Author Topic: marmish rods  (Read 2644 times)

Offline polarfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE ICE BABY
marmish rods
« on: Nov 03, 2007, 09:23 PM »
 I'm thinking about getting one this year. what is the difference between the two,what # line should i use ??? and what lure from the site and what color combo and hook # ???. maggot i already know is the best  :) . and fav jigging style. i heard this brand of rod is King over lure presentation :-*.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Re: marmish rods
« Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 2007, 06:58 AM »
I wish I could help you with the difference between the two rods but no-where on the site can i find anything...I own three or so of the cheaper rod and they work great, it takes some getting use to when setting the hook, but other then that the strike indicater is by far the most sensative one i have ever used

For line go small, I have one rigged with 2lb p-line and another with 1lb fireline ice...the jigs are light, so look at the jig selection first pick the ones you want then buy the proper sized strike indicator to go with it. the site is great for showing the exact jig wieght for each product as well as how much weight the indicators can handle...match them up for your style fishing

The maggots are my fav jig, but the ants, and garlic as well as larve are all so great

Offline snowman3406

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2008, 09:12 PM »
I just ordered a pair of them for myself!  I was debating between them and the
fiskas rods, not too much info to be found about either type.  I ended up ordering
2 of the cheaper marmish rods.  They were on ebay for 25 shipped for both.  Can't
go wrong with that for a nib product that normally goes for that each plus shipping.

Offline polarfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE ICE BABY
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2008, 03:15 PM »
i got mine in the mail yesterday!!. and their is a difference the max rod is fiberglass so it is very flexable and if you thought the bobber in flexable on the reg one ( the bobber is different on this its like a plastic strip) this one is THREE times more it is EXTREMLY sensitive i think I'm going to buy the reg one to try them both and see what i think.

Offline snowman3406

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2008, 09:22 AM »
If you bought the better of the two rods, why would you want to take a
step backwards to try their inferior rod as well?

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2008, 09:28 AM »
I just ordered a pair of them for myself!  I was debating between them and the
fiskas rods, not too much info to be found about either type.  I ended up ordering
2 of the cheaper marmish rods.  They were on ebay for 25 shipped for both.  Can't
go wrong with that for a nib product that normally goes for that each plus shipping.

o u got the ones on ebay, i was bidding against u! ur the one that i hated lol  :P hope they work out for you
Another crappie.........yay!

Offline polarfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE ICE BABY
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2008, 02:04 PM »
AHHHHHHHH i was also bidding on them, you dirty rascal ;D but o well i got the max rod, just kidding. i wondered if that was possible because its a small world

Offline polarfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE ICE BABY
« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2008, 02:07 PM »
If you bought the better of the two rods, why would you want to take a
step backwards to try their inferior rod as well?
i like the bobber on the others(there metal) this one is plastic or some compostie.

Offline snowman3406

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2008, 08:49 PM »
I did bid at first, but those 2 went too high for what i was willing to pay with shipping.  The
next day there was a seller that had them in their store for 10.75 plus ship.  For that price
i jumped on 2 of them!  He had 6, and i don't think they were even up for a day! 

Offline snowman3406

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 10, 2008, 08:52 PM »
Guess we have to keep each other posted on our biddings when stuff is in stock and take turns
that way we aren't jacking up the price on each other!  I think the two and the jigs went for almost
40 shipped, which wasn't that much of a bargain in my opinion, so i dropped out of it, and just got
luck to see the other ones listed in the store shortly after.  Man they went quick at that price.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.