89 on: Feb 20, 2020, 07:29 PM »
fantastic words....maybe someday the younger generation will truly know the heart felt beauty of your words....I am hoping...but..by sharing..is so wonderful....thank you so much for your post..it hit home to me....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.