Author Topic: Going to The Strap on Friday  (Read 1858 times)

Offline Husser

• Team IceShanty Regular
Going to The Strap on Friday
« on: Dec 16, 2004, 11:53 AM »
Any last tips? Some have said the point south of the hill has had mixed results. I am looking for a location with easy access to the lake. I won't be driving on the ice yet. Will be working auger jigs with maggots and minnows for Perch and Walleye. Will have some tip ups working smelts for Pike. This was my regular practice six years ago when I fished The Strap. It worked well then. Any other suggestions are much appreciated.

Offline saskafishman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ice fish or perish
Re: Going to The Strap on Friday
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2004, 11:59 AM »
 husser. why don't we meet up at the lake . I would try either the south road on the west side or try to find good acces to the north road on the west side. I am familiar with the lake and we could meet some where on the way ( grasswood esso) it is always better with more lines in the water to see if the fish are biting  sooner. we could try several locations and see what pans out.  let me know.

Offline Husser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2004, 12:55 PM »
Ya, that would be good to meet up. I will be heading back into the city before you, so I would need to take my vehicle, but that's not a problem. We could meet up at Grasswood Esso. What is a good time for you? The earliest for me would be right around 8:00am. Do you have an auger or should I grab my father's? We probably don't need two. Do you figure the south west shore is a good location? I used to fish there in the summer quite often. I really have no idea, so where ever is good. Let me know.

Offline saskafishman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ice fish or perish
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2004, 12:59 PM »
 why don't we meet at grasswood at say 8:30 . I will bring my power auger.  we can try a couple of spots. I think we should start at the south road there is a good chance for walleye perch and pike. we can always rty the north end if that doesn't work.  I will be in a white quarter ton truck with a landscaping sign on the side.  let me know if that is cool.  thanks.

Offline Husser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2004, 01:26 PM »
Sounds good. What are you going to be baiting up with? You figure minnows, maggots and smelts will do the trick? I will be driving a silver Honda CRV.

Offline saskafishman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ice fish or perish
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2004, 01:45 PM »
thet is what I will be bringing.    I will see you there at 8:30.  have a good day . steve.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.