Author Topic: Reports  (Read 2931 times)

Offline TJG

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's like xmas, 6-8 inchs of solid ice!!!
Reports
« on: Mar 24, 2004, 12:49 PM »
So where did everyone fish last weekend & where is everyone going for the last weekend & week of icefishing.

jigpig

Re: Reports
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2004, 03:19 PM »
heading up to alice beach this weekend. a friend has a place there and he just pulled out a 33 inch walleye this week.

jigpig

« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2004, 03:26 PM »
if your looking for quantity instead of quality check out ashams point on pasqua and the river mouth on katepwa, they have both been excellent for walleye in the evenings for the last two weeks. from about 4 till dark.

Offline TJG

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2004, 08:30 PM »
I second that, we were always there when I fished the Fort.

no fish in myhole

« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2004, 10:38 PM »
 is everybody here from regina

Offline TJG

• Team IceShanty Addict
From Regina?
« Reply #5 on: Mar 29, 2004, 03:07 AM »
Was, moved to Red Deer couple years ago. Go to Last Mountain everytime I get back there. Love Pasqua & Mission too.

Offline Spicoli

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I fish therefore I am.
« Reply #6 on: Oct 04, 2004, 05:21 PM »
i am from saskatoon

Offline saskafishman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ice fish or perish
« Reply #7 on: Nov 10, 2004, 12:58 PM »
EVERY ONE SHOULD DO THEMSELVES A FAVOR AND GET OUT TO DIEFENBAKER BEFORE THE ICE FORMS.  I WAS THERE A WEEK AGO AND BOY O BOY WERE THE FISH ACTIVE.  WE HOOKED PROBABLY THREEE DOZEN RAINBOWS, A HALF DOZEN WHITES, AND MANAGED A FEW PIKE. ALL ON FLY RODS WITH BIG BLACK FLIES.
EGG SUCKING LEACHES, BIG STONE FLIES SEEMED TO WORK BEST . WHEN WE OPENED UP THE TWO FISH WE KEPT, THEY WERE LOADED WITH BIG ( 2 INCHES ) WATER BEETLES. ALL THE FISH THAT DAY WERE IN LESS THAT THREE FEET OF WATER UP AGAINST THE SHORE THAT THE WIND WAS BLOWING AGAINST . I GUESS THE WIND STIRRED UP THE FEED AND THE FISH WERE GOING MENTAL.  IF YOU DO NOT HAVE FLY GEAR TRY USING SPINNING GEAR WITH THE FLY AND SOME SPLITSHOT ABOUT 4 FEET UP THE LINE I AM SURE THIS WOULD WORK AS WELL.   THERE SHOULD ALSO BE SOME LARGE PIKE AND WALLEYE TO BE HAD ON CRANKS OR JIGS AND MINNOWS.   GOOD LUCK TO ALL .   SASKAFISHMAN.

3JACK

« Reply #8 on: Nov 17, 2004, 10:12 AM »
EVERY ONE SHOULD DO THEMSELVES A FAVOR AND GET OUT TO DIEFENBAKER BEFORE THE ICE FORMS.  I WAS THERE A WEEK AGO AND BOY O BOY WERE THE FISH ACTIVE.  WE HOOKED PROBABLY THREEE DOZEN RAINBOWS, A HALF DOZEN WHITES, AND MANAGED A FEW PIKE. ALL ON FLY RODS WITH BIG BLACK FLIES.
EGG SUCKING LEACHES, BIG STONE FLIES SEEMED TO WORK BEST . WHEN WE OPENED UP THE TWO FISH WE KEPT, THEY WERE LOADED WITH BIG ( 2 INCHES ) WATER BEETLES. ALL THE FISH THAT DAY WERE IN LESS THAT THREE FEET OF WATER UP AGAINST THE SHORE THAT THE WIND WAS BLOWING AGAINST . I GUESS THE WIND STIRRED UP THE FEED AND THE FISH WERE GOING MENTAL.  IF YOU DO NOT HAVE FLY GEAR TRY USING SPINNING GEAR WITH THE FLY AND SOME SPLITSHOT ABOUT 4 FEET UP THE LINE I AM SURE THIS WOULD WORK AS WELL.   THERE SHOULD ALSO BE SOME LARGE PIKE AND WALLEYE TO BE HAD ON CRANKS OR JIGS AND MINNOWS.   GOOD LUCK TO ALL .   SASKAFISHMAN.

If I may, as Diefenbaker is a very large lake, where were you fishing when you had this success?  I am thinking of going down this weekend for a day but dont want to spend alot of time looking for spots to fish.

Offline saskafishman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ice fish or perish
« Reply #9 on: Nov 17, 2004, 01:19 PM »
3 jack , iwas there yesterday again. and the fish were in fairly shallow on the north side of the danielson boat launch bay .  power bait , fish farm miw were all working .
the bite was a little slower but i did  mange a few nice 4 - 5 pound rainbows in the 3 hours i was there.    good luck 

3JACK

« Reply #10 on: Nov 17, 2004, 02:58 PM »
Thanx alot...I will let you know how I do on Monday.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.